Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Derby 1-1 Bolton

+23
Lofty_Love
Keegan
rammywhite
Norpig
JonnyRandom
Tigermin
Mr Magoo
Triumph
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Sgt. Bash
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Jamster26
NickFazer
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Bernard Dennis Park
gloswhite
Sluffy
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

101Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 13:07

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:We should've won last night imo. It wasn't a great performance but it wasn't bad and we looked more threatening than them most of the game. Craig Davies looks like he could do a good job for us and I'd like to see him and Sordell start at the weekend. Kevin Davies did do pretty well when he came on btw. Won everything and was linking up nicely with Eagles. It's a shame we didn't get a second to finish the game when we were on top because you know we're always likely to conceed.

And one more thing...Jay Spearing should not be taking our set pieces.
Agree on Spearing, sadly I don't think we have a good dead ball deliver / crosser of the ball which is probably why he has been given the role.
Chungy has to be one of the worst crossers of the ball I have seen in a long while, never seems beats the first man.

102Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 13:20

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I just don't think we have good enough footballers to play a 4-4-2. They're not positive enough, they go backwards, they lose the ball, the game passes them by. If we're playing 4-4-2, one of them needs to be Holden and the other Kamara, but who knows how good either of them are at this point?

103Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 13:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But we were bookies favourites to win the league so we must be good!

::seething::

104Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 13:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Jamster26 wrote:I just don't think we have good enough footballers to play a 4-4-2. They're not positive enough, they go backwards, they lose the ball, the game passes them by. If we're playing 4-4-2, one of them needs to be Holden and the other Kamara, but who knows how good either of them are at this point?
I've seen most teams in this league this season and though some don't have stand out quality players, they all seem to be able to knock it around quicker on the floor and keep possession better than us.
I've lost count this season where our midfield have carelessly give the ball away by trying to just play a simple short pass.

105Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 13:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:But we were bookies favourites to win the league so we must be good!

::seething::

:facepalm:

106Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 14:39

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm beginning to think that Whittam is everyone else on here bar me. You're all nuts :biggrin:

107Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 18:12

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Not to worry, Ngog is going to Kiev soon, according to the papers.

108Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 18:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Mods Dont help by playing along with it either, they could easily prove im not but choose not to.

Too right. Sluffy should apologise.

I'm sorry!

Just for the record Rebel and Natasha are two different people (or they are the same person and have completely fooled me).

My monies on two different people.

109Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 19:04

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:I'm beginning to think that Whittam is everyone else on here bar me. You're all nuts [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm only me here (and everywhere else I am, for that matter) but I probably am nuts indeed. We keep a look out for people with additional accounts but when found, we just handle it quietly - the best referees are those that are not noticed in the game after all! Like a Star @ heaven

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

110Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 22:42

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

gloswhite wrote:Not to worry, Ngog is going to Kiev soon, according to the papers.

Hope he goes anywhere soon as he is wasted on us,get out as soon as you can lad and go somewhere you can flourish amongst people with a modicum of skill and talent and a manager and crowd that will appreciate you.

111Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 22:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:

Hope he goes anywhere soon as he is wasted on us,get out as soon as you can lad and go somewhere you can flourish amongst people with a modicum of skill and talent and a manager and crowd that will appreciate you.

Clueless. He's been with us for two years now and done feck all.

I've heard every excuse for this ponce, but the simple fact is you only have yourself to blame when you can't shoot straight, control a simple pass, or put a bit of effort in.

112Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 23:07

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Tigermin wrote:

Clueless. He's been with us for two years now and done feck all.

I've heard every excuse for this ponce, but the simple fact is you only have yourself to blame when you can't shoot straight, control a simple pass, or put a bit of effort in.
A half decent run in a team with someone with pace and vision to play alongside then lets judge him,wont be with us though.Lets stick with the magician SKD till he is drawing his pension . Remember those distant days past when we had CYL.Holden and Mavies playing together,what they could do for us now with two up front,no effing chance though is there Douggie

113Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 23:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:
A half decent run in a team with someone with pace and vision to play alongside then lets judge him,wont be with us though.Lets stick with the magician SKD till he is drawing his pension . Remember those distant days past when we had CYL.Holden and Mavies playing together,what they could do for us now with two up front,no effing chance though is there Douggie

Ngog is not the answer. How many times does he have to fail before you will understand?

114Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 23:15

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Tigermin wrote:

Ngog is not the answer. How many times does he have to fail before you will understand?
His goals to minutes ratio to Skd ffs for a start,the ability to hold and control the ball until help arrives,distribution and promising partnerships with Sordell and now Cavies. He has never had an extended run in the team ffs . Enough anyway, Skd and Pratley are the way forward !!!

115Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 23:22

Bolton Nuts

Admin

A Mod is stepping in:

Natasha Whittam and Reebok Rebel are not of the same ip address. So unless they are going to some trouble to beat the system they are not the same poster.

116Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 23:26

Bolton Nuts

Admin

On the derby match...

Despite the radio commentator telling us how positive he felt that we could win he seemed to think it was pretty much one way in the second half.

At one point he said "It's all Derby" and "Derby are the more likely to get a winner" and "The equaliser had been coming for ages".

He also referred to multiple Bogdan saves. A clearance off the line. A large number of Derby corners and shots. It definitely sounded like we were under the kosh for long periods on the radio...

117Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 23:35

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Also

Nigel Clough said: “At 1-0 down I’m delighted to get a point but we deserved all three. It’s just unlucky they got the own goal."

"We are sitting here with three points from our last four matches but we could quite easily have nine or 10."

BBC said "Derby were on top" and "sensed a winner which almost came" but for another Bogdan save.

Freedman said, "It wasn't good enough for me".

So not everyone thought it was an even game or an ok performance from Bolton.

118Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 23:37

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tigermin wrote:

Hes had 59 appearances for us, scoring 9 goals. For comparison Sordell has had 17 and scored only 3 fewer goals.

Sordell has had the exact same support and partners.

Even Afobe scored 3 goals for us, and he was bloody crap.

119Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 20 2013, 23:59

Biggie wrote:Also

Nigel Clough said: “At 1-0 down I’m delighted to get a point but we deserved all three. It’s just unlucky they got the own goal."

"We are sitting here with three points from our last four matches but we could quite easily have nine or 10."

BBC said "Derby were on top" and "sensed a winner which almost came" but for another Bogdan save.

Freedman said, "It wasn't good enough for me".

So not everyone thought it was an even game or an ok performance from Bolton.

There was a spell in the second half up to their goal when they put pressure on us, it was hardly getting battered, it was an open game in which they definitely carved out more clear opportunities but we certainly weren't camped in our own half we came forward ourselves, Sordell had a goal ruled out and Derby cleared off the line.

Im not saying it was the best performance, but it certainly wasn't defending for our lives all game, people are trying to make out we got battered by Derby and it wasn't the case.

On your quote, Freedman actually said, "There's more in us. People might think this is a good result for Bolton, but it's not quite good enough for me." This is clearly how he feels about the result itself and how he wanted more from the game he's certainly not saying he thought it was a poor performance as the way you wrote it suggests.

120Derby 1-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 22 2013, 10:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Derby were the better team in the first half and Bogdan kept us in the game with some decent saves. I thought the second half was pretty even but after we scored our first goal we definitely needed a second to put the game to bed.

Dawson put in another rock steady performance and I wish we had him permanently. Craig Davies handled himself well. More mobile than SKD and certainly got goals in him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum