Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+31
Hip Priest
Leeds_Trotter
Dinae Moe Humm
Jamster26
Soul Kitchen
WhiteBic
Sgt. Bash
terenceanne
Bernard Dennis Park
Mr Magoo
Reebok_Rebel
Banks of the Croal
mark leach
Michael Bolton
BoltonTillIDie
Mo
largehat
Dunkels King
doffcocker
Quent
gloswhite
Angry Dad
xmiles
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 50]

21Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 13 2012, 13:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

Ouch you poor sod, that has to be up there with one of the worst things I have ever watched.

Well, thanks for not warning me. This is a thread where you tell other people what to watch and what to avoid.

Get it?

22Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 13 2012, 13:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Homeland starts on channel 4 9:30. Feb 19th.

surprised it's on so early it's got quite a bit of heavy swearing and nudity.

maybe it'll be cut to bits, which is a shame.

23Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 13 2012, 13:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Homeland starts on channel 4 9:30. Feb 19th.

surprised it's on so early it's got quite a bit of heavy swearing and nudity.

maybe it'll be cut to bits, which is a shame.

The ads don't give much away. Give me the gist of the plot in a few words please.

24Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 13 2012, 13:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's about an FBI Agent (clare Danes) who is in IRAQ and she's told that an American POW has been turned by terrorists.

within a couple of days they find a presumed dead American POW and bring him back to America to loads of fanfare. She believes he's a terrorist, obviously no one believes her.

25Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 13 2012, 13:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It's about an FBI Agent (clare Danes) who is in IRAQ and she's told that an American POW has been turned by terrorists.

within a couple of days they find a presumed dead American POW and bring him back to America to loads of fanfare. She believes he's a terrorist, obviously no one believes her.

Okay thanks, that sounds quite good.

However, if it's crap I'll have to kill you.

26Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 13 2012, 13:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not as good as The Wire or anything like that but i'd say it's as good as 24 and definitely the best thing out for a while.

27Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 13 2012, 13:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It's not as good as The Wire or anything like that but i'd say it's as good as 24 and definitely the best thing out for a while.

Now you're confusing things. The Wire was crap, 24 was brilliant.

28Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 13 2012, 15:38

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Battle: Los Angeles - my condolences.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

29Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 13 2012, 19:14

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I saw Ghost Rider last night. First time I had seen it and thorough enjoyed it. Must admit I actually thought it was made in the early noughties. I didn't realise it was made in 2007. At least the new film is out this Friday in the UK - hopefully it is as good, but knowing what sequels are like I somehow doubt it!

30Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Feb 19 2012, 20:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Episode 1 of Homeland is on Channel 4 tonight at 9.30pm immediately after The Hotel.

31Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 20 2012, 08:55

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Has anyone checked out Homeland yet? Best show that came out this year, Claire Danes.

Well I thought I would check this out last night on C4 and to be honest I wasn't sure what to expect but I really liked it.

Looking forward to next weeks episode. I don't think it would work if it was based in England though.

32Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 20 2012, 10:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It looked okay to me. No doubt there will be plenty of twists and turns because the producers are the same people who made 24.

33Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 20 2012, 18:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can see what Doffcocker means about having the box sets. We will be getting one episode of Homeland for many weeks to come because the box set is not due for sale in the UK till October.

34Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 20 2012, 18:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did you like it? I rewatched the first episode, fantastic IMO, Claire danes is terrific.

35Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 21 2012, 06:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Did you like it? I rewatched the first episode, fantastic IMO, Claire danes is terrific.

I did indeed. It's just a pain having to wait a week for the next instalment.

36Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 21 2012, 09:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't forget the 8 week break halfway through the series that has become the norm when Channel 4 or Sky show American shows.

37Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 21 2012, 09:58

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Don't forget the 8 week break halfway through the series that has become the norm when Channel 4 or Sky show American shows.

That is because we show them too close to the US showings of a typical TV season... In the US they seem to have 4 new epsidoes followed by 2 repeats then 4 new episodes and so on.... Very rarely do they show all 22/24 episodes consecutively (24 was a good example where they did show all episodes in consecutive weeks)

38Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 21 2012, 10:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

That is because we show them too close to the US showings of a typical TV season... In the US they seem to have 4 new epsidoes followed by 2 repeats then 4 new episodes and so on.... Very rarely do they show all 22/24 episodes consecutively (24 was a good example where they did show all episodes in consecutive weeks)

I don't know why UK tv execs are so desperate to show the programmes so close to their US transmission date. It'd be better if they waited until they had all the episodes and then started to show them.

39Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 21 2012, 11:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Homeland has finished it's first season there won't be a long break

40Film and TV review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 21 2012, 13:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's Big Fat Gypsy Wedding tonight! Can't wait!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum