Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Bullshit Papers

+6
karlypants
Norpig
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
boltonbonce
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

181The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Sep 12 2022, 12:32

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Tries hard, but Andrex will always have the edge in my book.
You must be loaded, Boncey. Luxury loo roll, Carr’s pasties  and Service My Car footie shirts!
What do you do with your copies of the Grauniad after reading David Conn’s bullshit?

182The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Sep 12 2022, 13:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
You must be loaded, Boncey. Luxury loo roll, Carr’s pasties  and Service My Car footie shirts!
What do you do with your copies of the Grauniad after reading David Conn’s bullshit?
He's constructing a life-size origami Unibol stadium in the lower meadow.

183The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Wed Sep 28 2022, 08:31

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Allardici told Ilesy
"That's the thing to do
I am more than ready
To pull the wool with you"
Wooly bully
Wooly bully

Nobody does bullshit quite like Sam the Sham but Red Nev does try hard.
Here's Bob's nomination for Bullshit of the Week:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/26/gary-neville-matt-hancock-inspired-me-to-get-involved-in-labour-politics

184The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Oct 31 2022, 08:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolute classic from the Daily Fail.

The Daily Mail’s dependability for reputable, well-sourced journalism took another hit this weekend after the newspaper quoted a parody account in an article about sewage dumping at UK beaches.
Raw sewage was reportedly released at a Cornish beach on Sunday, turning the idyllic turquoise water brown.
Instances of sewage dumping have gone up dramatically since Brexit, with Boris Johnson’s father Stanley saying Britain faces “a long slog” now that he doesn’t have “the backing which the EU framework gave”.
Johnson recalled how “Britain was known as the dirty man of Europe” before it joined what is now known as the European Union in 1973 – due to the lack of statistical measurement of water quality at UK beaches.
He told LBC that European regulations during that period “transformed the quality of bathing water around the whole of Europe” and the UK “really did get a cleanup”.
Reporting on the latest discharge in Cornwall, the Daily Mail chose to quote Sir Michael Take (Mickey Take) in their coverage after he posted these comments on social media.

185The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Oct 31 2022, 09:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Absolute classic from the Daily Fail.

More like absolute classic from the resident mentalist Tory hater who believes EVERYTHING he reads on social media to be true as long as it fits in with his hatred.

THIS is the article from the Mail AND the story is TRUE - BUT IN RESPECT OF STORM OVERFLOWS and gives the reasons why it happened...

A South West Water spokesperson said: 'This year the South West has seen the dramatic changes in weather patterns presented by climate change, as demonstrated in August when the region was declared in Drought.

'Through these changes we are now experiencing more extreme weather patterns than ever before and this year the South West saw one of the driest and hottest years on record.

'As well as prolonged periods of extremely hot weather, we have seen heavy localised rainfall which hasn't been able to permeate into the dry ground, meaning significant volumes run into our network, which can cause our storm overflows to trigger.

'Following heavy, localised rainfall this morning (Sunday 30 October), a permitted storm overflow triggered at Trevaunance Cove in St Agnes, Cornwall.

'Storm overflows are designed to release excess storm water into rivers and seas when a prolonged rainfall occurs to prevent the risk of sewage backing up and flooding homes and public spaces by allowing a controlled release.

'We continue to increase investment in the region's infrastructure as part of our continued commitment to protecting and enhancing the natural environment.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11371005/Turquoise-sea-turns-BROWN-raw-sewage-pumped-water-beautiful-Cornish-coastline.html

186The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Oct 31 2022, 09:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

More like absolute classic from the resident mentalist Tory hater who believes EVERYTHING he reads on social media to be true as long as it fits in with his hatred.

THIS is the article from the Mail AND the story is TRUE - BUT IN RESPECT OF STORM OVERFLOWS and gives the reasons why it happened...

A South West Water spokesperson said: 'This year the South West has seen the dramatic changes in weather patterns presented by climate change, as demonstrated in August when the region was declared in Drought.

'Through these changes we are now experiencing more extreme weather patterns than ever before and this year the South West saw one of the driest and hottest years on record.

'As well as prolonged periods of extremely hot weather, we have seen heavy localised rainfall which hasn't been able to permeate into the dry ground, meaning significant volumes run into our network, which can cause our storm overflows to trigger.

'Following heavy, localised rainfall this morning (Sunday 30 October), a permitted storm overflow triggered at Trevaunance Cove in St Agnes, Cornwall.

'Storm overflows are designed to release excess storm water into rivers and seas when a prolonged rainfall occurs to prevent the risk of sewage backing up and flooding homes and public spaces by allowing a controlled release.

'We continue to increase investment in the region's infrastructure as part of our continued commitment to protecting and enhancing the natural environment.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11371005/Turquoise-sea-turns-BROWN-raw-sewage-pumped-water-beautiful-Cornish-coastline.html
How desperate are you?

By Elizabeth Haigh For Mailonline
Published: 17:58, 30 October 2022   | Updated: 20:43, 30 October 2022

...updated after social media called them out.

Here's the original just for the insecure resident mentalist Wanderlust hater....

Smile

187The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Oct 31 2022, 10:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:How desperate are you?

By Elizabeth Haigh For Mailonline
Published: 17:58, 30 October 2022   | Updated: 20:43, 30 October 2022

...updated after social media called them out.

Here's the original just for the insecure resident mentalist Wanderlust hater...Smile

I'm not desperate or insecure at all, nor do I hate you, no matter what you may think.

As I clearly pointed out, the story IS TRUE and for the reasons given.

The Mail attached comments from several social media posters including from the fake account who all believed the discharge was done deliberately - it wasn't.

The story was updated in regards to the South West Water spokesperson's explanation and also to remove the fake social media post.

You however have focussed entirely on the fake account simply because you hate the Daily Mail because it is a pro-Tory newspaper.

The fact is that you hate ALL THINGS Tory - we all know you do.

188The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Oct 31 2022, 10:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll just pop you back in here while you have a little think about why you feel the need to prove everyone - wrong about everything.....

The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 R.21a3f2bfd5f21332b0448bdf6b8034ac?rik=M1jBJU5%2ffVaofA&riu=http%3a%2f%2fseanwes.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2015%2f03%2fbox

189The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Oct 31 2022, 10:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Maybe you would be better to check out the truth of things before you post considering that even you must realise by now how prejudicial and one-eyed you are in respect to your unhinged hatred towards anything Tory or related to it.

And if you hadn't realised by now that most of what you read on social media is mostly bollocks or fake news, then more the fool you for believing it implicitly, as you always do!

Have a nice day.

190The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Tue Nov 01 2022, 01:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interestingly the story about the pollution was on the ITV news - but there was no reference to the story I posted earlier about the Daily Fail justifying the pollution and quoting Mickey Take before changing their story after they were outed.
I guess it's not their role to comment on their media colleagues.

191The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Tue Nov 01 2022, 07:42

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Nope. Still nowt in the Grauniad about the anti-woke Chief Constable turning Greater Manchester Police into the most improved police force in the country.

Its what you might call invisible bullshit but how did it get so bad in the first place is the Burnham question?

192The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Tue Nov 01 2022, 10:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There was an excellent interview with Matthew Syed this morning. He's released a new book which addresses the issue of how young people in particular are less able to "agree to disagree and remain friends" inasmuch that whilst they are "empowered" to feel more confident about e.g. their gender identity or political stance, they are not taught to consider different opinions. He argues that young people are not being prepared emotionally to handle alternative opinions and perspectives - which they will have to when they enter the world of work for example.
And discussing and analysing multiple perspectives is the founding principle of a liberal society and is also underpins how great decisions, inventions and societal advancement is arrived at - and without them, legitimate concerns are no longer heard.
For example if an interviewer asks an awkward question about e.g. immigration, he/she might be branded a racist (or a Tory hater Smile ) and enabled by social media, other people will jump on to that bandwagon. In this example, the accuser is attacking the proposer and crucially, not the argument they are making.
Opinions are becoming like personal popularity contest in a nursery school playground where they are approved or discounted for "sheep" reasons other than the logic behind those opinions.
Syed makes a cogent argument to the effect that the way things are going, society will lose a key driver to success as we become increasingly less liberal and open to consider different perspectives.

193The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Tue Nov 01 2022, 12:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I could have told you that ten years ago based on how people behave on the internet - and that includes you.

You only have to look at the abuse I faced on here when I told you factually that Anderson had not done anything illegal in the running of the club - how many of you jumped on the 'hate Anderson' bandwagon instead?  

All of you.

Similar happened when I told you factually that there would be no corruption found of any Tory MP in the awarding PPE contracts as they are simply not involved in the awarding process - how many of you jumped on the 'hate Tory' band waggon and believed there was?

All of you.

Wanderlust has it in his thick head that I 'attack' his 'opinions' - I don't.

I simply state that he is FACTUALLY wrong in his 'opinions' and refer him to where he can check things out for himself.

Instead, what happens on here is that he being a poster more 'popular' than I am - his 'opinions' must be supported and my 'factual statements and links to further reading' ignored!

Internet popularity decides who is right and who is wrong and not the actual facts!!!

To be fair most people now don't automatically jump on the Wanderlust bandwagon evert time - but a few still do.

I couldn't give a toss for being popular on here, I don't post to seek 'internet friends' - I'm not insecure enough to to desire any or validation from anyone - I post simply because I KNOW the 'opinions' being made by the likes of Wanderlust (and plenty others) are simply wrong and you are all going down the wrong path entirely.

I'm surprised in the least that society is becoming less tolerant of others views and opinions - I see it everywhere since social media took off some fifteen or so years ago.

People simply follow like sheep any random poster/influencer who says the things they want to hear - for example Iles with the hatred of Anderson and Maugham with the cronyism and corruption of the Tory Party.  

On a much smaller case we have Wanderlust leading the hatred of the Tory Party on here with the likes of Hip Priest and Wessy happy to believe what he posts every time and take potshots at me because my 'facts' don't fit in with their beliefs of what they imagine is going on.

Everything Tory is bad in their eyes also.

It is what it is, that is how the world has involved.

I can't do anything about it, and only post on here for fun and to try and help people - but many simply don't want to be helped and prefer to live with their prejudices instead.

It isn't just the young who are less able to disagree and remain friends - it is most people who now spend a big chunk of their lifes on social media and believe implicitly what the read on it IF it fits in with their own existing prejudices.

People have always been sheep though, they will follow anyone good or bad as long as all their mates are doing so too.

194The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Wed Nov 02 2022, 00:16

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:"I can't do anything about it, and only post on here for fun and to try and help people - but many simply don't want to be helped and prefer to live with their prejudices instead."

Taken from the Book of Sluffy, Ch.87  vs.203

You're so selfless Sluffy mate. With your continued help, one day we could all become intellectually superior beings just like you. Able to effortlessly prove that we are always right about completely bloody everything, all the time.

195The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Wed Nov 02 2022, 01:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hip Priest wrote:
Sluffy wrote: "I can't do anything about it, and only post on here for fun and to try and help people - but many simply don't want to be helped and prefer to live with their prejudices instead."

Taken from the Book of Sluffy, Ch.87  vs.203

You're so selfless Sluffy mate. With your continued help, one day we could all become intellectually superior beings just like you. Able to effortlessly prove that we are always right about completely bloody everything, all the time.

Sluffy wrote: On a much smaller case we have Wanderlust leading the hatred of the Tory Party on here with the likes of Hip Priest and Wessy happy to believe what he posts every time and take potshots at me because my 'facts' don't fit in with their beliefs of what they imagine is going on.

Internet popularity decides who is right and who is wrong and not the actual facts!!!

Q.E.D.

Q.E.D. meaning

Definition. Latin abbreviation for quod erat demonstrandum: "Which was to be demonstrated." Q.E.D. may appear at the conclusion of a text to signify that the author's overall argument has just been proven.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/qed#:~:text=Definition,argument%20has%20just%20been%20proven.

196The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Wed Nov 02 2022, 09:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Wanderlust has it in his thick head that I 'attack' his 'opinions' - I don't.
True. You insult our intelligence by stating something unrelated and claiming it proves your point as a justification for making personal insults.

Perhaps you have taken my thoughts on Evatt's team selection as a personal attack on your silence over Brexit's failures? :rofl:

Wasn't me guv - it was the (on topic) Financial Times.....

197The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Wed Nov 02 2022, 10:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Mate, do you even know yourself what you are talking about?

I've stated numerous times Brexit has been shit.

What you somehow can't grasp, or maybe refuse to accept, is that no matter how shit it is we can't do anything about it - it has happened!

We simply had to make the best of a bad job from that point on.

You clearly can't let things go and move on with your life as you harp on about it daily, even several times daily at that.

That's not the signs or actions of a well person - you clearly have issues that you can't deal with and if so you really need to seek help with them.

It isn't intelligent, no matter what you clearly think, to continually moan and vent your hatred about things you don't like - as that solves absolutely nothing.

If your post above is meant in some way to support Hip Preist, then in fact it clearly doesn't do that at all.

To Janet and John things for you yet again, what I said was that people such as Hip Priest 'take sides' on social media and he clearly favours you simply because you both hate the Torries.  

He (and a few others on here) therefore look to attempt to ridicule and abuse me by having a pop at me whenever they can, their 'social media' logic - and yours too - being that if they disagree with me strongly on one topic held dear to them, then I'm fair game to be 'attacked' on anything else I say irrespective if it was on that topic or something else.

Akin to this which you wrote above...

...the accuser is attacking the proposer and crucially, not the argument they are making.

...in this instance Hip Priest is attacking me on a personal level and not the 'argument' (point) that I was making (which had nothing to do with the Tory Party).

In other words, it has transformed and moved on from a debate on a specific subject (the Tory government) to personal attacks on me on anything and everything.

And before you erroneously claim that I do exactly the same think to you, I don't.

I simply post the facts to your fake news and laugh at you when you try your best to wriggle out by any means you can think of, not to admit that you had got it wrong once again.

Other than that, have a nice day.

198The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Thu Nov 03 2022, 01:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You think Brexit is shit, I think Brexit is shit, the vast majority of British people think Brexit is shit and 57% of them think it is so shit we should rejoin the EU even though there will be a price.
So why are you bothered about me posting about it?
Somebody has to discuss it  because apparently it is forbidden to do so in Whitehall and the populist media and when somebody does - like the FT article above - it's news.

And please don't bang on yet again about "the nation voted for it" because we know that and my God we're paying for it - however it doesn't mean we're stuck with it forever so your standard diatribe is as irrelevant as it is boring.

199The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Thu Nov 03 2022, 07:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:You think Brexit is shit, I think Brexit is shit, the vast majority of British people think Brexit is shit and 57% of them think it is so shit we should rejoin the EU even though there will be a price.
So why are you bothered about me posting about it?
Somebody has to discuss it  because apparently it is forbidden to do so in Whitehall and the populist media and when somebody does - like the FT article above - it's news.

And please don't bang on yet again about "the nation voted for it" because we know that and my God we're paying for it - however it doesn't mean we're stuck with it forever so your standard diatribe is as irrelevant as it is boring.

You really, really are an obsessive and total mentalist who has lost all grasp of reality.

There are TWO elements to joining the EU, the will of the UK public AND the acceptance by ALL 27 separate EU states.

Hungary under Orban (who are/is closely aligned to Russia) will never vote for us - so your desire to return to the EU is dead in the water already at that point and that's even before we get to see if France really wants us to return (I very much doubt they do - hence why they are pushing the 'non members' group (or whatever it is called) for us to be a part of).  It simply isn't in France's political interests to have us as a member with power within the EU again.

Don't forget that the EU hasn't been politically or economically damaged by us leaving, they are not urgently desiring to see us return, there will also be a strong view withing the EU itself that they simply don't want us back - and why should they - we caused the most troubles to them when we were a member don't forget.

As for the UK, there is absolutely no political desire from any party to return to the EU.  The General Election is just two years away and no party (including Labour) are looking to include it in their manifestos - not even suggesting holding a new referendum - which the country will be obliged to hold as no party will be daft enough to return to the EU without having a clear and specific mandate from the public.

There are still enough of people who will vote for Brexit (don't forget YOU DID) and against rejoining the EU in any future General Elections for a generation, which translates into lost seats at election times.

It is simply NOT GOING TO HAPPEN anytime soon if at all.

That is the REALITY of the situation.

You are in total denial.

Do you really believe the stuff you write???

wanderlust wrote: Somebody has to discuss it because apparently it is forbidden to do so in Whitehall and the populist media...

I guess you must do.

Do you not ask yourself why then it isn't being discussed by Labour or the left-wing national press where it clearly isn't forbidden to talk about it?

You have become obsessive and ill over all of this and that's why you bang on about it ceaselessly ever since it happened.

You are mentally unable to accept all this because you feel cheated as you told us all in your post about all this on ww.

You need to seek help for your own good.

You really, really do.

200The Bullshit Papers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Thu Nov 03 2022, 09:02

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Can we please have some proper Bullshit Papers news

I found this for you this morning.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/dale-vince-calls-sale-stroud-7766720

Its hard to know where to start but Andy Burnham's apparently 'the King of the North', Vinny's not selling Egotricity (nobody wants to buy it more like) and he's now setting his sights on the North West.

You heard it here first

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum