Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+31
Hip Priest
Leeds_Trotter
Dinae Moe Humm
Jamster26
Soul Kitchen
WhiteBic
Sgt. Bash
terenceanne
Bernard Dennis Park
Mr Magoo
Reebok_Rebel
Banks of the Croal
mark leach
Michael Bolton
BoltonTillIDie
Mo
largehat
Dunkels King
doffcocker
Quent
gloswhite
Angry Dad
xmiles
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 50]

41Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 21 2012, 14:25

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

That is because we show them too close to the US showings of a typical TV season... In the US they seem to have 4 new epsidoes followed by 2 repeats then 4 new episodes and so on.... Very rarely do they show all 22/24 episodes consecutively (24 was a good example where they did show all episodes in consecutive weeks)

I don't know why UK tv execs are so desperate to show the programmes so close to their US transmission date. It'd be better if they waited until they had all the episodes and then started to show them.

They do that because they know if they didn't people would download them from the net, and then the programme, when finally shown won't get the viewers and then, in turn, would affect the price of commercials, or even the number of "true" commercials, during the programme.

42Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 21 2012, 14:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

They do that because they know if they didn't people would download them from the net, and then the programme, when finally shown won't get the viewers and then, in turn, would affect the price of commercials, or even the number of "true" commercials, during the programme.

Only Hipster does that.

43Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 22 2012, 19:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am toying with the idea of buying the box set of the first series of The Wire. Is it all it is cracked up to be or am I wasting my benefits?

44Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 22 2012, 19:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hated it.

45Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 22 2012, 20:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The Wire is the best drama series I have seen on TV. At first I resisted all the hype about it, then I struggled with the first few episodes but I am glad I did. Even better than the Sopranos. Go for it RT.

46Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 22 2012, 20:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:The Wire is the best drama series I have seen on TV. At first I resisted all the hype about it, then I struggled with the first few episodes but I am glad I did. Even better than the Sopranos. Go for it RT.

I struggled and gave up. Mistake?

47Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 22 2012, 20:08

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Honestly Nat it is worth the effort. I loved 24 too but that is a completely different kind of show. If you liked the Sopranos I think you will enjoy The Wire too.

48Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 22 2012, 20:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I am toying with the idea of buying the box set of the first series of The Wire. Is it all it is cracked up to be or am I wasting my benefits?

It's amazing.

my favourite show next to Six Feet Under.

Season 2 of it is utter perfection.

49Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 22 2012, 20:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ok. I am going to get it. I have enjoyed 24 and The Sopranos so it will be next on my list of things to watch before I die.

50Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 22 2012, 20:34

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Has anyone here managed to watch all three "Paranormal Activity" movies? The first one was quite creepy but I read a synopsis of the other two and chose to pass on them. Any feedback?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

51Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 22 2012, 20:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All utter balls.

the first one had one creepy moment, where he looks up the loft.

thats it.

52Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 22 2012, 21:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bought the box set of ' Band of Brothers' but haven't had chance to watch it yet. Anyone seen it ?

53Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 22 2012, 21:08

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:I bought the box set of ' Band of Brothers' but haven't had chance to watch it yet. Anyone seen it ?

It's good but it's not in the same class as The Wire or The Sopranos.

54Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 22 2012, 21:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Honestly Nat it is worth the effort. I loved 24 too but that is a completely different kind of show. If you liked the Sopranos I think you will enjoy The Wire too.

I gave The Sopranos about 10 episodes and didn't really enjoy it.

I prefer American stuff like Dexter, Law & Order, Burn Notice & Southland - all brilliant.

55Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 22 2012, 21:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sopranos was the dogs bollox. One of my all time favourites.

56Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 22 2012, 21:37

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:Honestly Nat it is worth the effort. I loved 24 too but that is a completely different kind of show. If you liked the Sopranos I think you will enjoy The Wire too.

I gave The Sopranos about 10 episodes and didn't really enjoy it.

I prefer American stuff like Dexter, Law & Order, Burn Notice & Southland - all brilliant.

Dexter I like, the others I've never really tried. The Shield and Deadwood are two others I enjoyed.

57Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 22 2012, 21:41

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:Sopranos was the dogs bollox. One of my all time favourites.

Then I'll be surprised if you don't enjoy The Wire. The first few episodes are difficult to get into but they made a lot more sense the second time I watched them. Yes I am nerdy enough to have watched The Wire twice and it is the only series I have done that with although The Sopranos were tempting, but life's too short for that - particularly when you are my age!

58Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 22 2012, 21:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've watched the wire through twice and six feet under through twice.

appreciated the wire even more the second time round, i used to think the second season wasn't great but second time it was a revelation. The best easily.

59Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Feb 23 2012, 10:26

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Cant see what all the fuss is about adle on the brits.
Cutting her off was a relief,the fat bint makes jordon sound like the queen.

60Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Feb 23 2012, 20:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good line up tonight.

Last episode of Inside Men on BBC1 at nine.

BBC2 9pm. This World: Japan-Inside the Meltdown.

New series of Kidnap and Ransom with Trevor eve on ITV at 9pm.

Four good shows all on at the same time.

Channel 4 9pm Dispatches: The Great Ticket scandal.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum