Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nottingham Forest 1-1 Bolton Wanderers

+25
Reebok_Rebel
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
MartinBWFC
chipbutty
terenceanne
Bolton Nuts
gloswhite
WhiteBic
Soul Kitchen
Keegan
Copper Dragon
JonnyRandom
Sluffy
Pistachio
NickFazer
Sgt. Bash
Leeds_Trotter
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"forest fans seem to be eager to welcome billy back"

Surely he would know if he was a fellow fan? He doesn't sound like one, to me atleast

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

'Surely he would know if he was a fellow fan?'

If you put it into the context of what he mentioned about tickets, then he's not going to be sure of how many Forest fans turn out.

There's one way to find out............. 'Notts' Forest (they don't like it when you call them that). Very Happy

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:
JonnyRandom wrote:I just cant see a win. to draw. If we win i'll be over the moon though! Problem is if we win and we get our first back to back wins some people will be like 'finally turned the corner! We'll definately get the play offs now!'
I personally prefer that to the interminable doom and gloom.

At least you'll never feel let down if you predict doom and gloom

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't blame anyone for being all doom & gloom.

Can you blame them after the utter shit that we've had to put up with since the wembley farce?! We are at our lowest as a club since allardyce left.

I was optimistic earlier on in the season but now I've given up, you know what they say about people who do the same thing with the same outcome over and over yet think it will change..

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I think we will win this game by the odd goal.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This is a tricky one, back to back win for us which must happen sooner or later, or new manager effect boosted by inside knowledge from an ex employee. Much as I'd like a back to back win I fear a draw is our best hope.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is another game where forecsating the result is pure guesswork - a bit like trying to work out which team Pistachio supports. I think the reason we're guessing is that whilst things are starting to look up a little with more players being available and the Burnley result was a step in the right direction, we haven't really played well enough to inspire unshakeable confidence. If we had put together a string of decent performances we'd all be feeling that there's no team to be feared.
Also, Dougie's preferred tactic of "containing" the opposition for long periods, especially in away games means that we are not committing enough forward to dominate play so invariably it's nervy rather than confidence building. Even if the results start to come it will still be difficult to feel totally confident going into games - we need the performances to go with it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Forest are there for the taking, their form is worse than ours. But of course we'll go all cautious and lose 2-0.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Forest are there for the taking, their form is worse than ours. But of course we'll go all cautious and lose 2-0.
You really can't go wrong with a prediction like that.
In the interest of balance, I'll revise my guess to 0-2. Away win and clean sheet. But if we score 3 or more I won't mind getting it wrong.

Pistachio

David Ngog
David Ngog

Natasha Whittam wrote:Forest are there for the taking, their form is worse than ours. But of course we'll go all cautious and lose 2-0.

Hi everyone, you're right, I am a Forest fan. Our results have been grim recently but a lot of that's been because the players have lacked confidence and so they've let the bounce of the ball go against them. They should have won more games, even recently, but it's been the case that the ball has been hitting the bar rather than going in.

But now we have Billy back. Probably the majority of fans are rabid supporters of him and the vast majority of the sceptics like myself still want him to do well.

I doubt that he's had time to instil his own systems of play yet but I'd be surprised if there's a single player tomorrow who hasn't got his chin up and chest thrust out. It would have been more interesting if it had been the ladies team but you can't have everything.

And by the looks of it, the City Ground might well be a cauldron tomorrow and that's going to put some steel in the players.

Despite it all a lot of us are still looking to the playoffs even though we are 9 points behind the Smoggies and even if we aren't straight out of the blocks the team are going to play until that final whistle.

Last time Billy was here a fan pointed out how well Forest did in the second half and asked if Billy did the half time talk. Billy agreed that he did, a bit smugly. "Have a word with whoever does the talk before the match then" said the fan, "he must be rubbish."

Billy's great value.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Pistachio wrote:Last time Billy was here a fan pointed out how well Forest did in the second half and asked if Billy did the half time talk. Billy agreed that he did, a bit smugly. "Have a word with whoever does the talk before the match then" said the fan, "he must be rubbish."

Haha - great anecdote there fellow. You're welcome to hang around and shoot the breeze with us although you support Forest - with a name like Pistachio, you'll fit right in with us Nuts!

Pistachio

David Ngog
David Ngog

Dougie's one of our old boys, of course, so I expect he'll get a good welcome.

But remember Dougie, you've got your part to play too. Throw the match.

Pistachio

David Ngog
David Ngog

Keegan wrote:
Pistachio wrote:Last time Billy was here a fan pointed out how well Forest did in the second half and asked if Billy did the half time talk. Billy agreed that he did, a bit smugly. "Have a word with whoever does the talk before the match then" said the fan, "he must be rubbish."

Haha - great anecdote there fellow. You're welcome to hang around and shoot the breeze with us although you support Forest - with a name like Pistachio, you'll fit right in with us Nuts!

Thanks. My first choice was Filbert (Hazel sounds a bit too feminine) but Leicester got there first and no-one wants a bin robber's cast offs.

The thing that people don't realise about Billy unless he managers your club is that he really tries to get supporters behind him. Obviously it's for his own purposes but its very flattering all the same.

Mentioning the vermin reminds me. A moment of culture for you. Bernie, Leicester's top man

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pistachio wrote:

But remember Dougie, you've got your part to play too. Throw the match.

Don't worry, throwing matches is Dougie's speciality.

6-0 Forest.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater wrote:6-0 Forest.

Did you count that on one hand?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Did you count that on one hand?

Very Happy

Pistachio

David Ngog
David Ngog

You'll be able to sing along to "City Ground, Oh Mist Rolling in from the Trent" tomorrow. Sung to the tune of "Mull of Kintyre" sung in honour of Paul McCartney who played a couple of games for us as an apprentice before giving it up for music.

That was the last anyone heard of him.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Paul who? king

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If we play like we did against Everton and the final 30mins v Burnley we will put them to the sword today. COYWM

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum