Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MK Dons 0-2 Bolton

+8
wanderlust
Growler
okocha
terenceanne
Hip Priest
wessy
Whitesince63
Norpig
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:27 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I believe that you are right, Sluffy, and that there was an anti-Anderson network involving Holdsworth, Iles and the ST whose roots lay in the Beeno's anti-Davies and anti-Gartside stance. Sam Allardyce was linked-in too as evidenced by the unnecessary, erroneous and malevolent claims in his book.

But I suspect that there was more to Holdsworth joining forces with the ST and Iles solely in an anti-Anderson united front. I wouldn't expect Dean Holdsworth to put himself out without some personal  incentive but did someone owe him a favour for any reason, I wonder?

Think about it.

No sorry Bob, I don't know what you are hinting at.

I do remember the ST putting themselves forward as the 'preferred bidder', in competition to Holdworth (and his then partner at the time - pre-Ken Anderson) and to a great extent I always thought Holdsworth was more or less a front for Eddie to 'sell' the club on to because Holdsworth had no money and the BluMarble loan was set against BWFC assets, so clearly Eddie must have known that pre-sale, as to how the club would be funded immediately after takeover.

If so the apparent duplicitous actions taken by Holdsworth to charge £1m up front for his services would have presumably soured the relationship?

All water under the bridge now though and I have no idea why the high and mighty at the University of Bolton saw fit to honour him unless they to also erroneously (like Wanderlust) believed he really saved the club from oblivion???

42MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:44 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:We may indeed have got a reprieve from the winding up order as Bury FC did and we may well have still existed in some form or other without Holdsworth's vainglorious attempt to keep us going - and as you say, who knows who might have bought us. But that's not what actually happened.

As for the original 1885 Bury Football Club Company Ltd, they remain in administration under the ownership of Steve Dale and are in an ongoing dispute with Bury AFC and several other interest groups.

More to the point, the proposed answer to Bob's question lies in what the Unibol think, not me.

???

Going into Administration would have stopped the winding up order and not be a reprieve from it.

You asked this...

wanderlust wrote:An equally valid question is what would have happened to BWFC if Holdsworth/Sport Shield hadn't intervened?

Fact is, the winding up order was due to be heard and we were staring down the barrel with no hope of survival.

To which I answered that contingency had been taken by filing court papers to enter Administration if Holdsworth's consortium had collapsed prior to the Winding up hearing.

The safety net was already in place, and we simply would have survived in Administration if Spots Sheild had not gone on to buy us.

I know that isn't what happened, indeed you asked what would have happened if Holdsworth HAD NOT intervened and bought the club!!!

As for Bury, thank you for confirming what I already knew that it still exists to this day, but as the company is in Administration it is no longer under the ownership of Dale but that of the Administrator.

And finally as for this...

wanderlust wrote:More to the point, the proposed answer to Bob's question lies in what the Unibol think, not me.

I never said it was???

What I said in my post above was in response to what you had said earlier...

wanderlust wrote:I think Dean Holdsworth is a prick but I'm grateful for what he did.

Sluffy wrote:So no, Holdsworth's intervention certainly did not save us from oblivion at that point in time.

And therefore, your gratitude to him for saving the club is misplaced.

Last edited by Sluffy on Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

43MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:50 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

All water under the bridge now though and I have no idea why the high and mighty at the University of Bolton saw fit to honour him unless they to also erroneously (like Wanderlust) believed he really saved the club from oblivion???
Exactly.

44MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:53 pm

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Think about what activity Holdsworth was involved in outside of his interest in getting hold of BWFC and its hotel for nowt, Sluffy.

There were three Sports Shield companies and a website. All were recently formed and they weren't worth a bean until a large influx of cash came along in 2015/16.

All the money's gone now and the companies don't exist but where did this money come from? Was it all the result of his 50P investment. I'm not too sure about that.

Saving the club from oblivion? Nah, nah a thousand times nah.

45MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:58 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And here we go again.

Unsticky this thread and sticky the Peterborough thread you massive mod bellends.

46MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:59 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Think about what activity Holdsworth was involved in outside of his interest in getting hold of BWFC and its hotel for nowt, Sluffy.

There were three Sports Shield companies and a website. All were recently formed and they weren't worth a bean until a large influx of cash came along in 2015/16.

All the money's gone now and the companies don't exist but where did this money come from? Was it all the result of his 50P investment. I'm not too sure about that.
Sluffy did this to death before you were around Bob so rather than go over it all again, perhaps he could direct you to the relevant threads/archives?

47MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:05 pm

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:And here we go again.

Unsticky this thread and sticky the Peterborough thread you massive mod bellends.
Here we go again?

I don't think you'd know where to get off if somebody told you were to get off.

This is for grown ups.

48MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:13 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bob, you do like to dwell on the past.

Life is short, don't waste it banging on about things you can't change.

It's a lovely afternoon, take Lady Bobsworth out somewhere nice.

49MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:15 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Bob, you do like to dwell on the past.

Life is short, don't waste it banging on about things you can't change.

It's a lovely afternoon, take Lady Bobsworth out somewhere nice.
Buy her a nice pair of slippers. They're never out of fashion.

50MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:23 pm

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Buy her a nice pair of slippers. They're never out of fashion.

I'm sure you mean well and its a kind thought, Boncey, but I don't think, with respect, that Lady Bobsworth would thank me for buying her a pair of slippers.

I might find myself having to make my own tea for a few days.

51MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:24 pm

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy did this to death before you were around Bob so rather than go over it all again, perhaps he could direct you to the relevant threads/archives?

If it had been done to death you might have understood it better than you do, Lusty.

I'm not at all sure that you want to understand it.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

52MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Think about what activity Holdsworth was involved in outside of his interest in getting hold of BWFC and its hotel for nowt, Sluffy.

Saving the club from oblivion? Nah, nah a thousand times nah.

I'm sorry Bob, I must have forgotten, or never knew.

A quick look at their accounts shows that £420,250 was advanced to Sports Sheild Ltd by a related party transaction under common control and I guess that was paid to Sports Shield BWFC (was that the amount Anderson put into Sports Sheild in order to get majority control over BWFC to sort out the BluMarble mess?).

It's all history now, we have moved on to the mystery of what FV is all about!

53MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:18 pm

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

I'm sorry Bob, I must have forgotten, or never knew.

A quick look at their accounts shows that £420,250 was advanced to Sports Sheild Ltd by a related party transaction under common control and I guess that was paid to Sports Shield BWFC (was that the amount Anderson put into Sports Sheild in order to get majority control over BWFC to sort out the BluMarble mess?).

It's all history now, we have moved on to the mystery of what FV is all about!

The point I would make, Sluffy, is that Bolton supporters have been treated to years of unadulterated hogwash that large numbers seemed to believe without question. Its the fact that they still seem to be fed on blather and still seem to swallow it that make it relevant.

Following the money is tricky and too complex for most not least because several documents have proved to be incomplete or unreliable.

But the point I was making was why was Dean Holdsworth honoured by Unibol just over a year ago. Would it be because of someone who is still active in relation to BWFC who has put in a good word or two?

It doesn't really seem to be on merit, does it?

54MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:06 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:The point I would make, Sluffy, is that Bolton supporters have been treated to years of unadulterated hogwash that large numbers seemed to believe without question. Its the fact that they still seem to be fed on blather and still seem to swallow it that make it relevant.

Following the money is tricky and too complex for most not least because several documents have proved to be incomplete or unreliable.

But the point I was making was why was Dean Holdsworth honoured by Unibol just over a year ago. Would it be because of someone who is still active in relation to BWFC who has put in a good word or two?

It doesn't really seem to be on merit, does it?

I would have honoured him that is for sure but who knows how the high and mighty and the University think?

Iirc didn't his citation make no mention of ever being involved with BWFC so I wouldn't think that was an element in their decision making.  Also didn't they also honour some random and obscure TV actor at the same time?

My thinking fwiw is that it is the University in some way they are getting a benefit to them in some way rather than the other way around of honouring those they think worthy - maybe you can purchase an honour from them perhaps, I don't know?

As for who is still connected to BWFC (or at least at the time of the 'award') I don't know who that could be - they would also have to have some sway over the awarding panel to achieve something like that.

Who knows, who cares, I can't see Holdsworth gaining much from being honored (I don't even think the Bolton News even reported on it) and what good as it done the University?

According to this league table it shows Bolton University being ranked 124th out of a total of 130 universities - not very good really is it if so!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

55MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:10 pm

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

I would not have honoured him that is for sure but who knows how the high and mighty and the University think?

Iirc didn't his citation make no mention of ever being involved with BWFC so I wouldn't think that was an element in their decision making.  Also didn't they also honour some random and obscure TV actor at the same time?

My thinking fwiw is that it is the University in some way they are getting a benefit to them in some way rather than the other way around of honouring those they think worthy - maybe you can purchase an honour from them perhaps, I don't know?

As for who is still connected to BWFC (or at least at the time of the 'award') I don't know who that could be - they would also have to have some sway over the awarding panel to achieve something like that.

Who knows, who cares, I can't see Holdsworth gaining much from being honored (I don't even think the Bolton News even reported on it) and what good as it done the University?

According to this league table it shows Bolton University being ranked 124th out of a total of 130 universities - not very good really is it if so!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I suspect somebody connected with the ST may have promoted this, Sluffy, with the intention of returning some favour by getting Holdsworth unwarranted kudos. I doubt there was much of intrinsic value to anyone but the fact that something so unmerited went through so easily may tell you something about the University’s practices more than it does about anything else.

Sports Shield Investments, for the short time it seemed to be in business, was operating in an unregulated area of financial ‘advice’.

56MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:52 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Any kind of honours system is bent. I pay them no heed.

57MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:04 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Do you still want us to go ahead with Sunday's announcement as to your award as Nuts Poster of the Season for 2021/22 or do you want us to refund the £100 you sent?

58MK Dons 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: MK Dons 0-2 Bolton Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:16 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Do you still want us to go ahead with Sunday's announcement as to your award as Nuts Poster of the Season for 2021/22 or do you want us to refund the £100 you sent?
Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum