Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+25
Keegan
observer
Norpig
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
bryan458
Hip Priest
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
okocha
Cajunboy
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
terenceanne
finlaymcdanger
dutchwhites63
BarrygoestoBolton
Feby
Growler
whatsgoingon
BoltonWondering
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 32]

61Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2022, 21:08

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m going out on a whim and thinking wander was having a play on the word psychic.  Sure it’s in a comedy sketch somewhere, maybe is psychedelic.  Think it’s all a mountain out of a mole hill to be honest.  

Let’s put out big girl pants on and move on.

62Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2022, 21:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I’m going out on a whim and thinking wander was having a play on the word psychic.  Sure it’s in a comedy sketch somewhere, maybe is psychedelic.  Think it’s all a mountain out of a mole hill to be honest.  

Let’s put out big girl pants on and move on.

Well go out on a whim and explain to us all which comedy sketch he was referring to when he called me a pontificating self-righteous wanker then???

Explain to us why he 'jokily' went back and amended his original reply in order to make out I was psychotic in his reply to me.

Bit of a dirty trick don't you think?

Look I'm sure you believe it to be all big girls blouse stuff - and it is - but my point - which you clearly are failing to grasp - is that it is going to carry on and on if WE don't put a stop to it NOW.

I've done absolutely nothing yet I'm still having to defend myself.

Wanderlust has created this total shitstorm but not one person has the the decency or integrity to at least call him out for doing so.

If people want all this to stop then BOTH Wanderlust and I have to stop it.

Clearly Wanderlust has no intention of doing so - and why would he - after all I'm taking all the shit for nothing that I've done and he's probably pissing himself that nobody can see him being in any way in the wrong himself.

I don't doubt he sees me as a wanker - he's said it enough recently.

He's not going to stop unless people get on his case.

Up to now you, Karly, Norpig and even Bonce haven't - and it looks to me as though you won't.

I thought at least one or two of you would have the fairness and the balls to do so?

I've tried to stop this.

You need to stand up and be counted if you want it to stop too.

If you don't it's only going to continue and people will leave.

Did Karly leaving because he was sick of all this not register with any of you at all...?

63Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2022, 21:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have to agree with sluffy, lusty you’re taking the piss now

64Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2022, 22:12

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Just heard some news that Fossey has made a U-Turn and is in Bolton tomorrow for scarf photos etc..
I doubt that, but here’s hoping you’ll be ITK for a change  Laughing

65Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 17 2022, 01:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Just heard some news that Fossey has made a U-Turn and is in Bolton tomorrow for scarf photos etc..
£450k with add-ons is a chunk of money for a guy with injury problems to a club in our position, but if he stays fit we already know he suits Evatt's style of play.
That said, I was kinda getting used to the idea/hoping Bradley would come, even though we couldn't sign him permanently. TBH I'd be happy with either.
My only reservation is that we need a another quality CB and a beast for midfield so I hope there'll be money left for that.

66Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 17 2022, 08:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BN says we have an interest in Gillingham CB Jack Tucker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

67Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 17 2022, 10:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:BN says we have an interest in Gillingham CB Jack Tucker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
A bit of a step down from the Barnsley Polish international, but I guess you can only spend the budget once so if it's true we're throwing half a mill at Fossey we probably do need to look at cheaper CB options. Helik would be fancy money - this lad is peanuts.

68Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 17 2022, 10:33

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Keegan wrote:

2 quick questions, Bob: who is your current favourite player, and what are your thoughts on Evatt's recruiting strategies? I can't recall your actually speaking about the football - only the finances behind it.
You’re right. I don’t talk about the footie much. I’m quite disillusioned with most of it. But I’m still a Wanderer and can’t shake that off.
Favourite players? Nah.
Evatt’s recruitment? I’d give him 7.75 out of 10. Nearly an 8

69Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 17 2022, 10:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

About right that. Generally good but he's had to have a punt or two on younger players some of whom paid off like Dapo who is now a financial asset and some like Amaechi who never really got going - hence the B team where we can gamble the younger ones will develop in house on the cheap. Senior player recruitment has been good but it's expensive to buy the finished product or at least a whole team of them.
Also he's recruiting for a style of play which is great to watch when it works, but whilst we lack a rock solid defence it's always going to be nervy - so given the choice, that's where I'd be putting the money if it was my decision.

70Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 17 2022, 18:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Slightly unsure why Fossey hasn’t been announced. It’s a done deal.

71Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 17 2022, 18:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Slightly unsure why Fossey hasn’t been announced. It’s a done deal.

You told me it was 100%. I'd just bought 500 Fossey Bear t-shirts.

72Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 17 2022, 19:23

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’ve grown my hair into an Afro in anticipation

73Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 17 2022, 20:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I’ve grown my hair into an Afro in anticipation
I've just done a Fossey back flip.

Appleby ward. Wear a mask.

74Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 17 2022, 22:22

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:Slightly unsure why Fossey hasn’t been announced. It’s a done deal.

If thou speak'st false,
Upon the nexr tree shalt thou hang alive 
Tll famine cling thee......

75Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jun 18 2022, 00:00

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Keegan wrote:

2 quick questions, Bob: who is your current favourite player, and what are your thoughts on Evatt's recruiting strategies? I can't recall your actually speaking about the football - only the finances behind it.
You’re right. I don’t talk about the footie much. I’m quite disillusioned with most of it. But I’m still a Wanderer and can’t shake that off.
Favourite players? Nah.

Fair enough. Considering the circumstances we were in when he arrived, I would be happy to grade him a little easier than you have - but opinions are very much individual things.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

76Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jun 18 2022, 00:36

BoltonWondering

BoltonWondering
David Ngog
David Ngog

Hey all, BoltonWondering here, I'm on twitter too. Joined for the transfer rumours after seeing a twitter exchange. 
Hope you're both right and wrong Boggers. 
Right that Fossey is coming, wrong that it's 450k plus add ons. That's too much in my book for him. 

I mean if he joins and then is our Player of The Year then I'll look stupid saying that but even so, that's a big outlay for a wing back in League One and would take our net spend under FV to over £1m. If you include compo for Evatt, then transfer fees of Charles, Morley and Dempsey...

http://www.boltonwondering.com

77Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jun 18 2022, 11:55

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Welcome on board Bolton Wondering. Nice to have you.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

78Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jun 18 2022, 12:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Failed his medical? Smile

79Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jun 18 2022, 19:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Failed his medical? Smile

His agent is holding the deal up.

80Transfer rumours ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jun 18 2022, 20:13

BoltonWondering

BoltonWondering
David Ngog
David Ngog

Biggie wrote:Welcome on board Bolton Wondering. Nice to have you.
Thanks!

To be fair I don't think there's going to be much more transfer news, especially if Fossey does sign but always nice to hear rumours. I had a read back through some of the old pages and you were saying it was hard to hear any whispers back in the day. It was all a bit last-minute. 

I've got used to Bolton having total overhauls each transfer window in recent years, so this one will probably feel a bit slow in comparison.

The B-Team signings are nice, but the announcements aren't of the same level of fanfare. If we sign a right back, whether that's Fossey or someone else. Plus a centreback I think our business will be pretty much done.

http://www.boltonwondering.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum