Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The rise and rise of UKIP...

+19
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
mark leach
White84
wanderlust
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
okocha
rammywhite
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
wessy
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 20]

301The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 13:39

Now i have fully read what you put (my bad for not reading it in the first place and just jumping in feet first) i do understand where you are coming from, but in my lowly opinion the promise shouldn't have been made in the first place due to the above reasons i have already highlighted.

302The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 13:46

Fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree I suppose mate.

303The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 13:50

bwfc1874 wrote:Fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree I suppose mate.

I do get where you are coming from, but there will come a time when we are "helping" others so much that we will become the less fortunate.  There are so many people and other countries in the world that don't do a 10th of what we do in terms of "aiding" the less fortunate yet they are probably in better positions to do so.

I'm like you, i would give away my last tenner if i thought it would benefit someone more than me, but there does have to come a time when we stand strong and say enough is enough

304The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 13:54

Personally I don't think we're stretched as thin as some of the media and UKIP like to make out and I certainly think we have the capacity to allow refugees into the country.

From your comments can I assume that you want to put a ban on all immigration for the moment? Apologies if I'm reading your posts wrong.

305The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:08

bwfc1874 wrote:Personally I don't think we're stretched as thin as some of the media and UKIP like to make out and I certainly think we have the capacity to allow refugees into the country.

From your comments can I assume that you want to put a ban on all immigration for the moment? Apologies if I'm reading your posts wrong.

The problem lies, we use to be such a big manufacturing country with products to export and reasons for people to come here.  To work.  The problem we now have is that we aren't the powerhouse we once where and there isn't enough work to go round.  (taking the lazy bellends out of the equation whether imported or homegrown)  The new mills, mines and factories of yesteryear are now call centres and things like that.

What i would be interested to see, that will never happen, is an actual (and it would have to be factual also) breakdown of the UK finances.  So how much comes in via tax.  how much of that is from non british born workers.  how much of that is spent on british born bone idle bellends.  how much is spent on imported bellends.  (Bellends is harsh i know but i have also used for it for homegrown lazy people too!)

The other thing our economy is coming up against is technology.  The reason we can't keep letting people in and saying "yeah come and work for the uk!" is beacuse technology in some cases can probably do the work of 10, 20 even 50 men.  No more product lines, stuffing packets, people moving things from a to b.

Yep, these are simple jobs i have mentioned but they are the ones you would expect for people coming into the country to be an entry level into work.

There are a lot of factors why i think that there should be a halt on immigration, of which non of it is race or religion related.

306The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1874 would soon change his mind if he lost his job and had to fight immigrants for a job.

307The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:12

If an immigrant beat me to a job I'd blame myself not them.

308The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:If an immigrant beat me to a job I'd blame myself not them.

Ha ha, of course you would.

309The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:14

Natasha Whittam wrote:1874 would soon change his mind if he lost his job and had to fight immigrants for a job.

It could happen to anyone at anytime.  It used to be so easy to pick and choose and flit from job to job.  Not anymore.  And while yes it is good there being competition for jobs and meaning the best people get the job (in some cases i imagine!) ordinary joes who WANT to work or are having to take lesser jobs are the one's who are struggling.

310The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:19

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:If an immigrant beat me to a job I'd blame myself not them.

Ha ha, of course you would.

If somebody has managed to come to this country, learn the language and then learn my profession to a higher degree than me given my headstart then I think they've earned it.

311The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

If somebody has managed to come to this country, learn the language and then learn my profession to a higher degree than me given my headstart then I think they've earned it.

Let me guess, unmarried with no children?

312The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:39

Yes, so what? Unemployment is at it's lowest in 6 years I think are you seriously suggesting theres no jobs for White British people?

313The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:39

314The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Yes, so what?

I'm saying that the majority of people losing their jobs to immigrants are over 30, most will have families.

Would you be quite so matter of fact about this if you had mouths to feed and no income?

315The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A few years ago we once dared to ask for some improved equipment,and were met with "Don't push it,I can always get a couple of Poles in".
We made do.

316The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:46

boltonbonce wrote:A few years ago we once dared to ask for some improved equipment,and were met with "Don't push it,I can always get a couple of Poles in".
We made do.

The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Satcables

317The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Get a room.

318The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:47

Natasha Whittam wrote:Get a room.

Touche

319The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, I meant get a room - I want to spend the night with you.

320The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 16 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:52

Natasha Whittam wrote:No, I meant get a room - I want to spend the night with you.

on it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum