Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX

+12
Sluffy
okocha
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Hip Priest
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 50]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've had dogs all my life, and I'd never buy a dog like this unless I planned to raise it from a pup.

Any dog can be dangerous, but buying one fully grown, with an unknown temperament, and introducing it to an environment where small children are present, is madness in my book.

This is a lesson tragically learned. Such a shame this child had to pay the price.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes, it's very sad.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This seems to be happening a bit too frequent for my liking.

I would probably ban the staffie breed as it's not the first time withis has happened with this breed.

Dogs and children don't mix period in my opinion and should never be left unattended.

Also the dog license needs to be brought back.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Staffie's are ok, its usually the people that own them and how they treat them that are the problem. My kids childminder had a staffie for many years and all the kids played with him and there was never any issue with the dog at all.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Staffie's are ok, its usually the people that own them and how they treat them that are the problem. My kids childminder had a staffie for many years and all the kids played with him and there was never any issue with the dog at all.

Yes I agree.

I'm not really a dog lover myself, well I am but I never wanted to have to pick up their shit all the time, but Staffies as a breed are very child friendly dogs if the owner simply treats them properly and give them decent training.

The problem as always is bad owners, or these days, dodgy breeders.

It was senseless of the parents to bring an unknown grown dog into their household, even worse with children about and even worse still that it may well have been an illegal breed.

RIP little Bella-Rae.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bit of an update on the picture I posted last week, asking if anyone knew who Martha Heathcote was. I'd missed a faded label on the back, saying she'd been a supporter for 62 years, and had been invited by the club to meet Nat and the team.
Asked what she thought of her day she said, "This has been such a wonderful experience for me, and the team are such nice boys".
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 9 Img_2310

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here's another good one. Nat, with the cup, being interviewed by David Coleman.
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 9 Img_2311

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:How do these people get jobs?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60862933

Because they are ruthless businessmen.

Think of it as something like a professional foul in football say, where breaking the law ultimately is a better reward than not breaking it.

From what I read the company wasn't going to survive unless it slashed it's wage bill quickly - and it knew it couldn't achieve this by following the law - (Think striker through on goal and the last defender can't stop him unless he fouls him from behind).

The company can now survive but will pay a penalty for breaking the law - (The defender gets sent off and a three match ban - but the 'goal' he prevented ensures his team wins the cup/ avoids relegation, etc).

Wrong legally, physically and morally in both cases but as they say, 'nothing personal, just business'.

I guess you could flip it around the other way also - the company follows the law, is unable to agree with unions in the time it has, inevitably falls into Administration and vast numbers of employees are terminated from their jobs in order for the Administrators to save the company from going bust.

Is the outcome that much different to what actually happened (setting legality and morals to one side)?

Probably not.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is how my old boss worked. It's scary to watch at close quarters. And he'd do it with a smile.

The amazing thing is, I actually liked him.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:This is how my old boss worked. It's scary to watch at close quarters. And he'd do it with a smile.

The amazing thing is, I actually liked him.
He must take his mask off when he gets home.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:He must take his mask off when he gets home.

Bonce worked in a gimp supplies shop?

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sadly he didn't last long, he just couldn't cope with all those zips and chains.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Bonce worked in a gimp supplies shop?
Only for a week. I discovered I was allergic to latex.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone tried the Cherry Jaffa Cakes?

Or the blackcurrant ones?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:How do these people get jobs?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60862933
 on a similar note i saw this on the BN website and nearly spat out my tea as i know this lad.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/20018886.bolton-man-took-6-7m-employers-security/

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Anyone tried the Cherry Jaffa Cakes?

Or the blackcurrant ones?
yes, they are ok but not as good as the original ones.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
yes, they are ok but not as good as the original ones.
Don't like cherry flavoured anything for some reason.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even cherryade?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum