Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did Dougie deserve the abuse?

+12
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 18:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wanderers fans wrote:Dougie Freedman, what a wanker, what a wanker!

Forest fans wrote:Dougie Freedman is a red, is a red, is a red, Dougie Freedman is a red, he hates Bolton

Wanderers fans wrote:Dougie Freedman is a red, is a red, is a red, Dougie Freedman is a red, he's a dick head

Just a couple of examples of the stick Freedman got from the Bolton fans yesterday. It also infuriated a lot of people when we were 3-1 down and he waved at the Forest fans after they'd asked him to, which made me laugh.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have bought a ticket for this match if I hadn't had an inkling this sort of thing would happen. Part of me just wishes the fans that travelled had been as dignified as he was.

2Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 18:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The travelling Bolton fans are a bunch of braindead bellends, I've stopped going to away matches as I'm ashamed to sit with them.

3Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 18:33

Were they actually giving him shit and calling him a useless knob as Forest dismantled us with, what appeared to be, consummate ease? 

That suggests a pretty serious self-awareness issue to me........

4Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 18:46

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bet Freedman takes the piss out of our numb fuck away support behind closed doors.

5Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 19:00

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were all happy with Dougie in his forst season until that final match against Blackpool...

6Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 19:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know what happened behind the scenes seems some players had problems with his manner, but honestly I like the guy just the wrong situation for him here and he didn't have the experience to turn around a pretty big mess.

(you wouldn't say that if you had to watch the shite he served up every week though)

I've said that now so you don't have to Nat.

7Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 19:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You wouldn't say that if you had to watch the shite he served up every week though.

8Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 19:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went to the game and it wasn't all that bad. To be fair to Dougie I thought his post match interview was class.

9Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 19:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I went to the game and it wasn't all that bad. 

Compared to what exactly? the F.A cup semi final at Wembley.

10Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 19:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm talking about the abuse directed at Dougie by the Wanderers fans, not the performance of the team.

11Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 19:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I'm talking about the abuse directed at Dougie by the Wanderers fans, not the performance of the team.

Oh right Very Happy i thought you had your rose tinted Dennis Taylor spectacles on for a moment.

12Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 19:38

He did his best for the club under very difficult circumstances, the guy looked like he aged 10 years during his time here. He made mistakes no doubt, but I don't see any justifiable reason for abusing him.

13Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 19:43

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They're all coming out to defend dougie now. You guys are brilliant

14Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 19:59

Boggersbelief wrote:They're all coming out to defend dougie now. You guys are brilliant

Don't think any of those defending him here were abusing him before, might be wrong.

15Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 20:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I don't see any justifiable reason for abusing him.

Jay Spearing.

16Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 20:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Always defended him against the abuse, think it was untenable at the end though and he was rightly sacked.

17Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 22:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nobody deserves any abuse over a GAME ffs!

How the fuck people get so wound up as to make death threats over 22 millionaires kicking a ball about, once or twice a week, is beyond my comprehension.

God knows how these people manage when something actually important does goes wrong in their lives?

18Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 22:20

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's called passion Smile

19Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sun Feb 22 2015, 23:14

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I always thought and still think Dougie did a decent job overall and I sometimes felt sorry for him the way results went. Some will say he brought it on himself but in reality quite a bit of the Lennon purple patch had more than a touch of fortune sprinkled in...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

20Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Mon Feb 23 2015, 09:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was always going to happen whilst we have fans who don't understand the fine margins between success and failure in football, fail to grasp what our financial position really means or refuse to accept where we are really at as a club.

Lennon will be targeted soon unless he wins a couple in which case the same morons will be talking about the playoffs again because that's what they will have been told what to say. Dicks.

#toothicktohaveapersonalopinion

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum