Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-2 Bristol City

+21
Alf Hooker
Lyric Todkill
Bernard Dennis Park
aaron_bwfc
JonnyRandom
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
Spillthebeans
Keegan
terenceanne
karlypants
gloswhite
Sluffy
Bolton Nuts
Hipster_Nebula
WhiteBic
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Angry Dad
inf
BoltonTillIDie
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

81Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 18:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I see what you mean but it was the manner of the win and the whole performance, it was a huge improvement on recent months and in all honesty I don't think it would ever have finished 3-2 if OC was still here.

The players seemed to have taken on board what the team have told them in training and they actually seemed to play for them aswell which seems to have been missing for a while now.

82Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 18:33

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Reading twitter it sounds like a group of city fans were "up for a fight" after so that will explain the police.

They wrecked The Harvesters Arms and then went looking for a fight at Scotts.

83Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 18:45

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
gloswhite wrote:has SKD done anything in this game, ?

Immense in 2nd half

Yes. Well played Kevin Davies. Some great play for the goals in the second half.

84Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 20:01

You silly wankers, a lucky 3-2 victory over Shitol City and you think you're going to win the league! Two more goals conceded to add to the hundreds in recent months. Mid-table at best.

85Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 20:02

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

Don't know if anyone else was listening to 5live today or not but their commentator confirmed that Eddie Davis had pulled rank and over-ruled Gartside and told him to sack Coyle. Only 12 months too late but 'happy new pair of balls' Eddie

86Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 20:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Excellent game. Nice to see a bit of spirit. If we went 2-0 down under Coyle you expected to lose 6-0, but today I always felt we had a chance - but scoring before half-time was vital.

However, let's not kid ourselves we were any better in terms of footballing ability than we had been under Coyle. Same pisspoor defence, same missing midfielders, and same shit forwards who couldn't hit Bolton Hater's fat arse from a yard out.

I still expect to lose the next two games.

87Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 20:35

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

JonnyRandom wrote:I said at the game today when we were 2 goals down and im glad i was proved right, we did no way deserve to be 2 down. Their first was a crackin over head kick which i think caught everyone by surprise. 2nd was just a penelty. Nothing could be done about them 2.

Most of the game we were sat in their half being patient and waiting for a gap which was shown for the second and third goal. We looked organised and balanced throught. Only thing i think should be swapped it mears.

Plus it was odd to see our manager constantly stood up wearing pants instead of shorts!

Hopefully we will push on from here and if we can play the way we did we will be flying up the table.

Icing on the cake was their rioting fans at the end!! I counted 7 police cars flying past as i walked to me car!

Good post! I used to live on Hough Lane in Tyldesley btw.

88Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 20:37

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bloody hell Nat, you like to piss on peoples candles, dont ya SmileSmile

89Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 20:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Bloody hell Nat, you like to piss on peoples candles, dont ya SmileSmile

If it had finished 2-2 people would be saying "same old Bolton, couldn't beat crappy Bristol City". One goal isn't the difference between a good manager and a poor one.

From what I saw today the spirit was better, but the tactics hadn't changed much.

90Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 20:46

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

fair enough, but did you not see enough to be just a little more optimistic?

91Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 20:53

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Bloody hell Nat, you like to piss on peoples candles, dont ya SmileSmile

If it had finished 2-2 people would be saying "same old Bolton, couldn't beat crappy Bristol City". One goal isn't the difference between a good manager and a poor one.

From what I saw today the spirit was better, but the tactics hadn't changed much.

Wrong on this, our Nat

It was changed at half time. Something we haven't had in a long while

92Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 20:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Didn't see the match but from what I understood in the second half we played more a 4-2-3-1 formation with Petrov, Afobe and Eagles interchanging positions behind Davies.

If so Phillips, Lee, Darby have used more tactics in half 45 minutes than Coyle had done in his last two and a half years!

It's not really that difficult to try something different - why the fuck Coyle could never, ever change things (particularly when we were losing all the time) was completely and utterly beyond my comprehension.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

93Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 21:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not going to be brilliant over night.

and no one is getting carried away, we have 2 very tough games coming up which will show if JP can actually organise a team.

94Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 21:19

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

Sluffy wrote:Didn't see the match but from what I understood in the second half we played more a 4-2-3-1 formation with Petrov, Afobe and Eagles interchanging positions behind Davies.

If so Phillips, Lee, Darby have used more tactics in half 45 minutes than Coyle had done in his last two and a half years!

It's not really that difficult to try something different - why the fuck Coyle could never, ever change things (particularly when we were losing all the time) was completely and utterly beyond my comprehension.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Fuck me Jimmy Philips looks like that twat of a Burnley fan Alistair Campbell here

95Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 21:55

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Didn't see the game so can't comment to strongly ..... apparently though the new managers still think Mears & SKD are footballers and Sordell should not even be on the subs bench.

The blokes at the game are mostly saying the footy was better.... so I have to believe them.....keeping in mind we are playing not much above a pub team.

Let's see if other tweaks follow for the next game.

96Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 22:01

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

terenceanne wrote:Didn't see the game so can't comment to strongly ..... apparently though the new managers still think Mears & SKD are footballers and Sordell should not even be on the subs bench.

The blokes at the game are mostly saying the footy was better.... so I have to believe them.....keeping in mind we are playing not much above a pub team.

Let's see if other tweaks follow for the next game.

Sordell injured?

97Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 22:05

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Apparantly he was rested due to his under 21s involvement in the mid-week.

The switch of formation in the 2nd half, having Afobe, Pet and Eagles swapping caused their defence so many problems and it worked really well.

Obviously you can't get carried away but there were a lot of positives considering they only had worked with the team for 2 weeks.

98Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 22:09

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:1 championship game is on a week. I can't imagine ours will be picked.

Yep, it was Crystal Palace v Millwall at 1pm - which ended up a draw.

And in other news

Blackburn could only manage a draw, whilst Blackpool lost to Burnley (pity it wasn't a draw)

Now roll on The Football League show to see how we actually did.

99Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 22:15

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Just been reading Benik Afobes tweets and he has posted that he was given a free role in the 2nd half. That role seemed to have brought the best out of him, his best game of the season so far.

100Bolton 3-2 Bristol City - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Bristol City Sat Oct 20 2012, 23:09

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wherever there's a new manager, you usually get a "never would the old guy have done it quite like the new guy did it today" attitude from the fans.
It's not that I'm closed-minded to the possibility that JP is the right man to take the club forward. It would be highly ideal if it was the case, particularly from the owner and chairman's point of view, which is why they'll latch onto any justification of making it a permanent appointment. Evidence today that Phillips is any more clued up than Coyle is from my point of view very thin, but from the mood across the boards, I think they could announce him as the permanent successor to Coyle tomorrow morning and there'd be very few complaints.

Memories of OC being hailed a tactical genius after coming from 2 down to draw 2-2 at home to Blackpool, with two peach goals spring to mind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum