Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Was summer longer and hotter in the olden days?

+3
Copper Dragon
BoltonTillIDie
Bolton Nuts
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I think back to being at school in the 80's and 90's and remember spending all summer outside in the sun in shorts. Even the end of the school year we played football on the grass at luchtime because the grass was dry and scorched.

Am I being nostalgic or did summer really used to be better than this?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree summer's where hotter and lasted longer - but I guess you felt them more because of the summer holidays...maybe

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Effing boiling for 4 months.

Stand pipes all round.

We have two warm days now and it's followed by a 2 week monsoon.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I thought about whether I was just being nostalgic and looking back fondly and only remembering the hot days - however...

I look back through old photos of random summers and see the grass is pale and scorched and dry in most years, which must be symptomatic of extended dry spells or sunshine, we used to need a sprinkler every summer in my dads garden. He still has the same garden but the sprinkler has not been out of the garage for at least 8 years now and the grass is never dried out anymore...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I got the fuck out, why? because I hate rain and cold, and England is all of those for a full 12 months, I hate bad weather.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I want out.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yes they where, but the winters where also colder, no central heating or double glazing when I was a kid, frost climbed up the inside of our windows, we had to put a candle under the toilet to stop it freezing and I mean an inside toilet.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

They were not longer, just seemed longer because there was no football. The season was over at the end of April and the Cup Final was the last game on the first Saturday in May.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum