Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+36
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
Bread2.0
Sluffy
NickFazer
wessy
King Bill
finlaymcdanger
DEANO82
Bolton Nuts
Kane57
xmiles
whatsgoingon
MartinBWFC
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Barryjw
scottjames30
Fabians Right Peg
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
observer
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
40 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 39 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 50]

561Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 17:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:TBH I don't know what KA has done so far as regards financing the club, what he's done with the assets, who he's doing business with and what our current debt levels and commitments etc are. Are you suggesting that you know - because obviously you'd have to have a good understanding of these things before you could actually decide where we're at. If so, share it with us so we can all judge how it's actually going for ourselves.

Well you CAN tell things without actually being 'in the know'.

For example we've brought in more experienced players in the window than we let out - they need paying - and I would imagine that would be at a greater cost than if we simply kept our youngsters and brought no one in at the window.

This was all sanctioned under the FL embargo - so clearly they've seen the figures - and that not only can we pay the new players but also the rest of the squad (some still on Premier wages remember).

That must also mean that they are happy that we have the funds to do so for the rest of the season as well.

We also DIDN'T sell or get shut of any of better players such as Spearing, Vela, or Clough - so there doesn't seem to be an urgent need to do so - so if that is the case we don't seem to be in dire financial straights, otherwise we would have got money in for sales and/or got shut of some of the high wage players.

I would also hazard a guess that if the FL is keeping a close eye on our finances that we are probably not owing any outstanding money to Her Majesty's Revenues and Customs.

Wages are being paid both for players and staff at the club - which again suggests that cash flow is not currently a problem - which in turn suggests that there as been appropriate financial planning in advance - which again suggests that we are not winging it or having fire sales to cope.

There is also staff retention - people like the manager aren't walking out because the financial position is hopeless - he can't be on the large wages paid to the likes of Lennon or Freedman that were given under the Gartside stewardship of the club - thus less to lose by walking out if the position really was untenable.

Blumarble hasn't called in its loan, so they must be being paid.

Wages at the club were widely accepted to be around £1 million per month for this season - and with revenue mainly coming from Season Ticket and match day sales (no Sky monies anymore) - for those to be paid Anderson MUST be investing in the club personally because the £2 million from the sale of Holding plus gate receipts could not possibly fund the ongoing payment of wages and loan repayments.

Yes others could have loaned money to the club but I doubt any normal lenders such as the banks would have deemed it a good risk and the 'pay day loan' type company's would have wanted some sort of charge on assets such as Blumarble have - and there are no records of any such charges being taken on as per Company House records on the club.

Assets may have been sold but it was my understanding at the time that Eddie Davies left a debt of some millions of pounds on the books (I can't remember now was it something like £15 million or so?) to prevent such asset striping taking place without his approval.

All in all I have no knowledge of the clubs financial position personally but reading between the lines as best I can, it would seem to me that Anderson has personally stuck his millions into the club and seems to be going about it the right way to turn us around and send us in the right direction since Coyle relegated us.

562Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 19:00

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The above is all grand and things are looking better....based on no facts of course but seems that way.
But this doesn't explain the missing paperwork that needs to be filed to help get shut of this embargo in the first place. What exactly are they waiting for?  
We know it may be somewhat complicated but how can it be more complicated than any other football club in the country?
This is not a worldwide conglomerate here ..... something will remain suspicious until all this is cleared up IMO.

563Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 19:13

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I have something at the back of my mind that some of the paperwork was to do with before the club was bought and then the accountant left so it's probably a total rechecking exercise and probably sensitive commercial info. KA did say he's geeing up to get things sorted so we'll just have to wait and see. Now I'm not saying ED is still lurking in the background, but...

564Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 19:59

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:The above is all grand and things are looking better....based on no facts of course but seems that way.
We have just signed 5 players that's a fact
Everyone is getting paid that's a fact
We're not in administration that's a fact
They didn't downsize the academy that's a fact 
We're currently top of the league that's a fact

All this was checked and ratified by the FL too so they're obviously ok with how things are going. 
There's now 3 months to concentrate on getting the embargo sorted for the next window.

565Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 20:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
terenceanne wrote:The above is all grand and things are looking better....based on no facts of course but seems that way.
We have just signed 5 players that's a fact
Everyone is getting paid that's a fact
We're not in administration that's a fact
They didn't downsize the academy that's a fact 
We're currently top of the league that's a fact

All this was checked and ratified by the FL too so they're obviously ok with how things are going. 
There's now 3 months to concentrate on getting the embargo sorted for the next window.
There are some absolute positives coming out of this administration IMO so I totally agree but all the above have question marks hanging around them and that's because we simply don't know what's going on behind the scenes or how good our new players will be for us.
Hence my qualified enthusiasm for the signings - which generally point to a more attacking approach with width about which we'll find out more in the coming weeks - and a more cautious view of what the finances currently look like which we're not likely to find out more about for a while.
I really hope these signings and Parky's vision achieve their potential and we storm the league and build for the future but there is always the thought at the back of my mind that KA had to do some fancy dancing to keep us afloat and that usually entails a payback.

566Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 15 2016, 17:56

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Marc Iles wrote:Understand #bwfc close to a deal for former Blackburn Rovers U21 skipper Sam Lavelle. Looks a prospect.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
YOUNG Blackburn Rovers defender Sam Lavelle has confirmed he is leaving the club.

Rovers are yet to announce which of their under-21 players will remain at Ewood Park beyond the summer.

But Lavelle has taken to social media to reveal that his time at Rovers has come to an end.

The 19-year-old, who first joined the club as an eight-year-old boy, was a regular for the Academy side in the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons.

But he made the step up to the U21 team in the 2014-15 campaign and was on target in the U21 Premier League Cup semi-final victory over Reading.

Lavelle, who has represented Scotland at youth level, made a further 18 times for the development squad this season, but he will depart Rovers having never made a first-team appearance.

Lavelle said: “I’m very sad to say I’ll be parting company with the club I’ve been at since the age of eight.

“I’d like to thank everyone in and around the club that have treated me so well over the years and to the staff and fans who believed in me.

“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every single day of my 11 years at such a big club, I’m just gutted I didn’t get the chance I needed.

“I’ve made some friends for life and some memories I’ll never forget. I will always look out for Blackburn Rovers and wish the club and the town all the best in the coming years.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

567Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 16 2016, 22:28

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Young Lavelle confirmed. He had been training with us and confirmed via Twitter that he signed a contract. The other new player is Hyuga Tanner, also formerly of Blackburn.

568Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Sep 17 2016, 00:15

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Keegan wrote:Young Lavelle confirmed. He had been training with us and confirmed via Twitter that he signed a contract. The other new player is Hyuga Tanner, also formerly of Blackburn.

Again.....you're four and a half thousand miles away?

How the fuck do you get this stuff before we do?

Marc Iles lives in Bolton.

Finding stuff out about Bolton Wanderers is pretty much his whole job.

And presumably he gets well paid to do it.

But he's constantly behind you.

Wagwan?

569Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Sep 17 2016, 07:18

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Aw, shucks...  :drinks:

570Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 06 2016, 10:04

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

From today's Guardian

Bolton Wanderers are ready to give free agent Leon Osman a contract to end the football purgatory the midfielder has endured since being released by Everton at the end of last season.

Was always effective when I saw him play for Everton, surprised no one took him on

571Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 06 2016, 11:04

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

whatsgoingon wrote:From today's Guardian

Bolton Wanderers are ready to give free agent Leon Osman a contract to end the football purgatory the midfielder has endured since being released by Everton at the end of last season.

Was always effective when I saw him play for Everton, surprised no one took him on
It would take 3 months to get him match fit.

572Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 06 2016, 11:15

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:From today's Guardian

It would take 3 months to get him match fit.

....and probably wouldn't get a game then.
Are we getting too negative and depressed on this site?

573Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 06 2016, 11:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a creative and  experienced player, but I'm not sure he is what we need most of all at the moment unless Parky changes the system a bit.

574Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 06 2016, 12:13

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's 35, didn't realise he was that old.

575Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 06 2016, 13:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he was a decent player and it may be worth taking a chance on him this season, we are desperate for someone to give us a creative spark that's for sure

576Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 06 2016, 13:19

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Better than what we have now IMO.  He can help I would think.

577Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 06 2016, 13:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's getting on a bit.

578Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 06 2016, 14:48

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:He's getting on a bit.

So's Ibrahimovic- and we wouldn't turn him down

579Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 06 2016, 15:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never a great player, but could he be any worse than Trotter? Could he fuck.

580Transfer rumours ! - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 06 2016, 15:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:He's getting on a bit.

So's Ibrahimovic- and we wouldn't turn him down
Any similarity between Osman and Ibrahimovic is purely accidental. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 39 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum