Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX

+12
Sluffy
okocha
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Hip Priest
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 50]

321Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Fri May 20, 2022 11:05 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
This may sound strange but a sandwich changed my life.
About three o'clock in the morning in the early 1970's I had  the munchies and went to find some food. The only thing that was available was bread, cheese, a green apple and some Golden Syrup - and that sandwich was so good it inspired me to start experimenting with flavour profiles and exploring the world of cookery. When I came back from working in the Middle East for a few years I opened a restaurant and cheffed it for a year to create the menus until I brought pro chefs in, but even now, years later I love cooking as does the missus and we cook from scratch every day unless we're going out for a meal.
From fridge scrapings to fine dining - I'd never have thunk it at the time.
Only a pasty on a barm beats a sandwich in my book.
With salad cream!

322Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Fri May 20, 2022 1:58 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have you abandoned veganism Bonce?

323Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Fri May 20, 2022 2:26 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Have you abandoned veganism Bonce?
Vegan diet was on doctors orders, to try to isolate what was causing my knee pain. Turned out to be milk and bread in the main.
As a lifelong veggie it wasn't too big a jump, but now I've regulated my bread and milk intake, I'm back on my veggie diet. And thank god, because I can't live without cheese.

324Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Fri May 20, 2022 2:52 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A life without milk and bread would be a life not worth living for me, that's mainly what i eat and drink on a daily basis.

325Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Fri May 20, 2022 3:37 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:A life without milk and bread would be a life not worth living for me, that's mainly what i eat and drink on a daily basis.
I get by with vegan milk now, and bread is rationed, but it's been worth it to be pain free.

326Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Fri May 20, 2022 3:53 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
I get by with vegan milk now, and bread is rationed, but it's been worth it to be pain free.
Excuse my ignorance but how and why did they cause your knee pain?

327Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Fri May 20, 2022 4:15 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Excuse my ignorance but how and why did they cause your knee pain?
Gluten was the problem with regard to the bread, causing painful inflammation. Milk is gluten free, but it seemed it was reacting in some way with the bread, although they're still not sure what's going on.
The bottom line for me though, is that it's worked. 
I like a shower, but I can now have a bath without having to call emergency services to get me out. Surprised

328Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Sat May 21, 2022 1:52 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Gluten was the problem with regard to the bread, causing painful inflammation. Milk is gluten free, but it seemed it was reacting in some way with the bread, although they're still not sure what's going on.
The bottom line for me though, is that it's worked. 
I like a shower, but I can now have a bath without having to call emergency services to get me out. Surprised
I know a bunch of people who claim to be coeliac - including one of my sons - and have to cater for them when they come round. It's not too difficult. Rice flour in cooking is actually quite decent and our local chippie apparently does gluten free fish and chips on request.
What is clear is that they all swear they feel better when they cut gluten out of their diets.
Never heard of it being linked to knee pain though - usually it's their guts.

329Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Sat May 21, 2022 10:14 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
I know a bunch of people who claim to be coeliac - including one of my sons - and have to cater for them when they come round. It's not too difficult. Rice flour in cooking is actually quite decent and our local chippie apparently does gluten free fish and chips on request.
What is clear is that they all swear they feel better when they cut gluten out of their diets.
Never heard of it being linked to knee pain though - usually it's their guts.
It's done wonders for me. I'm back in 32" waist pants!

330Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Sat May 21, 2022 10:25 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

331Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Sat May 21, 2022 11:23 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interested in carrots? Look no further.

http://www.carrotmuseum.co.uk/

332Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Sat May 21, 2022 3:18 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Brilliant.

The world has gone fcuking crazy.

333Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Mon May 23, 2022 1:15 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has anyone tried those CBD infused pillows? 
My 92 year old mum has asked me to get her a couple, and I'm a bit dubious. I don't want her cavorting about on her porch, playing the bongos. Again.
Any reviews, good or bad?

334Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Mon May 23, 2022 4:29 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rudy showing himself up again. Very Happy

335Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Tue May 24, 2022 3:43 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

336Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Tue May 24, 2022 4:02 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well they aren't wrong are they?  Very Happy

337Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Tue May 24, 2022 4:04 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Well they aren't wrong are they?  Very Happy
They speak truth to Nations. Very Happy

338Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Wed May 25, 2022 1:39 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love that fact that in making an apology they brought it to light again.

339Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Wed May 25, 2022 4:49 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 283774083_10160490108944203_2222059792090220097_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=wb719JkCgbwAX-NrdEc&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1

340Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX Wed May 25, 2022 5:04 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 17 281370094_782853273121023_8902851597458096298_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=hWjlA9slrXIAX8ydqzo&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum