Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scottish Independence.

+15
Copper Dragon
bwfc71
Numpty 28723
Mr Magoo
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
xmiles
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

81Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Thu Sep 11 2014, 08:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

RBS have just announced that they will relocate to London if there is a yes vote.

Yet more evidence that the Scottish economy will be a disaster post independence.

82Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Thu Sep 11 2014, 09:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder why a bank owned by the British government would say that on the eve of the vote.

83Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Thu Sep 11 2014, 09:22

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In theory the jocks will not be EU citizens if it goes to a yes vote, so are they pinching our jobs?

84Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Thu Sep 11 2014, 09:56

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I wonder why a bank owned by the British government would say that on the eve of the vote.

Because the British Government only have 80odd% of the shares within the RBS Group (RBS, NatWest, Williams & Glyn, Ulster, Drummonds, Coutts) and officially it is not a Government Quango and it has a Scottish Company number - so it would mean having to register itself at Companies House, in Telford,  to become an English company -  same goes for The Lloyds Banking Group (Lloyds, TSB, Halifax, BoS)

85Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Thu Sep 11 2014, 22:02

Why are all the banks talking about moving "south of the border".....?

What's so special about Mexico?

86Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Thu Sep 11 2014, 22:14

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Membership of the EU will virtually be impossible as it would require ALL EU countries to agree and the Spanish and French have already said they would not support the idea - basically because of the problems it could cause with the Basque region that straddles both countries who are also vying for independence.

Currency - their only option would have to be the Scottish Pound backed/partnered by a more stable/reliable strong currency - Bank of England have said no.  ECB could be their only best bet, but if they say no then their only options would be to link to USD, CNH or YEN.  Another option would be to link up with Isle of Man, Jersey and Currency to create a co-currency which would be dangerous as it could bring those principalities into argument with Westminster!

As for armed forces - we already have foreigners within our services and are treated no different and expected to be loyal to Britain during times of action.

Border Security - we currently have no borders with Eire - which has been long standing since the separation in 1918-21.  So it could be there would be a similar agreement with Scotland - especially as we are land-locked with Scotland.

87Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Fri Sep 12 2014, 07:34

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The big guns are out in strength now, Asda, John Lewis, etc., to stop the turkeys voting for Christmas! 
The use of the GB Pound will supposedly come at a cost, a supposed commission.
It will be interesting if the yes vote comes and the pips then start to squeek!!
Hope they do, bring it on.

89Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Fri Sep 12 2014, 20:49

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The Yes campaign in a nutshell........

Scottish Independence. - Page 5 9jpphv

90Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Fri Sep 12 2014, 21:30

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm voting Scotland , Fuck um!

91Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Fri Sep 12 2014, 22:21

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

92Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Fri Sep 12 2014, 23:23

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If there is one reason for voting independence then it is currently as Farage is in Scotand trying to convince people to say no.

If it was me, and he was there, then I would definitely vote for independence - he is such as f'in right winged wanker - even Goebbles would be proud of him!!!

93Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Fri Sep 12 2014, 23:27

You should be very ashamed saying stuff like that, you know......with being his daughter and that, Nigella........

Show some Respect.

(Or is that another political party....?)

94Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Fri Sep 12 2014, 23:32

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:You should be very ashamed saying stuff like that, you know......with being his daughter and that, Nigella........

Show some Respect.

(Or is that another political party....?)

LOL

You know me a bit too well!!!!

But as you assumed Nigella Farrage (notice the 2 r's) is a obtusive figure against Nigel!

95Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Fri Sep 12 2014, 23:52

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Wonder how if Gartside had got his way back  when he wanted Rangers and Celtic in the EPl.

Would it have made a difference to the outcome of the Vote?

96Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Sat Sep 13 2014, 05:32

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc71 wrote:If there is one reason for voting independence then it is currently as Farage is in Scotand trying to convince people to say no.

If it was me, and he was there, then I would definitely vote for independence - he is such as f'in right winged wanker - even Goebbles would be proud of him!!!
:agree: but some on here would like his babies!

97Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Sat Sep 13 2014, 05:35

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Banks of the Croal wrote:Wonder how if Gartside had got his way back  when he wanted Rangers and Celtic in the EPl.

Would it have made a difference to the outcome of the Vote?
It certainly would on the Rangers side and I suspect Celts would vote opposite to Rangers.

98Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Sat Sep 13 2014, 11:53

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

99Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Sat Sep 13 2014, 12:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
:agree: but some on here would like his babies!

Just the one, I want to keep my figure.

100Scottish Independence. - Page 5 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Sat Sep 13 2014, 14:40

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You need to get that hymen smashed and get on with it Nat. Wouldn't want you having a prolapse cos you've left it too late! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum