Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did Dougie deserve the abuse?

+12
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 12:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Putting a bit of spin on it... 

Potentially, 4 managers have fucked themselves up with us now... Is the problem not the club? 

Maybe the board/owner failing to invest before we became a club battling relegation to the 3rd tier of English football? 

After all, I don't think Sir Alex or Jose could make this team (even without the injuries) come even close to the top 6. 

You cant polish shit, maybe we should just accept that we are a bag of shit and until the upper-management structure changes, we are always going to be shit.

Why the apparent glee in abusing people then if thats your conclusion?

42Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 12:05

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:Putting a bit of spin on it... 

Potentially, 4 managers have fucked themselves up with us now... Is the problem not the club? 

Maybe the board/owner failing to invest before we became a club battling relegation to the 3rd tier of English football? 

After all, I don't think Sir Alex or Jose could make this team (even without the injuries) come even close to the top 6. 

You cant polish shit, maybe we should just accept that we are a bag of shit and until the upper-management structure changes, we are always going to be shit.

I've said it before, I can't think of an example of a team doing well whilst actively reducing the wage bill. At the moment we're treading water but thanks to the the cutting Dougie did Lennon's in a better position now to get us going. Have to see what the activity's like in the summer to judge but I suspect as most of the big wages are gone we'll start moving in the right direction now.
If that was the case, NL would have been able to sign a couple of players he wanted in jan. 

He made it pretty obvious that he was told he would be getting fuck all. 

Even sold players to free up money... and got fuck all of that either.

43Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 12:19

That's an interesting theory but all of the evidence would say he did get to sign some players - because we did sign some players.

Don't let that get in the way though.

44Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 12:25

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Few more losses and I will start to abuse Lennon
A bit early for that don't you think? 

I would at least give him a full season in charge before the 'get lennon out' banners make an appearance. He's inherited a shit squad and needs time to sort it out to the standards and personnel he wants.

Man Utd were on the verge of sacking fergie. They gave him a little more time and reaped the rewards. Hurling abuse at this stage will do no good for the team or the club as a whole and will just build a reputation of shit club with shit fans.

A few weeks ago everyone was shitting themselves thinking lennon would leave us and now we've lost some games you're ready to abuse him.

Fickle fans. Who would want to manage us if the expectations of the supporters are to win every game or they'll come after you? 

Silly comment at this stage of his tenure imo.

45Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 12:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon inherited a truly awful squad of lazy ponces. He produced results quickly and we pulled away from the relegation zone. As long as we avoid relegation there's no way people should be judging Lennon now - he should at least get next season to prove himself.

I've said it all along, add two or three good players to a fully fit squad and we will challenge the top 6 next season.

Of course people are going to get angry if the current form continues, but talk of 'Lennon Out' is ridiculous.

46Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 12:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:Few more losses and I will start to abuse Lennon
A bit early for that don't you think? 

I would at least give him a full season in charge before the 'get lennon out' banners make an appearance. He's inherited a shit squad and needs time to sort it out to the standards and personnel he wants.

Man Utd were on the verge of sacking fergie. They gave him a little more time and reaped the rewards. Hurling abuse at this stage will do no good for the team or the club as a whole and will just build a reputation of shit club with shit fans.

A few weeks ago everyone was shitting themselves thinking lennon would leave us and now we've lost some games you're ready to abuse him.

Fickle fans. Who would want to manage us if the expectations of the supporters are to win every game or they'll come after you? 

Silly comment at this stage of his tenure imo.

:agree:

47Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 12:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Lennon inherited a truly awful squad of lazy ponces. He produced results quickly and we pulled away from the relegation zone. As long as we avoid relegation there's no way people should be judging Lennon now - he should at least get next season to prove himself.

I've said it all along, add two or three good players to a fully fit squad and we will challenge the top 6 next season.

Of course people are going to get angry if the current form continues, but talk of 'Lennon Out' is ridiculous.

Indeed.

48Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 13:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The core of the squad has been stripped out. Each of the recent managers has arrived with a preferred system and so those players whose style suits the new system get promoted and those who don't get canned a la Eagles and the defensive mids. Each has also added one or two so it's as though our squad has been assembled in parts with no continuity or longer term vision - after all the lifespan of a BWFC manager is a short one so short-termism has been prevalent.

What we need is a lengthy period (3 or 4 seasons) of stability under a single vision and providing we survive this year there is a chance we might get one for the first time in ages.

We'll probably lose the next game but there will be easier matches than Boro so this is no time to even contemplate getting rid of NL.

49Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 14:00

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:That's an interesting theory but all of the evidence would say he did get to sign some players - because we did sign some players.

Ones that cost virtually nothing. All the ones he wanted, he was fucked off for.

The players we got, were off Lennons Z list.

50Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 14:02

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:The core of the squad has been stripped out. Each of the recent managers has arrived with a preferred system and so those players whose style suits the new system get promoted and those who don't get canned a la Eagles and the defensive mids. Each has also added one or two so it's as though our squad has been assembled in parts with no continuity or longer term vision - after all the lifespan of a BWFC manager is a short one so short-termism has been prevalent.

What we need is a lengthy period (3 or 4 seasons) of stability under a single vision and providing we survive this year there is a chance we might get one for the first time in ages.

We'll probably lose the next game but there will be easier matches than Boro so this is no time to even contemplate getting rid of NL.
I agree, 

Somebody needs to inform the board though, that regardless of stability and time, we will get nowhere without giving the manager a bit of cash. 

Success costs money, fact.

51Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 14:12

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:That's an interesting theory but all of the evidence would say he did get to sign some players - because we did sign some players.

Ones that cost virtually nothing. All the ones he wanted, he was fucked off for.

Who did he want but got 'fucked off for'?

52Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 14:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Who did he want but got 'fucked off for'?

Lewis baker is the only one I can think of

53Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 15:25

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There were a lot of matches early on under Lennon that we won but could easily have lost, and recently there's been matches that we've lost/drawn that with a bit more luck we would have won.

Obviously now that we're not getting the rub of the green so much, some blame has to be apportioned and the sort of decisions Lennon made early on that he was praised for are now the sort of decisions that he's being slated for.

Personally, I feel no different about Lennon now to how I did a couple months ago. But it's interesting to see how quickly people go from one extreme to the other. A lot of the people that wouldn't have a bad word said about Coyle or Freedman when each had us flying were the first ones to start a character assassination of them when it all turned to shit.

54Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 19:35

Bolton Nuts

Admin

doffcocker wrote:There were a lot of matches early on under Lennon that we won but could easily have lost, and recently there's been matches that we've lost/drawn that with a bit more luck we would have won.

Obviously now that we're not getting the rub of the green so much, some blame has to be apportioned and the sort of decisions Lennon made early on that he was praised for are now the sort of decisions that he's being slated for.

Personally, I feel no different about Lennon now to how I did a couple months ago. But it's interesting to see how quickly people go from one extreme to the other. A lot of the people that wouldn't have a bad word said about Coyle or Freedman when each had us flying were the first ones to start a character assassination of them when it all turned to shit.

Absolutely agree with this!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

55Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 22:06

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Freedman deserved everything got, piss poor manager who treated supporters like fools!!!!!!!!

56Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Tue Feb 24 2015, 22:09

bryan458 wrote:Freedman deserved everything got, piss poor manager who treated supporters like fools!!!!!!!!

You can criticise Dougie for a lot of things, but he's always been very dignified with the fans and club as a whole to be fair Bryan.

57Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Wed Feb 25 2015, 00:38

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:
bryan458 wrote:Freedman deserved everything got, piss poor manager who treated supporters like fools!!!!!!!!

You can criticise Dougie for a lot of things, but he's always been very dignified with the fans and club as a whole to be fair Bryan.
Absolutely correct.  He certainly was not a Megson. He has always acted dignified.

58Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Wed Feb 25 2015, 20:36

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Forest 2-1 up at home, having had 24% of the possession.

Is this what Dougie meant all alone by "controlling the game without possession"?

59Did Dougie deserve the abuse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did Dougie deserve the abuse? Sat Feb 28 2015, 13:17

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

When he was here Dougie was clearly out of his depth for a long time and I like many others said so vehemently and called for his sacking. I don't regret that in any way shape or form and I was and remain certain it was absolutely the right thing to do. 

But I bore and still bear Dougie no personal ill will at all. He did his best and it wasn't good enough. I don't know why it went so wrong for him but perhaps it was simply the wrong club and time. Whatever the reasons may be the fact is he is gone and while I am pleased with that fact I am not churlish enough to hope he fails everywhere else. Like Coyle before him I wish Dougie well and hope he finds somewhere that his style of management will suit and that he'll succeed. 

I have to be honest, I went to the Forest game and came away thinking that God sometimes has a rather warped sense of humour. But then again given what's happened to me personally over the last couple of years I probably should have known that already. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum