Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nottingham Forest 1-1 Bolton Wanderers

+25
Reebok_Rebel
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
MartinBWFC
chipbutty
terenceanne
Bolton Nuts
gloswhite
WhiteBic
Soul Kitchen
Keegan
Copper Dragon
JonnyRandom
Sluffy
Pistachio
NickFazer
Sgt. Bash
Leeds_Trotter
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Pistachio

David Ngog
David Ngog

So, what about the game then

a) I had wanted and expected a win so the result was disappointing
b) We need to remember there are two halves, the game doesn't start 45 minutes in.
c) I was most impressed with Darlow on that unnecessary one on one. I didn't see if he was at all to blame for the equalizer.
d) Defence still needs a lot of work but wasn't as bad as I feared.
e) Great goal for us
f) We should really have had more but credit to their keeper.
g) The foul where some people called for a penalty was outside the area.
h) Bolton seemed to be pretty physical. I don't think they can complain about their lad being sent off. I don't think it was malicious but he had to go.
i) In SO'Ds day we passed the ball but went backwards. Today we actually went forwards.
j) What a difference it made in the latter stages when we used the wings and went round them. Let's have more of this.

In conclusion it was a well deserved victory for us but the score didn't go our way. I think the players will feel better about their performance.

P.S. Reidy was really unlucky not to sneak that free kick just inside the post.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Cocker, I can almost feel your exasperation with the way we are playing now, and I completely agree with you.

The game of football is very simple, that's why it is played around the world and the truly great players have come from the back streets of Brazil and Africa.

There is no great secret about the game. Learn to control the ball, play with both feet, have a trick or two and be brave and strong.

All this modern day stuff is just 'Arty Farty'.
My god, Lofty, TommyB, Chopper and the rest must be pi&&ing themself's when they hear this talk about 'Sitting in the hole', 'Leading the Line', 'Putting a Shift In'.

+

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pistachio wrote:.

In conclusion it was a well deserved victory for us.

I left after the final whistle, did we lose?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Pistachio wrote:

In conclusion it was a well deserved victory for us but the score didn't go our way.

Suspect Do you work for the same American newspaper that printed USA beat England 2-2 during the last World Cup?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a load of utter shite.

I decided to go to Forest as I was feeling a little bit of positivity after last week, don’t ask me why. As soon as I saw the teamsheet I wish I’d stayed at home and watched ‘Come Dine With Me’.

Why are we cursed with stupid managers? Notts Forest played two big central defenders so what does Dougie Coyle do? He fucking picks that stump Kevin Davies to be outjumped by them all afternoon. Kevin Davies is finished. It’s not his fault, it’s his age. But he’s finished as a force at this level and the quicker Dougie Coyle gets this through his fat head the better. We should have had two up front with a bit of pace – choose any two from Sordell, Cavies or Ngog.

This game was there for the taking. An early goal and the Forest fans would have been silenced. A bit of positive play was all it needed. But no, we gave one of the most negative, insipid 45 minutes I have ever witnessed following the whites. We are just rubbish. Players can’t pass, control or shoot. They don’t seem to have an ounce of confidence or talent.

The second half wasn’t much better. De Ridder looked shit, and when are people going to accept Chung Lee was a hit when he first signed but has been utter pants ever since. He is fucking useless and should be dropped. Once again the opposition going in front forced Dougie Coyle into an attacking substitution and once again it worked. I wouldn’t say we looked dangerous but at least we put a bit of effort in. The sending off was stupid, Alonso should be fined the maximum available for being a tosser.

All in all a pitiful performance and the players and manager should be ashamed. We have actually gone backwards since Coyle was sacked, the players look even more clueless right now. Coyle was a dick but at least he tried to win games even if it rarely worked. Mark my words, we are going nowhere under Dougie Coyle.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd love to argue with you on that but I can't, we've gone from ultra offensive to ultra defensive, no in between whatsoever.

Forest were typical of a team we have played this season, below average team but we make them look good by giving them all the room in the world until they get to the edge of our box then we put a bit of pressure on them. The amount of respect we show teams is unbelievable.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:What a load of utter shite.

I decided to go to Forest as I was feeling a little bit of positivity after last week, don’t ask me why. As soon as I saw the teamsheet I wish I’d stayed at home and watched ‘Come Dine With Me’.

Why are we cursed with stupid managers? Notts Forest played two big central defenders so what does Dougie Coyle do? He fucking picks that stump Kevin Davies to be outjumped by them all afternoon. Kevin Davies is finished. It’s not his fault, it’s his age. But he’s finished as a force at this level and the quicker Dougie Coyle gets this through his fat head the better. We should have had two up front with a bit of pace – choose any two from Sordell, Cavies or Ngog.

This game was there for the taking. An early goal and the Forest fans would have been silenced. A bit of positive play was all it needed. But no, we gave one of the most negative, insipid 45 minutes I have ever witnessed following the whites. We are just rubbish. Players can’t pass, control or shoot. They don’t seem to have an ounce of confidence or talent.

The second half wasn’t much better. De Ridder looked shit, and when are people going to accept Chung Lee was a hit when he first signed but has been utter pants ever since. He is fucking useless and should be dropped. Once again the opposition going in front forced Dougie Coyle into an attacking substitution and once again it worked. I wouldn’t say we looked dangerous but at least we put a bit of effort in. The sending off was stupid, Alonso should be fined the maximum available for being a tosser.

All in all a pitiful performance and the players and manager should be ashamed. We have actually gone backwards since Coyle was sacked, the players look even more clueless right now. Coyle was a dick but at least he tried to win games even if it rarely worked. Mark my words, we are going nowhere under Dougie Coyle.

Skd must never start again agreed. Freedman is as clueless as Coyle,that starting line up beggared belief,I dont care who you are lads and lasses that was a shock !! Lo and behold 45 mins without a goal attempt with SKD up front. Cavies and Ngog come on and goal between the two of them,if Alonso hadnt got sent off who knows but it doesnt hide little Dougies failings Im afraid ?? If Lennie Lawrence was brought in as an advisor hope it wasnt for team selection as the old boy is as deluded as his pupil.We are going nowhere when a manager can pick that starting 11,we are fucked !!!!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think it should be clear by now that Dougie likes to keep it tight, and play defensive away from home.

Something i seem to remember there being a yearning for when we used to go "gung ho" 4-4-2 with Coyle.
We can't afford to play one up front if as DF says we can still make the play offs, I think he has one eye on the play offs and two on relegation.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I knew there was something odd about him... 3 eyes ! Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:We can't afford to play one up front if as DF says we can still make the play offs, I think he has one eye on the play offs and two on relegation.

Correct! Our attacking players are much better than our defensive ones. We should play to our strengths. How many more times does he have to start with Kevin Davies before he realises it simply doesn't work anymore.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hello and a very walm welcome Triumph, glad to see you here and posting.

What are your thoughts on Freedman and the team, will we make the play offs or are we stuck here for at least another season?

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:Hello and a very walm welcome Triumph, glad to see you here and posting.

What are your thoughts on Freedman and the team, will we make the play offs or are we stuck here for at least another season?
I think in the end he will get there but for the life of me I dont understand his team selections at all, Did he bow to peer pressure yeterday in dropping Eagles? Bogdan played well but has been poor for the most, KD is an attacker best played when we need to defend a lead not as a lone striker, he has no pace at all he does however still have a nice touch and can create decent moves. Will we make the playoffs? No! DF is more concerned with staying in this division and wont take the risks needed to make the playoffs.

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Thought the game was awful to be honest, another poor display like all the others. We don't seem to be able to string two passes together anymore. We do seem to have a bit more spirit to be fair, but if we don't find some quality soon it's going to be a battle to stay up.

hello triumph, welcome to the site.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:hello triumph, welcome to the site.
Thankyou NSPJ, Very Happy

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I too think it was a mistake to go with Kevin Davies. If we wanted someone strong up top, but can also finish aswell as being fairly quick, then Craig Davies seemed like the obvious choice.

Freedman obviously likes us to "be in the game" after 60 minutes or so, then he throws the attacking players on, and we then look to go forward and win the game.

A good point though I think. Despite Forest's recent results, they have allot of attacking options and with the Billy Davies factor, we were always going to be up against it today but we defended well on the whole.

Four Points from two games is good. And with the run of quick games coming up, I'm very positive that we can make the late dash for one of the playoff places.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:I too think it was a mistake to go with Kevin Davies. If we wanted someone strong up top, but can also finish aswell as being fairly quick, then Craig Davies seemed like the obvious choice.

Freedman obviously likes us to "be in the game" after 60 minutes or so, then he throws the attacking players on, and we then look to go forward and win the game.

A good point though I think. Despite Forest's recent results, they have allot of attacking options and with the Billy Davies factor, we were always going to be up against it today but we defended well on the whole.

Four Points from two games is good. And with the run of quick games coming up, I'm very positive that we can make the late dash for one of the playoff places.

Hello Jamster, nice to see you're still positive about the whites!

I admit there's more fight in this team than under Coyle, but the players are still seriously underperforming.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Jamster26 wrote:I too think it was a mistake to go with Kevin Davies. If we wanted someone strong up top, but can also finish aswell as being fairly quick, then Craig Davies seemed like the obvious choice.

Hello Jamster, nice to see you're still positive about the whites!

I admit there's more fight in this team than under Coyle, but the players are still seriously underperforming.
The players are performing to the best of their ability ... Mavies is Mavis, SKD is SKD, Mears is Mears etc.... it's doesn't get any better than this.
Yes each one may have a better game now and again and some decent tactics will help but poor skill is poor skill ......
We get out played because the other team often has more pace, skill, moves faster etc. Our lads don't have a lot of quality and effort can only make up for so much. This is like stating the bleeding obvious.

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I don't think Mark Davies, Chris Eagles or Chung Lee have played to their potential, not by a long way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum