Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-1 MK Dons

+16
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
Barryjw
terenceanne
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Bwfc1958
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
Lever ender
Bollotom2014
scottjames30
observer
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Wed Jan 20 2016, 14:51

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

One thing I'd do is leave Rachubka in goal and start Woolery with Eaves in a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1. 

I know I said a dirty word (E*$es) but given how bad things are even he must be worth giving a go to.

22Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Wed Jan 20 2016, 15:40

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

luckyPeterpiper wrote:One thing I'd do is leave Rachubka in goal and start Woolery with Eaves in a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1. 

I know I said a dirty word (E*$es) but given how bad things are even he must be worth giving a go to.
I was under the impression that Eaves was in recovery from a long standing injury problem, hence why we have heard little about him. Is currently being given short appearances in the U21s to gain full fitness. While he is an alternative, maybe not yet.
Wilkinson with his attitude problems has recently been sent back from Barnsley is a possibility.Incidentally Eaves has had the attitude problem leveled at him in the past.

23Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Wed Jan 20 2016, 15:50

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Barryjw wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:One thing I'd do is leave Rachubka in goal and start Woolery with Eaves in a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1. 

I was under the impression that Eaves was in recovery from a long standing injury problem, hence why we have heard little about him. Is currently being given short appearances in the U21s to gain full fitness. While he is an alternative, maybe not yet.
Wilkinson with his attitude problems has recently been sent back from Barnsley is a possibility.Incidentally Eaves has had the attitude problem leveled at him in the past.
Injury problem, attitude problem, most importantly he must overcome the shit footballer problem. As for Wilkinson, I never thought he would ever be good enough and I haven't changed my mind. I would have kids like Samizadeh above those two at the moment.

24Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Wed Jan 20 2016, 16:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Barryjw wrote:

Injury problem, attitude problem, most importantly he must overcome the shit footballer problem. As for Wilkinson, I never thought he would ever be good enough and I haven't changed my mind. I would have kids like Samizadeh above those two at the moment.
I wouldn't throw all the kids in at once so I'd pair Woolery with Feeney as attackers so that we can counter quickly and keep defences pinned back with pace.
For the same reason I'd like to see Finney given a shot at the back so he can be blooded alongside more experienced CBs. Unfortunately Lennon more likely to play him at FB and move Holding over if Finney was ever given a chance.
One youngster who should be given a shot now is Derik - but as DM not CB IMO. The lad can pass and tackle a bit too and I reckon he has all the attributes to make a good DM. I say youngster - he's 22 now.

When's Clayton due back?

25Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Wed Jan 20 2016, 16:27

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When's Clayton due back?

Next season

26Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Wed Jan 20 2016, 16:37

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Barryjw wrote:

I am open to blooding youth with the likes of Woolery with his blistering pace (signed as a winger) will upset defenders, even Thomas who looks a decent finisher. Having seen all of our young talent I am not inclined to promote Samizadeh just yet as he is not ready for senior football. The old chestnut "If he's good enough he's old enough" doesn't quite apply here...........just yet!

27Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Wed Jan 20 2016, 16:41

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Barryjw wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
Barryjw wrote:

I am open to blooding youth with the likes of Woolery with his blistering pace (signed as a winger) will upset defenders, even Thomas who looks a decent finisher. Having seen all of our young talent I am not inclined to promote Samizadeh just yet as he is not ready for senior football. The old chestnut "If he's good enough he's old enough" doesn't quite apply here...........just yet!
Surely even at the stage he is at, he must be better than that clown Madine.

28Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Wed Jan 20 2016, 16:44

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've sort of come around to lusty's point of view on this. Several weeks ago he asked if playing the kids would be a bad idea and I said yes it would if they got battered every week because once someone gets used to losing it tends to stick. But now I think he was right, they can't possibly do any worse than the "senior" pros and because they're young it's likely they could bounce back from a few hammerings in this division and do well next season in L1 on the back of some real experience that they've been denied until now.

29Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Wed Jan 20 2016, 16:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The kids could do worse than the current first team. There, I've said it.

Yes, we're shit. But not every bad situation calls for us to throw the towel in and bring in a load of lads that haven't started shaving yet.

Maybe there's one or two worth giving a chance to. But I do despair when people talk like we could just bring in eleven under-20s and we'd be no worse off. Right now we're getting dicked regularly but occasionally look like grinding out a win. Bring in all the kids and we'll probably just get dicked every match.

30Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Wed Jan 20 2016, 17:01

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:The kids could do worse than the current first team. There, I've said it.

Yes, we're shit. But not every bad situation calls for us to throw the towel in and bring in a load of lads that haven't started shaving yet.

Maybe there's one or two worth giving a chance to. But I do despair when people talk like we could just bring in eleven under-20s and we'd be no worse off. Right now we're getting dicked regularly but occasionally look like grinding out a win. Bring in all the kids and we'll probably just get dicked every match.
I don't think anyone's saying change the whole eleven mate. But it's got to be obvious that some of our players are either not good enough or not interested enough to keep being picked right now. With Ameobi gone and Madine (apparently) injured Woolery would definitely be worth a shout and why not play some of the others? Personally I think it wouldn't hurt to shake things up a bit. If we don't do any better over three or four games then so be it, change it back but watching the same eleven go through the same dire motions and make the same mistakes every game got old a while ago don't you think?

31Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Wed Jan 20 2016, 17:06

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

doffcocker wrote:The kids could do worse than the current first team. There, I've said it.

One has only to look at the U18s and U21s results and tables which shows that they are not exactly pulling up trees.........even at a lower level.
Take the time and trouble to go to their games and see for yourselves

32Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Wed Jan 20 2016, 17:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I said this 4 days ago. You copycat.

Get your own material.

33Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Wed Jan 20 2016, 18:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thing is though, getting experience now will be invaluable next year in league one when they actually have to play first team football.

34Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Wed Jan 20 2016, 18:03

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Thing is though, getting experience now will be invaluable next year in league one when they actually have to play first team football.

Agreed, I don't think it's a case of changing them all but when Lennon opts to play Pratley on the wing why not put Woolery there instead?

35Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Thu Jan 21 2016, 10:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:

One has only to look at the U18s and U21s results and tables which shows that they are not exactly pulling up trees.........even at a lower level.
Take the time and trouble to go to their games and see for yourselves
You're missing the point. It's not a matter of whether they do worse or not, it's about giving them experience now that they'll need when we have to depend on them. And it's not about throwing them all in at once, it's about mixing them in with the senior players (whilst we've got them) to learn from their experience to begin with. It's called succession planning.

36Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Thu Jan 21 2016, 11:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just read Ameobi may even play against MKD. Oh well..

37Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Thu Jan 21 2016, 18:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Kevin Wright to oversee MK Dons meeting

Kevin Wright will officiate Bolton Wanderers’ maiden meeting with MK Dons at Macron Stadium on Saturday.

Making only his third visit to BL6 himself, Mr Wright last oversaw the Whites when they hosted Charlton Athletic last season as Adam Le Fondre netted a late equaliser to earn Bolton a share of the spoils.

So far this campaign the experienced Cambridgeshire-based official has taken charge of 21 matches, handing out 62 yellow cards and three red cards.

Steve Rushton and Joe Hull will run the line, while Darren Drysdale is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

38Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Fri Jan 22 2016, 12:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

60 Second Press Conference:

39Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Fri Jan 22 2016, 13:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I've sort of come around to lusty's point of view on this. Several weeks ago he asked if playing the kids would be a bad idea and I said yes it would if they got battered every week because once someone gets used to losing it tends to stick. But now I think he was right, they can't possibly do any worse than the "senior" pros and because they're young it's likely they could bounce back from a few hammerings in this division and do well next season in L1 on the back of some real experience that they've been denied until now.
There was a bit more to it than suggesting we throw the kids in Peter.

The point I was making was that IF we have to sell our senior players in the transfer window (talk of Clough , Vela, Mavies going) and we had to reduce the wage bill further we should fast track the kids (not all at once) so they can get the experience they'll need next year as we will have no choice but to play them then. 

However, this isn't likely to happen if the senior players aren't sold - at least whilst Lennon believes we have a chance of staying in the Championship because he will always opt for the senior players even if they are leaving next week like Ameobi.

If we beat MKD and Rotherham, I might change my mind about it as we'd have the beginnings of a comeback but if we lose to either of them Lennon needs to start forward planning IMO.

40Bolton 3-1 MK Dons - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons Fri Jan 22 2016, 20:35

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Easily the biggest match of the season so far, though I'm not getting too worked up about it as I'm sure none of the team are. I suspect Dervite's more worried about the milk in his fridge going sour than us losing to MK Dons.

I'm predicting a tight, boring match. Probably a draw.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum