Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did Dougie deserve the abuse?

+12
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Mon Feb 23 2015, 09:59

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Biggie wrote:I always thought and still think Dougie did a decent job overall
How? Almost getting in the playoffs once and reducing the wage bill doesn't mean he did a good job. Anyone can reduce a wage bill.

His gameplans were extremely negative, the football was painfully boring and the team played terribly week in week out and aside from one good run which culminated in absolutely nothing, we spent most of the time worrying about playing league one football the following season.

He made delusional comments about he way the team was playing and how us fans just don't understand "the bigger picture" and there was a complete disconnect from the youth setup and also from the supporters. To expect people to spend money on the absolute dross he was serving up was ludicrous. I agree that no one deserves abuse but to start saying now he was a good manager for us is just daft.

22Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Mon Feb 23 2015, 10:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:It was always going to happen whilst we have fans who don't understand the fine margins between success and failure in football, fail to grasp what our financial position really means or refuse to accept where we are really at as a club.

Lennon will be targeted soon unless he wins a couple in which case the same morons will be talking about the playoffs again because that's what they will have been told what to say. Dicks.

#toothicktohaveapersonalopinion

At least they go to games.

Condescending Norfolk prick.

23Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Mon Feb 23 2015, 10:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:It was always going to happen whilst we have fans who don't understand the fine margins between success and failure in football, fail to grasp what our financial position really means or refuse to accept where we are really at as a club.

Lennon will be targeted soon unless he wins a couple in which case the same morons will be talking about the playoffs again because that's what they will have been told what to say. Dicks.

You don't have to go to a game just to express a personal opinion.

24Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Mon Feb 23 2015, 10:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat still won't address the fact I was threatened with a ban for saying people don't go to games in a match thread. Then she constantly does the same thing. 

Double standards.

25Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Mon Feb 23 2015, 10:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

You don't have to go to a game just to express a personal opinion.

Of course you do.

26Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Mon Feb 23 2015, 10:56

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Nat still won't address the fact I was threatened with a ban for saying people don't go to games in a match thread. Then she constantly does the same thing. 

Double standards.

Its her site though, she just didn't like you saying it Very Happy

27Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Mon Feb 23 2015, 12:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Comments like that coming from an insecure control freak failed hack like you when you really have nothing left to say would make life so much sweeter if I was actually bothered about your uninformed opinion and alleged attendance at matches. It's good to know you're so easily rattled. F*** you, you little insignificant keyboard warrior asshole.

28Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Mon Feb 23 2015, 12:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Comments like that coming from an insecure control freak failed hack like you when you really have nothing left to say would make life so much sweeter if I was actually bothered about your uninformed opinion and alleged attendance at matches. It's good to know you're so easily rattled. F*** you, you little insignificant keyboard warrior asshole.

Tikka boo son!  :clap:

29Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Mon Feb 23 2015, 17:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Raw nerve?

30Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Mon Feb 23 2015, 17:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Raw nerve?

More of an open goal...

31Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 02:13

Bolton Nuts

Admin

stop bitching at each other it ruins every subject when, after a few posts, it descends into squabbling. Thank you.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

32Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 02:22

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Biggie wrote:I always thought and still think Dougie did a decent job overall
How? Almost getting in the playoffs once and reducing the wage bill doesn't mean he did a good job. Anyone can reduce a wage bill.

His gameplans were extremely negative, the football was painfully boring and the team played terribly week in week out and aside from one good run which culminated in absolutely nothing, we spent most of the time worrying about playing league one football the following season.

He made delusional comments about he way the team was playing and how us fans just don't understand "the bigger picture" and there was a complete disconnect from the youth setup and also from the supporters. To expect people to spend money on the absolute dross he was serving up was ludicrous. I agree that no one deserves abuse but to start saying now he was a good manager for us is just daft.

I really hope Lennon can turn this dip around, and if he cant do it soon it could turn out that his good run was also just a decent start, the same as a lot of clubs get under new management. We got the same with Coyle and the same with Dougie.

I could see what I think was the much alluded to "bigger picture" under Dougie but his results meant his position became untenable really and he had to go. He was unfortunately the wrong man with the wrong players, they just couldn't execute his vision on the pitch and the more he drilled it the less they liked it and many many many times it was individual slopiness lazyness or unforced error which cost us.

I still point back to that Birmingham game where Threlkeld Leicester and Kellet played at the end of last season and Brum got a draw, most people see it that the tactics were to blame - but in my eyes the tactics were the best demonstration of a manager who knows what he is doing I have seen in a long while. The players lost it not Doug.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

33Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 08:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"The players lost it not Doug"
You wouldn't think so if you read the hatred and bile on this forum and elsewhere. But TBF Lennon didn't waste too much time before shipping a few out so it does seem like there were troublemakers in the camp.
I've said all along that I thought Dougie would have turned it around eventually but the fact is whoever manages our club is going to be hampered so all managers are at risk until the financial position changes.

34Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 09:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BTW what happened to that stupid Lennon (messiah) v Freedman (wanker) thread that was sent to taunt those of us who bear no grudge towards Dougie? Deleted? Renamed?

35Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 11:20

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Of course he deserved the abuse. 

The same as Megson and Coyle did before him. 

At the end of the day they had a job to do and did a shit job of doing it. 

Few more losses and I will start to abuse Lennon. 

... And Gartside and Eddie Davies too - for not investing in the squad. 

Same in any job, when things are good they are good. When they go pear-shaped, you either change it or carry on fucking up and get punished for it. 
Same if a player has a bad day, hes done a crap job - he should be made to know that.

36Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 11:50

What do you do for a living if you get abused when things aren't going well?

37Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 11:53

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:What do you do for a living if you get abused when things aren't going well?
Nothing goes Pear-shaped with me, So I don't get abused. I've told staff off in the past though and let them go for under-performing, I don't see why football should be any different.

38Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 11:58

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Putting a bit of spin on it... 

Potentially, 4 managers have fucked themselves up with us now... Is the problem not the club? 

Maybe the board/owner failing to invest before we became a club battling relegation to the 3rd tier of English football? 

After all, I don't think Sir Alex or Jose could make this team (even without the injuries) come even close to the top 6. 

You cant polish shit, maybe we should just accept that we are a bag of shit and until the upper-management structure changes, we are always going to be shit.

39Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 11:58

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:What do you do for a living if you get abused when things aren't going well?
Nothing goes Pear-shaped with me, So I don't get abused. I've told staff off in the past though and let them go for under-performing, I don't see why football should be any different.

Have you abused your staff though, or would that be unacceptable?

40Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 12:01

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Putting a bit of spin on it... 

Potentially, 4 managers have fucked themselves up with us now... Is the problem not the club? 

Maybe the board/owner failing to invest before we became a club battling relegation to the 3rd tier of English football? 

After all, I don't think Sir Alex or Jose could make this team (even without the injuries) come even close to the top 6. 

You cant polish shit, maybe we should just accept that we are a bag of shit and until the upper-management structure changes, we are always going to be shit.

I've said it before, I can't think of an example of a team doing well whilst actively reducing the wage bill. At the moment we're treading water but thanks to the the cutting Dougie did Lennon's in a better position now to get us going. Have to see what the activity's like in the summer to judge but I suspect as most of the big wages are gone we'll start moving in the right direction now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum