Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Whitesince63
Hipster_nebula1
karlypants
wanderlust
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
Hip Priest
okocha
finlaymcdanger
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 44 of 50]

861How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 16:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

class="twitter-tweet">

Alastair Campbell
- One of the reasons why the brexiteers were so keen on brexit was
because the European Union was about to bring in moves against tax
avoidance... & that's one of the reasons why Rishi Sunak
fought so hard for brexit... href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BBCBreakfast?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BBCBreakfast
href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KayBurley?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KayBurley
href="https://t.co/kSt2aTi6bm">pic.twitter.com/kSt2aTi6bm

Haggis_UK 🇬🇧 🇪🇺 (@Haggis_UK) href="https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1513786724853366790?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April
12, 2022
charset="utf-8">

862How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 16:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

HTML code entry not working?

863How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 16:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

864How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 16:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:HTML code entry not working?

I've been trying to fix this for you but for some reason I also had issues.

Once you have copied the twitter code, just paste it in the reply box and post.

865How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 16:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did mate but it went weird Smile

I know it's Campbell but he does make an interesting point at the end.

866How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 17:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The absolute state of these two...

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 3500

867How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 17:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is that you in the barrel on the left KP?

868How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 17:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Is that you in the barrel on the left KP?
I see where you are coming from there but it looks more like Rishis secret fleshlight. Very Happy

869How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 17:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:It all seems too convenient that Sue Grey has published this now while there are other distractions now going on with the cost of living crisis and the Ukraine war.

Time for them to go.

She's not published her report, in fact I believe (I might be wrong?) that the police inquiry is still ongoing.

Her report won't be published until the police have finished doing what they are doing on the matter.

870How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 18:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:It all seems too convenient that Sue Grey has published this now while there are other distractions now going on with the cost of living crisis and the Ukraine war.

Time for them to go.

She's not published her report, in fact I believe (I might be wrong?) that the police inquiry is still ongoing.

Her report won't be published until the police have finished doing what they are doing on the matter.
It looks like I jumped the gun as I got the impression from your post above due to rishi and Boris receiving the party fines.

871How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 18:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:What with the photographs, witness statements etc all in the public domain there was no other possible verdict but with the extensive use of delaying and obfustication tactics I'm wondering to what extent this sorry saga has been sidelined from the public concern.

No doubt we'll be hearing from apologist dickheads coming out with "well there's a war on so they can't resign now can they?". Haven't seen the Red Army marching down our street yet but it's obviously relevant to some people.

A very sad thing the invasion of Ukraine, but it does detract from the fact that our own country is in the middle of an economic Brexit-fuelled crisis exacerbated by the mismanagement of a bunch of incompetent hypocrites.

I think it's shameful that anyone could use other people's pain to try to mask the very real problems we increasingly face at home. Two completely separate issues but at least the spotlight will be back on the government for a day or two before the next distraction/excuse.

Well done for managing to squeeze in your Brexit hatred into almost everything and anything!!!

Rolling Eyes

872How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 18:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Time for them to go.

It looks like I jumped the gun as I got the impression from your post above due to rishi and Boris receiving the party fines.

No, what I was saying was that Sue Grey uncovered the evidence of what was lawbreaking and quite clearly didn't hide or bury it as loons like Wanderlust confidently screamed out that she would and all all this would be a massive cover up by her.

He was clearly and absolutely wrong.

(Once again!).

She presented her findings to the police and they've followed up on it (some like Wanderlust even believed the police would turn a blind eye to it as well).

They didn't!

My shout out was for the public 'servants' such as Sue Gray, who contrary to the beliefs and 'know all' from cranks like Wanderlust, do the right things at the right times because we are honest and we keep the system honest as well.

Long will it remain so too.

873How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 19:52

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I’ll be the first “apologist dickhead” to say with the war in Ukraine and other serious issues, now is not the time to consider changing the two most senior and important individuals in our government. Only an idiot would do that Lusty. 🤪

874How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 20:34

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have changed prime minister several times during a crisis/war

https://www.gov.uk/government/history/past-prime-ministers

Boxer Rebellion ended 1901
Anglo-Aro War 1901–1902
Second Boer War ended 1902
World War I 1914–1918
Easter Rising 1916
Third Anglo Marri War 1917
Third Afghan War 1919
Irish War of Independence 1919–1921
World War II 1939–1945
Greek civil war 1946-47
Malayan Emergency 1948–1960
Korean War 1950–1953
Mau Mau Uprising 1952–1960
Cypriot Independence 1955–1959
Suez Crisis 1956–1957
Brunei Revolt 1962–1966
Indonesia–Malaysia confrontation 1962-1966
Dhofar Rebellion 1962–1975
Aden Emergency 1963–1967
The Troubles 1968–1998
Operation Banner 1969–2007
Falklands War 1982
Gulf War 1990–1991
Yugoslav wars 1991–2001
Bosnian War 1992–1995
Kosovo War 1998–1999

875How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 20:54

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

From BBC webpage  this evening:
Boris Johnson's fine is over a party held at No 10 to celebrate his 56th birthday on 19 June 2020, when indoor gatherings of more than two people were banned.
"There was a brief gathering in the Cabinet Room shortly after 2pm, lasting less than 10 minutes, during which people I worked with passed on their good wishes," he said this evening.
Three months before that birthday, in the early days of the pandemic, the PM was sent a letter by a girl named Josephine who wanted to let him know she was postponing her seventh birthday party and "staying at home because you asked us to".
Johnson wrote back to Josephine saying: "We have all got to do our bit to protect the NHS and save lives and that is exactly what you are doing, so well done."
The prime minister tweeted both letters at the time, adding: "Josephine sets a great example to us all by postponing her birthday party until we have sent coronavirus packing."

876How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 21:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Presumably he'll be getting more fines for the other parties he attended but didn't realise he was doing anything wrong at.

Surely this is just the first of several?

877How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 21:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:I’ll be the first “apologist dickhead” to say with the war in Ukraine and other serious issues, now is not the time to consider changing the two most senior and important individuals in our government. Only an idiot would do that Lusty. 🤪
It's exactly the right time  White. The country is going to pot and Johnson is gallavanting off for a PR stunt in Ukraine whilst Sunak is hiding in a dark room with his personal photographer.

At least they can't f*** things up any more whilst they're missing in action.

878How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 21:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:I’ll be the first “apologist dickhead” to say with the war in Ukraine and other serious issues, now is not the time to consider changing the two most senior and important individuals in our government. Only an idiot would do that Lusty. 🤪
It's exactly the right time  White. The country is going to pot and Johnson is gallavanting off for a PR stunt in Ukraine whilst Sunak is hiding in a dark room with his personal photographer.

At least they can't f*** things up any more whilst they're missing in action.
Completely agree.

879How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 22:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:We have changed prime minister several times during a crisis/war

https://www.gov.uk/government/history/past-prime-ministers

Boxer Rebellion ended 1901
Anglo-Aro War 1901–1902
Second Boer War ended 1902
World War I 1914–1918
Easter Rising 1916
Third Anglo Marri War 1917
Third Afghan War 1919
Irish War of Independence 1919–1921
World War II 1939–1945
Greek civil war 1946-47
Malayan Emergency 1948–1960
Korean War 1950–1953
Mau Mau Uprising 1952–1960
Cypriot Independence 1955–1959
Suez Crisis 1956–1957
Brunei Revolt 1962–1966
Indonesia–Malaysia confrontation 1962-1966
Dhofar Rebellion 1962–1975
Aden Emergency 1963–1967
The Troubles 1968–1998
Operation Banner 1969–2007
Falklands War 1982
Gulf War 1990–1991
Yugoslav wars 1991–2001
Bosnian War 1992–1995
Kosovo War 1998–1999

I assume you got the list of wars from off social media because quite frankly it is a complete load of bollocks!

For instance the Falklands War was 1982 but the nearest General Election to it was in 1983.  Thatcher was in power from May 79, to Nov 90..

The Easter Rising lasted for just 5 days between 24th to 29th April, 2016.  Herbert Asquith was in power from April 1908 to December 1916.

The Irish War of Independence was from Jan 1919 to July 1921.  David Lloyd George was in power from December 1916 to November 1922.

'The Troubles' isn't even classed as a conventional war!  

There's much wrong with this that it is mostly fake or misleading news and should be treated as such.

Remember me keep saying don't believe anything you read on social media as gospel without checking it out for yourself first...

880How is the Tory government doing? - Page 44 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12 2022, 23:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ros Atkins on… Boris Johnson’s lockdown party fine

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 44 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum