Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+36
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
Bread2.0
Sluffy
NickFazer
wessy
King Bill
finlaymcdanger
DEANO82
Bolton Nuts
Kane57
xmiles
whatsgoingon
MartinBWFC
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Barryjw
scottjames30
Fabians Right Peg
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
observer
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
40 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 38 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 50]

521Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:We could have lost every one of the five league games we've played so far but luck was on our side.

You haven't been to a single game so, as usual, your point is pointless.

522Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All these experts coming out of the woodwork claiming it's a joke that Woolery has been sold. From someone who actually goes to games, he couldn't even get in a side which is struggling for wingers and also couldn't displace Gary bastard Madine.

We've brought a much better player in in Ameobi.

523Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

but i do go to games Boggers and think Woolery will develop into a decent player. He has pace which always helps and i'm not sure if we have replaced that with the loan players
What has Ameobi ever done other than constantly go out on loan? No one ever seems to want to sign him up after his loan spells

524Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My Geordie mate says Ameobi isn't as bad as he's painted.
He seems to have a weird ability to come away with the ball despite the presence of two or three defenders around him. I've seen it myself.
Pretty remarkable considering his stick thin legs.
Might be a decent signing.

525Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:but i do go to games Boggers and think Woolery will develop into a decent player. He has pace which always helps and i'm not sure if we have replaced that with the loan players
What has Ameobi ever done other than constantly go out on loan? No one ever seems to want to sign him up after his loan spells

Well Ameobi played 39 out of 46 last season for Cardiff so he didn't exactly flop there. In fact Cardiff wanted to sign him up and Newcastle kept him as he's a good player at that level.

Unfortunately for him they've just splashed the cash on players

526Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:All these experts coming out of the woodwork claiming it's a joke that Woolery has been sold. From someone who actually goes to games, he couldn't even get in a side which is struggling for wingers and also couldn't displace Gary bastard Madine.

Yes, Wigan have bought him because he's rubbish :facepalm:

He was a raw talent who had potential. I still say he's a better bet than Clough to make it.

Laughable that you think Ameobi will be a better player despite never seeing him play.

527Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't get me wrong Boggers, on the odd time i've seen Ameobi play against us he has looked ok, bit gangly and awkward looking though. I hope he does well, i just wish we could have kept Woolery and let someone else go

528Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:33

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:All these experts coming out of the woodwork claiming it's a joke that Woolery has been sold. From someone who actually goes to games, he couldn't even get in a side which is struggling for wingers and also couldn't displace Gary bastard Madine.

Yes, Wigan have bought him because he's rubbish :facepalm:

He was a raw talent who had potential. I still say he's a better bet than Clough to make it.

Laughable that you think Ameobi will be a better player despite never seeing him play.

We didn't exactly fight to keep him did we.

You were claiming that Woolery was shit earlier, make your mind up. He's more suited to running events.

I've never seen Ameobi play? I've actually seen him a lot. He's skilfull, pacey, has a goal in him and most importantly has a lot of first team experience.

PP has planned for the here and now, the aim is promotion, we can't afford to keep hold of players that MIGHT come good.

529Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:we can't afford to keep hold of players that MIGHT come good.

We can when they're on low wages.

530Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
I've never seen Ameobi play? I've actually seen him a lot.

Define "a lot". He's started 11 games since 2014.

531Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
I've never seen Ameobi play? I've actually seen him a lot.

Define "a lot". He's started 11 games since 2014.

Let's just assume your stats are correct..

He played for a premier league club back then, for a young player it's very difficult to hold down a place on the starting 11. 

Anyway that's all besides the point, he has experience and has proved he is good enough

532Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:39

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:we can't afford to keep hold of players that MIGHT come good.

Why didn't we fight to keep him then?

533Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Why didn't we fight to keep him then?

Don't know how true it is but Iles says the FL (Football League) will only allow us to have 23 players in our squad and therefore somebody had to be let go to allow players in.

I guess once we decided who to keep (Spearing, Beevers, etc) and who had already gone (Wilkinson, Walker) and who we wanted to bring in - then there wasn't much choice in the matter - low wages or not.

534Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So basically we let Woolery go to accommodate for Ameobi. I guess Parky agrees that he's got a better player too

535Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I suspect the truth is much simpler - Wigan offered to double his wages so the player said he wanted to leave.

536Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 13:23

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Phil has his hands tied behind his back with the financial/embargo situation.  This is about the best he could do.....it's 4 more than I expected to be honest. I thought a backup goalie would be about it followed by the usual excuses.
Woolery was another one of our constantly developing players...such as Clough and Mavies.  Although I would have preferred to keep him the situation required somebody had to go.  Unfortunate but that's the way it is at the moment.
One day at a time...the next job is three points on Saturday.

537Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 14:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

538Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 14:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the point is that Parky has made it clear he wants to build his own team with players he trusts to do the job and who will play the way he wants - and now he's got it, so if you either trust his judgement or you don't.
If Parky doesn't reckon Woolery is worth keeping I'm surprised, but as Nat points out seeing the players "live" is the criterion for having good judgment (apparently)  and Parky has seen Woolery live a thousand times more than Nat has so his judgement should be spot on if you accept that criterion.

Mind you I know loads of people who go to every game and couldn't recognise talent if it sat on their faces. They just like to shout a lot.

539Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 14:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can we just have a moments silence and remember those plonkers that slated Ken and Co and branded them the anti Christ when they first arrived.

540Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 14:35

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:I think the point is that Parky has made it clear he wants to build his own team with players he trusts to do the job and who will play the way he wants - and now he's got it, so if you either trust his judgement or you don't.
If Parky doesn't reckon Woolery is worth keeping I'm surprised, but as Nat points out seeing the players "live" is the criterion for having good judgment (apparently)  and Parky has seen Woolery live a thousand times more than Nat has so his judgement should be spot on if you accept that criterion.

Mind you I know loads of people who go to every game and couldn't recognise talent if it sat on their faces. They just like to shout a lot.

I don't think he exactly wanted to get rid of Woolery...he had to because of the embargo etc. Also we needed a team to take a player off our hands. So we had to give up something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 38 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum