Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MK Dons 0-2 Bolton

+8
wanderlust
Growler
okocha
terenceanne
Hip Priest
wessy
Whitesince63
Norpig
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Sun Sep 11 2022, 00:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back in the saddle with a tough test away at a decent MKD side who started the season as one of the favourites for promotion.
Since losing their first game by a single goal on the first day away at Cambridge despite dominating, MKD have had mixed results. Like us they've struggled to win against the better teams losing to Exeter, Wednesday and Ipswich but have also turned in a few good performances notably crushing Morecambe 4 nil and dumping Watford out of the EFL cup. They sit 4 points behind us.
I'm not sure what to make of MKD. They have a good attack and like to control possession but their performances haven't met the pre-season expectations yet.
Both teams need a win and both teams will think the game is winnable - I think this will be very much about who turns up on the night.
Hopefully that will be us as a win will keep us in touch with the leading group.
I'm backing the lads to take the points by a single goal.

2MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 08:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like its on tonight so hoping to pick up a narrow away win. They haven't started too well this season which is a surprise as they were a good team last year.

3MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 08:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I expect the usual underwhelming away performance.

2-0 to the home team.

4MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 15:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely gutted, but my sister-in-law is coming this afternoon and I probably won't be able to watch. Lovely to see her - only the second time since my brother passed away - but her timing could have been better.

5MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 16:40

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Absolutely gutted, but my sister-in-law is coming this afternoon and I probably won't be able to watch. Lovely to see her - only the second time since my brother passed away - but her timing could have been better.
Oh dear, that’s a shame Lusty it should be a good game. Maybe she’s a closet Wanderers fan and you can both watch it? I fancy us tonight as I don’t think MK are anywhere near the same side this season after losing their 3 best players and manager. Looking on their sites they don’t seem that confident either so I’m going 1-3 to the Wanderers.

6MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 16:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do people watch the same team as I do?

I can't see a Bolton victory under any circumstances. We just don't win these games.

I hope I'm wrong, but as you know, I rarely am.

The last time I was confident of regular away wins was under Colin Todd when we walked the league.

7MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 19:12

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Do people watch the same team as I do?

I can't see a Bolton victory under any circumstances. We just don't win these games.

The last time I was confident of regular away wins was under Colin Todd when we walked the league.
Well you might be right Nat, bloody Kachunga starts again!! Has he got something on Evatt because I just can’t see what he sees in him. Replaced after 70 minutes again after contributing zilch.

8MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 19:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

9MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 20:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Well you might be right Nat, bloody Kachunga starts again!! Has he got something on Evatt because I just can’t see what he sees in him. Replaced after 70 minutes again after contributing zilch.

Totally agree, I can't believe Kachunga gets picked ahead of our leading scorer from last season.

10MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 21:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Managed to watch most of it - cunningly having a fire in the back so they sat outside - but missed the pen.
Dire first 10 minutes of both halves but then the passing improved and we looked in control for the most part.
MKD comms said it was a poor performance from them, but I reckon we just dominated. Thomason was again excellent in midfield alongside MJ and whilst there are still many things to work on we were just too good for them
Loved the second goal - great cross and header.

Evatt definitely got it right with his selection. Great performance and great result.
Up to 5th.

11MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 21:49

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Not wishing to be picky after another good performance but that should have been 4 or 5 tonight but we just are so lacking up front. It’s not just the chances they have that they miss but the lack of a final killer ball and when is somebody actually going to shoot? There were numerous really good shooting chances again tonight but the players chose to pass instead and they were either blocked or inaccurate. It seems churlish to complain but despite completely outplaying MK tonight we still don’t have a goal from a forward from open play. Evatt needs to sort this because neither Kachunga or Bakajoko look to have a goal in them. We won, great but it was much harder than it should have been.

12MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 21:50

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Do people watch the same team as I do?

Mystic Meg Not

13MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 22:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Mystic Meg Not

You idiot, they won because of that post. Evans probably pinned it on the changing room wall to motivate the players.

14MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 22:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Despite looking about as likely to score as sluffy in a room full of wanderlusts, we managed to score twice. And a striker scored. But not Kachunga. It's a big night though.

Defended well, but the opposition were particularly poor. Imagine what we could achieve with a genuine goalscorer in the team though.

But with the fixtures to come, with the Portsmouth game cancelled, we should be looking at 15 points from the next 5 games.

15MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 22:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Despite looking about as likely to score as sluffy in a room full of wanderlusts...

Very Happy

The infatuation is actually the other way around and sadly for Wanderlust totally unrequited on my part!

Just to let him down easily here is the penalty goal he missed...

16MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 23:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks - but I was equally interested in how the penalty came about - but TBF it was well taken and Dion looks reliable.
That said, I agree with White that we still don't look like a strong attacking force but it's always a compromise between securing the defence  and attack so we have to look at the balance between the two - and given that we looked in control against this team, we have to say well done to Evatt for getting it right because at the end of the day we got the points.
Encouraging.

17MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 23:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Thanks - but I was equally interested in how the penalty came about - but TBF it was well taken and Dion looks reliable.
That said, I agree with White that we still don't look like a strong attacking force but it's always a compromise between securing the defence  and attack so we have to look at the balance between the two - and given that we looked in control against this team, we have to say well done to Evatt for getting it right because at the end of the day we got the points.
Encouraging.

You can see it here then (about 40 seconds in) -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 23:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks.

19MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 23:50

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy : "You can see it here then"

Lusty :  "Thanks"

cheers cheers

Is this the start of a big bromance?

Or is it more likely the most civil exchange you're ever likely to see between these 2.  :flog:

20MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Tue Sep 13 2022, 23:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:Sluffy : "You can see it here then"

Lusty :  "Thanks"

cheers cheers

Is this the start of a big bromance?

Or is it more likely the most civil exchange you're ever likely to see between these 2.  :flog:
HP: "let's see if I can stir up some shit" Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum