Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scottish Independence.

+15
Copper Dragon
bwfc71
Numpty 28723
Mr Magoo
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
xmiles
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

41Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Mon Sep 08 2014, 18:25

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Bank of Scotland is the Halifax
If I remember correctly  as I had shares with Halifax, it was BOS who took over the Halifax. It was called HBOS cos they couldn't call it BOSH for obvious reasons! I stand to be corrected on this?!

42Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Mon Sep 08 2014, 18:26

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:riiiiight.
That's not English, is that your forthcoming new language?

43Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Tue Sep 09 2014, 20:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

44Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Tue Sep 09 2014, 20:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If only they had a vote!

45Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Tue Sep 09 2014, 22:45

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hope they get it, then build a fuck off wall and leave them to suffer.

46Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Tue Sep 09 2014, 22:51

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A wall like this from the movie Doomsday?

Scottish Independence. - Page 3 DoomsdayWallArt

or like your own wall?

47Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Tue Sep 09 2014, 22:56

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No BIGGER

48Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Tue Sep 09 2014, 23:00

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Like this with armed guards.

Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Greatwallofchina

49Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 07:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But Hipster wouldn't be able to get to the Macron every week.

50Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 09:52

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No need to answer my ? Hipster, below does it!
Seems rather ill thought out don't you think?
No doubt silence will prevail?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29052665

51Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whats the question? Why can't people who don't live in Scotland vote? Well I suspect It's fairly self explanatory, it's for the people of Scotland to decide their future. I'm sure there are some disgruntled Scots living outside the borders that would like to vote but sorry... 

and no I don't think it's "ill thought out" I'm interested in what the people of Scotland think. 

More English arrogance on this thread 48 year old men saying they'd "leave us to suffer." It's this kind of mature, pulsating debate that leads many to vote yes.

52Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:20

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The question I asked and hinted at do you consider it acceptable for "tourists" to vote? And you obviously do!
Ill thought as I said, keep that  bell ringing.Smile
Another little snippet re. currency, the Governor of the Bank of England said that it is impractical for Scotland to use the pound. Shouldn't this have been sorted out prior to the vote or is it just trivia?
Perhaps Mr Salmond is in a rush to crown his wife the fist lady?

Last edited by Soul Kitchen on Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:26; edited 1 time in total

53Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The following groups of people can register to vote in the referendum:

• British citizens resident in Scotland.
  • Qualifying Commonwealth citizens resident in Scotland. This means Commonwealth citizens who either have leave to remain in the UK or do not require such leave, and are resident in Scotland.
  • Citizens of the Republic of Ireland and other EU countries resident in Scotland.
  • Members of the House of Lords resident in Scotland.
  • Service/Crown personnel serving in the UK or overseas in the Armed Forces or with Her Majesty’s Government who are registered to vote in Scotland.

54Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:27

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

But nobody in England?
Who may be working in England?

55Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why would they vote? 

and the currency question has been answered read the white paper there are many currency options.

56Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:40

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Why would they vote? 

and the currency question has been answered read the white paper there are many currency options.
And why not? I'm quite sure they would have Scotland's interests at heart more than say Zbigniew on a two year posting? Obviously you don't think so.

The rouble looks favourite on the money front!Smile

57Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You keep editing your posts after I reply.

I've said what I think, It's about self determination as it always is with these kind of votes, the people of Scotland should decide it's future and I think thats fair. End of story really.

58Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:47

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I edited one post, not to catch you out but to prevent having to pull too many teeth in multiple posts.

59Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So if Scotland decides to the disband Great Britain and the United Kingdom agreements what will England, Wales and NI be called in the future?

We'll need a catchy name, but I'm struggling.

Fairly Big Britain?
The Slightly at Loggerheads Kingdom?

And what will our currency be called?

If FBB is allowed to retain the pound sterling - which is currently the currency of an entity that won't exist in the future (It's called the GBP according to Jah) what will that be called?
The EWNI pound? NIWE? WENI?WNIE? 

Scottish Pound will presumably be called the Scottish Pound a la Egyptian Pound.

The Olympics team will be f****d - what will that be called?

We need a catchy name for the alliance between England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

60Scottish Independence. - Page 3 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:18

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The Kingdom Of Engwani

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum