Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nottingham Forest 1-1 Bolton Wanderers

+25
Reebok_Rebel
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
MartinBWFC
chipbutty
terenceanne
Bolton Nuts
gloswhite
WhiteBic
Soul Kitchen
Keegan
Copper Dragon
JonnyRandom
Sluffy
Pistachio
NickFazer
Sgt. Bash
Leeds_Trotter
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
29 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton's next opponents are Nottingham Forest.
I am hoping for back to back victories here, to start our push up the league. The Play-offs are still reachable, but we need to start stringing victories together.

Forest's recent Championship form is LWDLLL = 4 Points
Bolton's recent Championship form is WLDDLW = 8 Points

Head to Head

We have played Nottingham Forest 83 times, Bolton winning 31 times compared to Forest's 30 times and 22 draws.
The last time the 2 teams met resulted in a 2-2 draw with our goals coming from Chris Eagles and Marvin Sordell. Extended highlights from the match below

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Forest are even worse than us, if that's even possible. If cautious Dougie goes there and plays for a draw I will not watch Bolton again this season. Why would anyone want to watch a football match where one team doesn't want to win?

However, if he goes there to win and plays Craig Davies from the start I think we can win.

The ball is in your court Dougie.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They've lost 3 on the bounce, they are not going to lose 4. And with the new manager effect I'm afraid I can't see us getting 3 points!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Given all the other threads about being 10 points off the playoffs/can we get promoted/building momentum and confidence etc. this is a "must-win" if any of it is going to happen.
I'd probably expect a home win or a draw under normal circumstances, but as there is so much hype and optimism around I'm hopeful that the performance is improved on the Burnley game and that we control the ball better and sneak a win.
My concern is that DF will continue with the tactic of trying to contain them for most of the game (rather than trying take it to them from the off) which is asking for trouble IMO. But we'll see on Saturday.
Head says 2-1, heart says 0-2.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Agree with you on this being a must win if we are to really make a play off push, we really need to put a back to back win together, if we can then I fancy us to nick something at Derby.

I think we will win 2-0, i'd go with sordell and CD up front aswell with Spearing and Pratley in midfield.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm hoping Billy Davies face looks like a smacked arse come 4.45pm on Saturday.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

All teams who are on a bad run seem to beat us, I think we will lose. Sad

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Forest are on a losing run and teams always halt those against us. Also, we don't do back-to-back wins.

I think we'll lose, and I'd take a draw if offered one now.

Sad, I know, but this is the life we chose when we declared our undying love for the Super Whites!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:Forest are on a losing run and teams always halt those against us.
It's true - we've turned many a team's fortunes around. Maybe DF is wise to this and uses it as a bit of extra motivation (as if our league position wasn't enough motivation)

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

At some point we need to win two on the bounce, Bolton win, Lee with the winner.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Does anyone know if it's pay on the day?

Pistachio

David Ngog
David Ngog

aaron_bwfc wrote:Does anyone know if it's pay on the day?

Don't expect too many tickets around, Forest fans seem to be eager to welcome Billy back. You saw him last week, of course, when he was checking out your side.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It isn't pal.

Pistachio

David Ngog
David Ngog

At the moment on the LTLF site 65% are going for Forest to win, 20% draw, 15% lose.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Pistachio wrote:

Don't expect too many tickets around, Forest fans seem to be eager to welcome Billy back. You saw him last week, of course, when he was checking out your side.

Hello and welcome Pistachio (or should I say fellow 'nut'!).

You mention 'your side', do I take it you are not a fellow Wanderer?

We already have a resident Burnley fan, so we don't bite.

(well not too often anyway! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What is it with these Clarets, they can't get enough of the wanderers.

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I just cant see a win. We'll be lucky to draw. If we win i'll be over the moon though! Problem is if we win and we get our first back to back wins some people will be like 'finally turned the corner! We'll definately get the play offs now!'

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Well that's my ticket booked and paid for, should be a good atmosphere if nothing else with the 2nd coming of Billy Davies.

Fingers crossed we can spoil the party!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JonnyRandom wrote:I just cant see a win. to draw. If we win i'll be over the moon though! Problem is if we win and we get our first back to back wins some people will be like 'finally turned the corner! We'll definately get the play offs now!'
I personally prefer that to the interminable doom and gloom.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
Pistachio wrote:

Hello and welcome Pistachio (or should I say fellow 'nut'!).

You mention 'your side', do I take it you are not a fellow Wanderer?

We already have a resident Burnley fan, so we don't bite.

(well not too often anyway! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

I would have thought that he's a Forest fan. When he says 'checking out your side' he probably means that Billy Davies was at the game on a spying mission as the caretaker manager took Forest's game against Bristol City.

So there Boggers. :flash:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum