Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-1 MK Dons

+16
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
Barryjw
terenceanne
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Bwfc1958
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
Lever ender
Bollotom2014
scottjames30
observer
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Mon Jan 18 2016, 16:41

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Must win game along with Rotherham, win this and can we start to believe? FWIW, I can only see us drawing this game, in fact it's hard to see when our next win  will come.

0-0 Sleep Sleep

2Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Mon Jan 18 2016, 16:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2-0 win

3Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Mon Jan 18 2016, 16:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yet another chance for the manager to try something different from this clearly failing system. Doubt he will so I'll be surprised if we get the results we need from the next couple of games.

4Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Mon Jan 18 2016, 17:26

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Yet another chance for the manager to try something different from this clearly failing system. Doubt he will so I'll be surprised if we get the results we need from the next couple of games.
There has to be a couple of young players who want to show something to the senior players.  Obviously the senior players have lost their desire.  We need fighters on the pitch who can at least try hard.  Sheez.

5Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Mon Jan 18 2016, 17:31

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't care.

6Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Mon Jan 18 2016, 17:34

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Give the youngsters a go while we still have them. If they fail, so F***ing what? The seniors don't instil confidence.

7Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Mon Jan 18 2016, 21:25

Lever ender

Lever ender
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

1 nil win for the whites,Woolery 90th min off his arse.

8Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Mon Jan 18 2016, 22:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lever ender wrote:1 nil win for the whites,Woolery 90th min off his arse.
 we could do with a bit of luck  Very Happy Welcome aboard Lever Ender always nice to see new posters on here

9Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Mon Jan 18 2016, 22:48

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hi Lever, welcome. I wish I shared your optimism.

0-1 loss, I can't see us being up for this any more than we were against Forest. Sad

10Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Mon Jan 18 2016, 23:09

Lever ender

Lever ender
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Cheers, before every game this season I think this is our turning point 3 points today! Obviously never happens but has to sometime so why not Saturday?

Beating eastleigh tomorrow will hopefully give the team a boost.

11Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Mon Jan 18 2016, 23:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Woolery won't even get on until the 90th minute if the last few games are anything to go by. I mean why have pace when you can have carthorses? 

Interesting point in Iles' latest article that suggested that the club viewed the players as the most readily disposable asset i.e. flog the first team before we have to sell the hotel etc. If Woolery, Finney and the like are going to be our future, then why not give them experience at this level whilst they can get it?

If Lennon picks Ameobi who we know is leaving, I'll be gutted - unless he scores a hat trick.

12Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Tue Jan 19 2016, 09:20

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

wanderlust wrote:
 If Woolery, Finney and the like are going to be our future, then why not give them experience at this level whilst they can get it?
Couldn't agree more. Supporters would be happier and a bit more forgiving of it looked like Lennon was trying something new and I'm sure would back the youngsters to the point of relegation if that's what it comes to. I just can't understand why Neil's not prepared to give them a go. There must be a reason.

13Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Tue Jan 19 2016, 09:37

I honestly believe that Lennon's just marking time until he gets flirted.

Hence, he doesn't give a shit.

It looks like (as I've maintained all along) he was openly lied to by Gartside when he took the job and was told he'd have money to spend on players.

The "decent" thing would be to hold his hands up, say "Nah, not for me" and walk away.

But if he believes he's been hung out to dry and he knows the club can't afford to sack him, he's obviously happy to bide his time until any new owners take over and have to pay him off.

You can't blame him - he's not a Bolton fan and doesn't give a toss whether we go down or not because he knows he won't be here by then.

So he can either walk away with nothing now or he can tough it out for another month or so and then walk with a decent pay-off.

And anyway, we already know his moral compass doesn't work from the recent revelations about his personal life, so we shouldn't really expect the man to do the right thing.

So there won't be any experimentation with youth or genuine attempts to change things because he really doesn't care in my view and thanks to the way the club's been mismanaged by the owners, we're stuck with the clown.

14Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Tue Jan 19 2016, 11:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some of you talk some right old bollocks.

Of course Lennon gives a shit - every game we lose makes the next job he gets that bit worse. Yes he can point to the shambolic financial situation, but people outside of the club will point to the fact we have a squad that should be able to stay up. The team is underperforming big time, regardless of the finances.

As for this blood all the youngsters bollocks, it's clear they are no better than the shite already on the pitch - judging by recent under 21 results probably far, far worse. If a bloke can't turn it on against Blackpool kids in front of 3 men and a dog how the fuck is he going to turn it on in the Championship?

Lennon is a shit manager, at any other club not about to go under he'd have been fired a long time ago.

15Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Tue Jan 19 2016, 12:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm with Nat on this. I feel Lennon is hiding behind the clubs problems, because, quite simply, he's doing nothing with the team, and our performances are getting worse. Where are the game plans, never mind the helping of players during the game, etc .
I think we've given him enough leeway for him to pull his finger out and get the team doing much better than they are. Unfortunately, he's as anonymous as the bloody players now.

16Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Tue Jan 19 2016, 12:14

Natasha Whittam wrote:Some of you talk some right old bollocks.

Of course Lennon gives a shit - every game we lose makes the next job he gets that bit worse. Yes he can point to the shambolic financial situation, but people outside of the club will point to the fact we have a squad that should be able to stay up. The team is underperforming big time, regardless of the finances.

Utter shite, every word.

When he eventually does get potted, there will always be some knob, somewhere who will fall for the "Not my fault, they lied to me from the off" bollocks he'll spin and he'll blag a job.

Look at Freedman.

He presided over the club's worst two starts in over 100 years (consecutively), played awful football and had us rooted near the bottom of the table before throwing his hands up and saying "This lot are shit and unmanageable!" before we eventually binned him.

And then he walked straight into a well-paid job at Forest.

You talk poo.

17Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Tue Jan 19 2016, 14:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't get me wrong, there will always be a job out there for a failed manager. But that pot of potential clubs will be much smaller after recent results. It's a brave club in the top two divisions that takes on a manager who left a team bottom of the Championship.

Put it this way, he's never going to manage Leicester as was touted during his earlier Bolton days.

I'll ignore the poo comment, I know it's a self loathing thing.

18Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Tue Jan 19 2016, 14:35

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Don't get me wrong, there will always be a job out there for a failed manager. But that pot of potential clubs will be much smaller after recent results. It's a brave club in the top two divisions that takes on a manager who left a team bottom of the Championship.

Put it this way, he's never going to manage Leicester as was touted during his earlier Bolton days.

I'll ignore the poo comment, I know it's a self loathing thing.
Totally agree with this, a manager who has only managed 5 wins in 56 is not going to be top of any decent clubs list of options.

19Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Tue Jan 19 2016, 14:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Weirdly I disagree with both Bread and Nat - but on different bits.

I think Lennon does care and he wants to fight for survival and put out what he considers to be the best team every week. I just happen to think that it's not our best team or system.
He refuses to accept that some of the players he keeps picking will have to be sold - so he seems to be working on the principle of getting whatever he can out of them whilst they're here - with no thought for preparation for when they've gone - which will be almost half a season.

The reality is that for the second half of the season we are likely to have no choice but to fast track the kids. So every game he continues to play the has-beens is a lost opportunity for the new team to settle in.

Add to that the fact that the tactics he is currently employing have been proven to fail week on week and Lennon has the perfect opportunity to do something different - different players and different tactics.

There are lots things he could try e.g. Starting Feeney and Woolery up front as the two strikers to instantly give us enough pace to scare defences and ease pressure on our own defence.

He could play Derik - the guy he signed on a permanent deal - in front of the defence because he has decent distribution skills and would obviously make a far better defensive mid than CB or FB.

He could start to give Alex Finney a few cameo appearances because he'll be needed next year for sure.

And he can start to pack the bench with youngsters instead of overpaid underperformers and give the kids a clear message that they'll play if they're good enough.

Unless a miracle happens we'll be trying to survive with a younger and smaller squad for the rest of the season so relegation looks likely as things stand, but that's no reason not to take the opportunity to lay the foundations for the future - and we might even get some results for a change.

Lennon needs to learn that if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got - loss after loss in his case.

20Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Wed Jan 20 2016, 13:32

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Neil will have no choice soon enough as players continue to leave...... I believe Ameobi is gone after today and Heskey and possibly Madine injured now?  therefore he will be forced to play the kids at some point.
One thing that tickles me is that he unloaded Trotter on loan and then puts him right back into the team when he comes back.  scratch

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum