Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sausage and Egg sandwich

+15
Norpig
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
boltonbonce
Bernard Dennis Park
xmiles
Hip Priest
Keegan
waynagain
Michael Bolton
Natasha Whittam
Mr Magoo
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Tue Jun 11 2013, 01:02

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can see the appeal of a sausage and egg buttie but in actual fact it is a scientifically proven fact that nothing can better the simple basic chip buttie. Buttered white bread with proper quality chips and plenty of salt, uncorrupted by the likes of vinegar and vulgar sauces like tomato,brown,HP etc. Fried egg may be added to the above but strictly speaking is not necessary. It has to be admitted however that the fish finger buttie does run the chip butty a very close second and is a very acceptable substitute.

22Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Tue Jun 11 2013, 17:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

No I can't agree.

Nothing beats a bacon sandwich, The bacon should be crisp and HP sauce is an acceptable addition. Delicious.

Even vegetarians and Muslims and Jews have difficulty resisting the guilty pleasure of a bacon sarnie.

23Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Tue Jun 11 2013, 18:06

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bacon and egg with hp sauce is the best.

24Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Tue Jun 11 2013, 19:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Bacon and egg with hp sauce is the best.

:like:

It sets you up for the day. Muesli may be a healthier option but it's like eating bloody rabbit food.

25Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 08:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just to put this to bed, as far as I'm concerned, to be classed as a sandwich, the filling has to be cold. So, much as I love a chip butty, it does not, in my mind, constitute a sandwich.
They were on about sandwiches this morning on talkSPORT, and some of the ideas were horrific, with one guy pushing a filling of sausage, beans and mash.
Any personal favourites?

26Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 09:12

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Just to put this to bed, as far as I'm concerned, to be classed as a sandwich, the filling has to be cold. So, much as I love a chip butty, it does not, in my mind, constitute a sandwich.
They were on about sandwiches this morning on talkSPORT, and some of the ideas were horrific, with one guy pushing a filling of sausage, beans and mash.
Any personal favourites?
Lady Bobsworth favours cucumber sandwiches seasoned with black pepper.

27Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 09:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can only presume the black pepper is to give the sandwich a taste. I've never understood cucumber.

It tastes like nothing at all. Lettuce, tomato, and spring onion, with a sprinkling of sea salt, is my go to Summer sandwich, now that cheese is off the menu.

28Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 09:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ox tongue with iceberg lettuce and sliced tomatoes on Blackpool Milk Roll.

29Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 10:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ham. tomato and mustard is my favourite at the moment. As for eggs, cant stand the vile things!

So many names from the past on this thread, wonder where they all are now?

30Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 11:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Peanut butter and banana on rye bread. Delicious.

31Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 12:06

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I like the Egg sarnie. Known in the military as an "Egg Banjo."

"Within the military, it is widely known as an ‘egg banjo’ because when it is eaten, egg yolk usually squirts onto the eater’s shirt/jacket, typically resulting in the person raising their sandwich out of the way, to approximately ear height, while they attempt to ‘strum’ the yolk mess from their shirt with their free hand."

I'm also quite partial to mashed potato butties, but then I'm from Farnworth.   Smile

32Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 12:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:

I'm also quite partial to mashed potato butties, but then I'm from Farnworth.   Smile
My brother and I used to whip up some Yeoman instant mash, and get through half a Warbies, eating those things.
I'd sometimes lace mine with brown sauce, or a sprinkle of grated cheese. Couldn't move afterwards. Lovely.

33Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 14:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nothing beats a fish finger sandwich on Warburton's Super Toastie.

34Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 14:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Ox tongue with iceberg lettuce and sliced tomatoes on Blackpool Milk Roll.

Blackpool Milk Roll Very Happy

Is that still going?

35Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 14:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:Ox tongue with iceberg lettuce and sliced tomatoes on Blackpool Milk Roll.

Blackpool Milk Roll Very Happy

Is that still going?
Yes although they have dropped the Blackpool from the name. Very Happy

36Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 14:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Nothing beats a fish finger sandwich on Warburton's Super Toastie.
Do you toast the bread as well? Shocked

37Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 15:10

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Question. how would you toast milk roll ?

38Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 15:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Do you toast the bread as well? Shocked

Don't be absurd.

39Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 17:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Quite like a cheese and onion, myself.

40Sausage and Egg sandwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 18:57

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cold - Egg Mayo! Smelly but good!
Hot - Sausage, egg & Mushroom - with HP Brown Sauce

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum