Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-3 MK Dons

+10
Bolton Nuts
okocha
karlypants
wessy
Whitesince63
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 17:12

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Phew! Feels like a win after all that... aside from the 2 sloppy goals we conceded today I thought we looked a good match for them. Cut out those mistakes and tighten things up a bit and we'll be alright in this league

22Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 18:57

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Great game both sides played well, just annoying that we gifted them a couple of goals, our second was superb. but lucky to score so late, i saw the ref look at his watch twice just before our goal.

23Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 19:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well, we couldn't have left that any later. Frustrating that we gifted them a couple of goals, and failed to make the most of our own chances, but by the end I was begging for 3-3. 
Great to be back at the ground though, despite the usual drag getting off the car park.

24Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 19:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good to be back, but same old Bolton.

Shambolic defending and goalkeeping cost us dearly. Happy with a point in the end, but MK are one of the favourites to go down and have no manager - this should have been 3 points.

Evans out.

25Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 19:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anyone notice the MK fan getting carted out. His pants came down.

26Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 19:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Did anyone notice the MK fan getting carted out. His pants came down.

Sounds like that magnifying glass came in handy.

27Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 19:30

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Did anyone notice the MK fan getting carted out. His pants came down.
Yes, I saw that.  At least they let him pull them back up again Smile

28Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 19:32

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gilks was rubbish in net. 
A mistake gifted them the opener and a 2nd mistake (slip) should have given them their 2nd.
Could have scored more had we been more clinical in front of goal.  

Great to score the equaliser in the final minutes!

29Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 21:21

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Only one game in but the standard of play might be a tad harder than most thought. MK are not exactly favorites in League one but played us well. Gilks had a poor game and Williams was lucky not to see red for that tackle.
Everyone put in a good effort so lets see how it goes - onwards.

30Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 22:13

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I'm happy with the standard of football on display. Exciting to be there, fun to watch. I would take that any day over a boring 1-0 win. We go to the football to be entertained, and that's what we got.

Gilkes had a couple of dodgy moments but he has been decent for us. He was a big reason why we got promoted last season and his commanding at the back is a big influence on the way that we play, eg with his distribution and his timing as well as his organisation. I'm not going to drag him down for making a couple of blunders.

The new signings look decent and going forward we are a real threat.

On the one hand people might say we squandered some decent chances but on the other hand, when you watch someone like Man City, they don't score every chance... If they did they would score twelve goals per game. Three goals for us today was a good return for the number of attacks we had.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

31Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 22:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

32Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 23:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

33Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sun Aug 08 2021, 12:21

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I thought we did well to scrape that point because four or five were way below par today. Doyle definitely shouldn’t have started and what on earth was wrong with Dapo who was bobbins today. MJ didn’t look fit and neither did Gilks who was solely responsible for both the first two conceded. Jones was also off form and we clearly missed Rico’s presence despite Johnson and Baps doing well. With their new signings MK look a decent side and should finish well up but despite our deficiencies yesterday there was enough to see that once our full squad is fit we’ll have no problem finishing around the play offs at least.

34Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sun Aug 08 2021, 13:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Entertaining game but we should have killed the game off when we sent 2-1 up. We gifted them 2 goals as Johnstone made a mess for the first and not sure how Gilks was beaten on his side for their free kick.

A few of the team lacked fitness, Doyle especially but i thought Sheehan and Bayayoko did well on their debuts. Santos needs to get fit soon to get his partnership with Baps back together.

35Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Mon Aug 09 2021, 14:25

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Enjoyed every single minute of Saturday. Seeing all the fans, the pre match pints, hearing that roar, singing songs, cheering goals, dispairing at defensive mistakes and from dejection to jubilation. Football is back and I bloody love it!!

36Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Mon Aug 09 2021, 15:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Enjoyed every single minute of Saturday. Seeing all the fans, the pre match pints, hearing that roar, singing songs, cheering goals, dispairing at defensive mistakes and from dejection to jubilation. Football is back and I bloody love it!!
Me too 58. Nice to hear from you on here again. cheers

37Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Mon Aug 09 2021, 16:10

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:Entertaining game but we should have killed the game off when we sent 2-1 up. We gifted them 2 goals as Johnstone made a mess for the first and not sure how Gilks was beaten on his side for their free kick.

A few of the team lacked fitness, Doyle especially but i thought Sheehan and Bayayoko did well on their debuts. Santos needs to get fit soon to get his partnership with Baps back together.
Not sure it was Johnston's fault TBH, Gilks played an awful ball to him, then should have had the shot in in his pocket, too slow by far and probably at fault for all 3 goals.

38Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Mon Aug 09 2021, 19:54

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

boltonbonce wrote:
Me too 58. Nice to hear from you on here again. cheers
Thanks mate. Nice to see from your avi that some things never change.

39Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Mon Aug 09 2021, 20:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Thanks mate. Nice to see from your avi that some things never change.
True. Although going through LH to the match Saturday, we noticed that the White Lion had gone. Had a few pints in there in the past.

40Bolton 3-3 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Mon Aug 09 2021, 20:18

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

boltonbonce wrote:
True. Although going through LH to the match Saturday, we noticed that the White Lion had gone. Had a few pints in there in the past.
Only just been demolished Boncey. Its been closed down for years but the place went up in flames about 3 weeks back and it was just dangerous so they bulldozed it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum