Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump v May

+14
gloswhite
Norpig
terenceanne
Bollotom2014
boltonbonce
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
wessy
Bread2.0
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
Lard Lad
xmiles
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

81Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Fri Mar 24 2017, 19:59

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

82Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Fri Mar 24 2017, 20:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a shambles.

83Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Fri Mar 24 2017, 20:39

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The sad thing is though, he'll just blame this on the GOP and his lunatic supporters will all shout "Fuck yeah! Deep State Interference! Boo!"

And he'll just look wistful and say that he tried his best but it was all the fault of the fake press and "career politicians" who don't want change or Paul Ryan who didn't do a proper job and they'll all lap it up.

84Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Fri Mar 24 2017, 20:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trump v May - Page 5 Image

85Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Sun Mar 26 2017, 12:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I honestly don't know why Trump even attempted to push the AHCA through so early in his tenure and in the full knowledge that his own party weren't behind him.

86Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Sun Mar 26 2017, 15:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:I honestly don't know why Trump even attempted to push the AHCA through so early in his tenure and in the full knowledge that his own party weren't behind him.

Probably because he actually believes the bollocks he says.

87Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Tue Mar 28 2017, 16:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Having made such an almighty cockup in trying to push through radical immigration laws (failed!) swiftly followed by his attempt to dismantle Obamacare (failed!) the Donald has now turned his attention to another of his election pledges as he tries to "sweep away" Obama's environmental policies aimed at tackling global warming - which doesn't exist apparently. His oil, coal and gas backers are looking for payback although I suspect they'll be told to frack off.

BTW did anyone see the final of Celebrity Apprentice USA? Was Donald Trump really playing the blues harmonica?

88Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Fri May 05 2017, 12:52

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's starting.....thank fuck.

89Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed May 10 2017, 08:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

90Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed May 10 2017, 08:59

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We all know he's a dickhead who wouldn't know subtly if it smacked him in the face, but this latest move is incredible even for him.

He might as well have tweeted "Yeah, all that Russia stuff's actually true and I'm in it up to my neck" this morning. 

Does he really think he can halt the investigation with this clumsy, crass move?

We know he's no politician but this is a schoolboy error, surely?

And it's pointless anyway, because the Grand Juries are already formed and it's only a matter of time now.

Crazy....

91Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Fri May 12 2017, 11:36

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's starting.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/332991-fbi-raids-office-of-gop-consulting-firm-in-maryland

Anonymous sources within the US intelligence community are quietly suggesting that 3 Grand Juries have already been assembled and preliminary moves are being made behind the scenes.

Expect Paul Manafort to pop up, back from obscurity, soon and start spilling the beans on Russian money, Sessions, Flynn and Trump.

The word is that Mike Pence is also in it up to his neck, so we're looking at Orrin Hatch taking over the POTUS job once the fun finally starts.

Can't wait....

92Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Tue May 16 2017, 10:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

93Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Tue May 16 2017, 22:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its strange really. On the one hand, Trump becomes President, and presents a strong and determined face, giving people hope after the hopeless and ineffective reign of Obama.
On the other hand, he completely cocks it up, making one mistake after another, and, lets be honest, reducing the office of President to something that has even less standing than Obama.
The likes of China and Russia were really unsure of what was going to happen, and were prepared to give way a bit, instead he comes across as a complete idiot. He'll have to make amends fairly soon, and come up with sensible policies, otherwise this could be one of the worst political eras in America's history.

94Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed May 17 2017, 09:07

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:Its strange really. On the one hand, Trump becomes President, and presents a strong and determined face, giving people hope after the hopeless and ineffective reign of Obama.
Glos, can you explain to me how you view Obama's reign as "hopeless and ineffective?" 

His thwarted attempts to make the USA a more civilised place despite massive opposition from the neanderthals are evidently not to your taste 

You're clearly not comparing him with Trump in terms of a role model with honour, decency and statesmanlike qualities. 

I'd also like to hear how you justify the adjectives "strong and determined" to describe Trump, rather than the words that more readily spring to mind that define him as a nasty, transparent, rather simple liar, a bully and an ego-maniac.

The Donald is not bright enough to avoid being caught out time and again over his multiple gaffes, and has to resort to assertions of "fake news" and "it did not happen".

95Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed May 17 2017, 10:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Glos, can you explain to me how you view Obama's reign as "hopeless and ineffective?" 

Obama was a good and decent man, but what did he actually achieve? Being nice doesn't necessarily make you a great leader.

I'm guessing if you were a poor person in the US rather than a middle class Brit you'd look back differently at the Obama years.

96Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed May 17 2017, 11:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
okocha wrote:Glos, can you explain to me how you view Obama's reign as "hopeless and ineffective?" 

Obama was a good and decent man, but what did he actually achieve? Being nice doesn't necessarily make you a great leader.

I'm guessing if you were a poor person in the US rather than a middle class Brit you'd look back differently at the Obama years.
Considering the Republican majority in the Senate, he achieved far more than could ever have been expected, Obamacare and the environmental policies for energy production he introduced being prime examples. I expected everything he proposed to be rejected by the Senate, but he did incredibly well to get the measures he did past them.

As to what makes a good leader...Trump is a ruthless businessman with media savvy and that sure as hell doesn't make him a good leader.

97Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed May 17 2017, 11:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I believe Obama was an ineffective leader, especially when it came to foreign policy. He wouldn't say 'no', or stand up to, the arab, (or muslim, whatever) excesses that were accelerated during his time in office. It was only because of the American /threat/diplomacy that many possible conflicts in the area were being managed(ish). He also entered a dangerous treaty allowing a certain amount of nuclear freedom to Iran, and refused to commit his country to any kind of intervention in many sensitive topics or areas.. Due to his ineffective foreign policy thousands of people have died, all because the fanatics knew they could get away with their excesses as the American government stood back, (and allowing the Russians to step into the vacuum that was formed)
As a result of his Obamacare many average Americans are (were) paying more than was easily sustainable for their medical care than previously, (this was told to me by more than one American couple), and whilst they didn't mind paying more, what they were called to pay was excessive, and increasing all the time. it was too much, too soon, and is now about to collapse.
His dislike/disrespect towards the UK is reasonably well known(the Churchill bust incident rolled on for a while), and it would seen that his wife was, apart from a very arrogant woman, despite the media's support, quite the racist.
I don't know what life in the States is like, but I do have a few friends, of both political parties, who I stay in touch with, and when I read their comments, along with the media, I get the feeling that he wasn't very effective in the long term, and lets be honest, we haven't heard a lot about his presidency since he left, other than to changes that are in the pipeline, (not all that I agree with).
I never liked the man, and he did nothing to endear himself, as far as I am concerned.
As I stated previously, I didn't particularly want Trump to win, but I did want Clinton to lose, and though I didn't particularly like him, neither did I dislike him, (too much)

98Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed May 17 2017, 11:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:As to what makes a good leader...

Ask my employees. But let them finish licking my boots first.

99Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed May 17 2017, 12:05

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Glos: thousands more die DUE to intervention in other countries. Surely we have learnt that much! 

As for Obamacare, you seem to be taking the word of one or two American couples! The principle is surely right.

I find your comments on Michelle absolutely staggering. We're obviously looking at two completely different ladies here!

100Trump v May - Page 5 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed May 17 2017, 13:11

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Glos I don't necessarily agree with Obama's foreign policy but I find your statement "Due to his ineffective foreign policy thousands of people have died, all because the fanatics knew they could get away with their excesses as the American government stood back, (and allowing the Russians to step into the vacuum that was formed)" fairly extraordinary. As okocha has already pointed out thousands die when America does intervene and we are still living with the consequences of the disastrous invasion of Iraq.

In what way have thousands died that American intervention would have prevented without causing even more thousands to die?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum