Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Whitesince63
Hipster_nebula1
karlypants
wanderlust
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
Hip Priest
okocha
finlaymcdanger
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 46 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 43 of 50]

841How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:46 am

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:On the "optics" front, Sunak has finally admitted that he himself was registered as non-dom before he went into politics. Not clear whether he claimed to be Indian or American beforehand - but he must have realised it wouldn't play well with the electorate otherwise he wouldn't have changed it.

Entirely legal of course, but doesn't look great for a self-proclaimed foreigner to be the one to raise more taxes on the entire country than any Chancellor since Adam was a lad - and is set to raise them even further to pay for his borrowing excesses.

Wondering if the "optics" will be his demise? His "popularity score" has apparently reached MINUS 18 according to the Express.
No question that it’s damaging for him Lusty, in fact it could be terminal for his chances of making PM. To be honest he’d never have been my pick and I doubt in any election by members he’d have come out top anyway, despite his earlier poll ratings but I do rate him as a politician and feel it would be a huge loss to both the Tory’s and the country if he decided to leave politics over this. He’s young, he has chance to come again but he may feel after all this and the strain on his family that there’s an easier way to live life, possibly back to California and I for one wouldn’t blame him.

842How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:33 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another Tory MP goes down in a blaze of scandal as Imran Ahmad Khan is found guilty of sexually assaulting a 15 year old boy and is suspended from the party.
In a separate incident another man woke up to find Khan "performing a sexual act on him" after they had been drinking whisky and smoking weed.

Unsurprisingly, Khan attempted to have his case heard in secrecy.
Story here.

843How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:57 am

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That could just as easily have been a Labour, SNP or Lib Dem MP Lusty, it has nothing to do with the Tory government, which is the point of this thread. That said, I’m totally disenchanted with our current one. Not individuals so much, more what they’re doing collectively. Having trashed so many of their manifesto promises on which we voted as well as their inept attempts to take advantage of the Brexit opportunities, I feel many Tory members and voters will have to think deep about whether to support them at the next election. Increasing NI, VAT and especially their complete disregard for those on benefits and pensions with a miserly 3.1% increase after ditching the triple lock, when they knew perfectly well, even before Ukraine, that inflation would hit 6-8%. In fairness to Starmer he really is saying most of the right things at the moment. His recent call for stronger injunctions against These idiot climate protesters won’t go unnoticed and if he keeps on that path, who knows what may happen in 2024? Labour are still a way off electable but with the Tories doing their best to discourage voters, things can change quickly!! 😵💫

844How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:05 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now it emerges that Sunak's wife's company Infosys was a major beneficiary of the 2021 UK/India trade deal. Is that sleaze or cronyism? - I'm losing track.

Anyhow, it turns out that Lord Geidt, the Tory sleaze adviser who was appointed to "investigate" Sunak (on Sunak's request) is actually the guy who approved Sunak's US green card and his wife's non-dom status only last year!

How thick do they think we are?

845How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:20 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These cunts need to go.

846How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:27 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Now, I wonder what it could possibly be that made Crispin change his tune.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61077747

Is there any limit to how low our ministers will sink? 

They constantly reveal their true colours and then think that they can save their careers with a tame, blatantly insincere apology.

And now 30 more lockdown fines....

847How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:49 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breaking news it that BoJo and Sunak have been fined as part of the lockdown parties enquiry. Surely they must both step down now?

848How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:52 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Surely they must both step down now?
Absolutely no chance - at least not for this.

Their hypocrisy is there for all to see, but it won't change a thing.

849How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:56 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Breaking news it that BoJo and Sunak have been fined as part of the lockdown parties enquiry. Surely they must both step down now?

If they were honourable men they would step down, but it's highly unlikely.

It'll be fun to watch Boris squirm though.

850How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:37 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Breaking news it that BoJo and Sunak have been fined as part of the lockdown parties enquiry. Surely they must both step down now?

In normal times then yes they certainly should.

However is in the middle of a war the right time to do it?

Do we really want a leadership election and no one in control until that's decided?

Is Liz Truss who is probably the favourite right now, who we want to head the country at this time?

Breaking news as I type Carrie has also received a lockdown fine.

851How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:47 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just thought I'd give a shout out to Sue Gray.

She's the one who gathered all the details and submitted them all to the police for them to take action.

As I said would be the case.

Tell me again Wanderlust how public 'servants' are just that, only there to do what our political 'masters' tell us what to do, or what to write...

You really are an self opinionated, obnoxious, bitter and twisted muppet.

Obviously learned a great deal about how government truly works based on your little job at the NON GOVERNMENT organisation you say you worked for...

Rolling Eyes

852How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:03 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Do we really want a leadership election and no one in control until that's decided?

Is Liz Truss who is probably the favourite right now, who we want to head the country at this time?

Sorry Sluffy that's just an excuse to me, Boris has always said wait till the report comes in and he's been found to have broken the rules, he needs to go now and take that other plank Sunak with him.

853How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:21 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Sorry Sluffy that's just an excuse to me, Boris has always said wait till the report comes in and he's been found to have broken the rules, he needs to go now and take that other plank Sunak with him.

I would happily get in the ring against these two shit houses at the same time.

854How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:23 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What with the photographs, witness statements etc all in the public domain there was no other possible verdict but with the extensive use of delaying and obfustication tactics I'm wondering to what extent this sorry saga has been sidelined from the public concern.

No doubt we'll be hearing from apologist dickheads coming out with "well there's a war on so they can't resign now can they?". Haven't seen the Red Army marching down our street yet but it's obviously relevant to some people.

A very sad thing the invasion of Ukraine, but it does detract from the fact that our own country is in the middle of an economic Brexit-fuelled crisis exacerbated by the mismanagement of a bunch of incompetent hypocrites.

I think it's shameful that anyone could use other people's pain to try to mask the very real problems we increasingly face at home. Two completely separate issues but at least the spotlight will be back on the government for a day or two before the next distraction/excuse.

855How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:51 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

...and the lies just keep on coming. More worrying than the Xmas denials is falsifying the unemployment figures and Minister Theresa Coffey at the DWP has been caught lying about the numbers on 9 separate occasions - lies that have been repeated by other Ministers.
Whilst it has been claimed that employment is up from the pre-pandemic period it's actually gone down by over half a million. Almost 800 thousand formerly self-employed people have gone out of business - and are no longer paying self-employed tax and NI. A good chunk of them have gone "cards in" with other businesses but the net figure is massively down.
The government has massaged these losses out of the figures for political purposes.

Mr Johnson in particular has presented data on the number of payrolled workers (employees) as the total number of people in work on several occasions.
The Office for Statistics Regulation has written to the Prime Minister’s office saying “it was disappointing that some earlier statements continued to refer to payroll employment as if describing total employment, despite contact from our office and from others.”

Furthermore, when challenged about this by Labour, both Coffey and Johnson claimed they would correct the numbers - but they didn't and went on to repeat the lies.

856How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:57 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It all seems too convenient that Sue Grey has published this now while there are other distractions now going on with the cost of living crisis and the Ukaine war.

Time for them to go.

857How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:57 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In addition to the massive decline in self-employed, new data just released for 2021 shows that one third of UK exporters to the EU have vanished under the mountain of Brexit red tape:

"The number of British businesses exporting goods to the European Union plummeted by a third in 2021, shocking new data has revealed.
According to figures from HMRC, just 18,357 businesses exported goods to the EU in 2021 – down from 27,321 in 2020.
Speaking to City AM, Michelle Dale – a senior manager at accountancy firm UHY Hacker Young – suggested the fall is a consequence of the extra red tape businesses must deal with when exporting to the continent."

858How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:58 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:It all seems too convenient that Sue Grey has published this now while there are other distractions now going on with the cost of living crisis and the Ukaine war.

Time for them to go.
Has Sue Grey published yet?

859How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:01 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
karlypants wrote:It all seems too convenient that Sue Grey has published this now while there are other distractions now going on with the cost of living crisis and the Ukaine war.

Time for them to go.
Has Sue Grey published yet?

..dunno..

860How is the Tory government doing? - Page 43 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:08 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

..dunno..
I think we've still got that to look forward to KP

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 43 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 46 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum