Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beckford Waving At The Leeds Fans *DURING* The Game.

+12
finlaymcdanger
Banks of the Croal
Keegan
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
Soul Kitchen
White84
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Jack Russell
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Thinking about it, Mason must be a Leeds fan as well.........

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To Nat and all the others moaning about "professional conduct,"

If your customer came into YOUR place of work and issued the kind of abuse JB has had to take for several weeks and your boss didn't ban them he'd be a fucking idiot. If he then indulged in it himself you'd have every right to take him to a tribunal and sue his stupid ass off. 

If the customers at the place you USED to work at start treating you with respect and politely while you're suffering the crap he's had to take here more or less since he came in I think you'd probably have a better relationship with them than the current berks. 

Why is it that when a mob of people throw abuse at a footballer it's somehow "OK" because they're customers? Bullshit. That kind of abuse from a customer ANYWHERE else would result in arrest and prosecution for threatening and abusive behaviour. Most people wouldn't DARE try it because they'd be one on one and as such get caught in a heartbeat. The fact they sit with a few hundred or thousand other morons doing the same completely unacceptable crap doesn't make it right or somehow give them the right to behave that way. 

If you MUST boo your own team do it at half time or full time but to actually hurl personal abuse and insults at players AT ALL is frankly downright juvenile and one more sign that while an individual person might be smart and polite a mob is only as intelligent as its stupidest member. If you want loyalty from our players and their best efforts then you have to damned well earn it. 

That doesn't mean clap them no matter what. It doesn't mean say they did well when they played badly. But handing out the kind of frankly disgusting jibes about his sexual habits, parentage etc that some of our alleged fans have dished out is only going to convince him not to bother and why the hell should he? I damned well wouldn't in his place. The fact that he clearly still IS doing his best for us speaks very well for him and is the most eloquent response to the mob idiocy anyone could come up with. So if you don't like what Jermaine Beckford did or was alleged to have done yesterday look in your mirror for the potential reason why he acted that way and ask yourself what you'd have done in his shoes.

But he didn't do it because he hates Bolton fans, he did it because he loves Leeds fans. He has done it before when playing for Leicester.

Comparing football fans to any other customers is just pointless.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:To Nat and all the others moaning about "professional conduct,"

If your customer came into YOUR place of work and issued the kind of abuse JB has had to take for several weeks and your boss didn't ban them he'd be a fucking idiot. If he then indulged in it himself you'd have every right to take him to a tribunal and sue his stupid ass off. 

Have you ever been to a game of football Peter? Players get abused for being crap, it's been going on since the dawn of time. Beckford knew he would get abuse if he didn't perform, the same happens at every club in the country. Didn't stop him signing on so he could get the fat signing on fee and ridiculous weekly wage.

At the top of most professions comes pressure and abuse if you don't perform, football is no different. At the end of the day Beckford is paid by Bolton Wanderers so his loyalty is to Bolton Wanderers. If you don't think a professional footballer waving to opposition fans while Bolton are attacking is disgraceful then there's no hope for you.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've just taken this from a Leeds forum, posted in December 2009 when Beckford was at Leeds. The thread is full of Leeds fans giving Beckford shite for his lazy attitude and shit finishing. Sound familiar?

I hope he goes in january.
He's an over-rated prima donna who thinks he's better than he is.
The way he just srolls round on the pitch, putting in absolutely no effort whatsoever.
Who does he think he is?

He needs about 6 chances before he scores (see norwich game for example), he goes missing in all the 'big' games, millwall, udders, playoffs - totally anonymous.
He scores plenty against all the dross, but as soon as he comes up against anyone half decent he hasn't got a clue and is totally in-effective.

The reality is this - he hasn't been a pro for that long, so whilst he will have a decent amount of cash, he isn't loaded in footballing terms. I'll guess he gets approx £6k a week at Leeds, nice, but he won't be minted.
He's 25ish, so what he wants is one big contract that will sort him for life, e.g. £20k a week, 4 year deal that soomeone like qpr will give him, and Leeds and uncle kenneth will not.

If he were to go somewhere like wolves he would be shown up to be what he is - a good league1 player. He'd get one or two chances a game which he does not have the quality to take. He would become a joke - like jason scotland.
But he wants the big contract, that's the reality.
But what p155es me off is the way he swans round at Leeds thinking he's the bees knees and just doesn't care.
I want shut of him in jan - get someone lined up who's gonna graft and get stuck in, not an over-rated selfish little cockney who clearly wants out.

Before anyone slates me, you only need to listen how the crowd respond to becchio/gradel to see that, top goalscorer or not, he ain't very popular.

The point is Peter that even the "fantastic" Leeds fans give abuse just like we do.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

LuckyPeterPiper is a Leeds fan.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm not surprised. When you're backed passionately by a proper set of fans you show respect back. 

our fans who were greeting about him being dropped (after slagging him for weeks and weeks) responded by calling him a wanker.... *DURING* the game.

you pay your money you can chant what you want but It's shite IMO, adds more credence to that Spearing rumour honestly, who the fuck would want to put up with that.

I was there yesterday and I reckon Beckford got a pretty raw deal. The banter was flowing between the Leeds and Wanderers fans with the usual ' Jimmy Saville, He's one of your own, Peter Sutcliffe, He's one of your own' and a few other choice phrases. A few Wanderers fans got ejected by the Coppers for abusive chants.

As for Beckford, he came on as a late sub as well as Feeney. Leeds were winning at that point and both sets of fans were singing, 'We only hate Man Utd'...

When Beckford came on, the Leeds fans chanted ' Beckford, Beckford give us a wave'. He DIDN'T wave at the Leeds fans but with his hands at his sides he simply raised his right thumb to acknowledge them, nothing more.... The response from a section of the Wanderers fans was dreadful. Awful abuse and booing. They forget he was somewhat of a hero at Leeds. Right at the death he nearly scored with a header but for a point blank save by the Leeds goalie. At the final whistle he was booed off as if the result was his fault? How so?

I have seen a lot of poor players in Wanderers shirts over the years but I just cannot bring myself to boo them. What does it achieve? The cynics will argue that Beckford is on a big salary and I wouldn't dispute that but booing your own players is bad form in my opinion. It was the same at Crewe. The Wanderers fans were giving Beckford stick and when he scored twice they all cheered but they didn't sing his name. They only shouted ' Wanderers '.

Tactically, it would have made more sense to have played Beckford and Feeney from the start. Why that didn't happen is something only Dougie knows.

Beckford is not Kevin Davies. He doesn't win high balls booted out from defence. He rarely if ever wins headers against opposing centre halves. His strength is when the ball is played to his feet where his pace gives him the edge on a one on one with a defender. That rarely happens.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anybody go to the Crewe game? I did. I reckon we must have had nearly a thousand Wanderers fans at Gresty Road. Beckford was getting abuse from the Wanderers fans and when he scored both goals did he run to celebrate in front of us?

No he didn't. He stood still and waited for his team mates to run to him to offer their congratulations. If the fans would cut him some slack he might actually celebrate in front of us!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've lost touch RT. Come out from behind your gold facemask.

Natasha Whittam wrote:You've lost touch RT. Come out from behind your gold facemask.

Is he a 15th century Inca king?

Would not have guessed that.....

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:You've lost touch RT. Come out from behind your gold facemask.

Is he a 15th century Inca king?

Would not have guessed that.....

Breaders, what was that TV show you recommended, again?

Banshee.

Well worth a viewing.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Banshee.

Well worth a viewing.

Thanks, mate. I'll have a watch tonight if I can get it.

Great show.

Mysterious character (who you root for from the off) appears in a small town in Pennsylvania after a doing a spot of bird and is given the opportunity to start a new life as the town's sheriff via a random turn of events.

Sounds implausible but it works.

Well written and thoroughly good telly.

Enjoy, mate.

I haven't seen the incident but I don't blame Beckford, if I was getting abused by a bunch of morons in the crowd each week I'd go out of my way to piss them off. I bet he loved it.

bwfc1874 wrote:I haven't seen the incident but I don't blame Beckford, if I was getting abused by a bunch of morons in the crowd each week I'd go out of my way to piss them off. I bet he loved it.

So, you're saying that if a section of the crowd, however small and unrepresentative of the fans in general, was giving you grief, you would continue to take your £10k a week but you'd be going through the motions and looking for ways to piss them off?

I reckon you'd make a great modern footballer.....

So you're saying if a group of chavs was abusing you as you went to work every week you'd lie down and take it?

I reckon you'd make a great 'complete and utter ponce.'

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:So you're saying if a group of chavs was abusing you as you went to work every week you'd lie down and take it?

I reckon you'd make a great 'complete and utter ponce.'

I'm guessing those chavs wouldn't be paying money to watch Breadman work.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

1874 were u even at the Leeds game? How many morons do you think were giving him grief? Estimate.

JAH wrote:1874 were u even at the Leeds game? How many morons do you think were giving him grief? Estimate.

Read my initial post and then try again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum