Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stoke 2-2 Bolton - Bye Bye Premier League!

+24
chipbutty
Dunkels King
Bolton Nuts
Spirit of 58
Spillthebeans
The Miserable One
bwfc71
Michael Bolton
doffcocker
Keegan
TheHateCamel
Hipster_Nebula
jayjay23
Mallorca Trotter
CEF
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Lofty_Love
largehat
Sluffy
28 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well will we do it?

Last edited by Sluffy on Sun 13 May - 23:19; edited 1 time in total

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We were 13/8 to win when the betting market opened - Stoke 13/10.

Remarkably we are now bookies favourites at 7/5. Clearly someone is backing us.

I rate our chances at 1 in 3.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yes 0-2

I don't think it will be easy and the scoreline will flatter us, apparently Stoke just couldn't finish against QPR so thats why ive gone for a clean sheet.

I actually think this is one of the best teams that we could have disastrous Knight playing, he can't read a game for s@~t but he is strong and wins most aerial battles, need that for Crouch because for instance a Ream Boyatta/Ricketts pair just isn't strong enough for Stoke.. still rather Wheater though.

Line up:
---------------------Bogdan---------------

Steinsson/Riley---Ream---Knight---Ricketts

---Chungy--Eagles--NRC--Petrov---

----------SKD--N'gog----------

We do best under 4-5-1, have all season BUT Stoke don't have a strong midfield, we need to win, and we have Chungy back who won't give away the ball like Eagles does on the wing, so I would risk a 4-4-2.

Game Tactics:

If Chungy gets tired bring on Vela for Chungy and push Eagles to the right.

Bring of Vela for SKD at 60/70 mins if winning and put Eagles just behind the striker.

Not winning at 60 mins bring on Klasnic for SKD.

Not winning at 70/75 mins bring on Sordell for Steinsson play 3-4-3 and pray.

Stoke are strong at home, But its still Stoke, WE beat them 5-0, we can win this.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan did it last year so who is to say that we can't ? Our back five will probably be Bogdan, Boyata, Ricketts, Ream and Knight. Can they withstand the aerial bombardment to the likes of Crouch, Jones and Huth ?

What about our midfield ? We know NRC, Mark Davies and Eagles are a shoe-in but will Petrov be fit in time ? Is this really the game to play Chung Yong Lee ?

Up front we will probably start with Kev and Ngog with Klasnic on the bench. We probably have to go 4-4-2 because we need to score.

It's either going to be a joyous occasion or a damp squib.

I'm going to let my heart rule my head and go for 2-1 to the Wanderers.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Pratley returns and scores winning goal - but it doesn't matter as QPR get a draw and ManU win the title. Evil or Very Mad

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Nothing they have shown this season to me suggests that they can deal with this kind of pressure. Much as i hate to say it but i fear they will blow it and so will coyle with his tactics and subbing. Stoke wont roll over and have no pressure and will be comfortable winners.I would love to see us stay up and city win the title there will only be one set of fans happy on sunday and their team plays in blue. That said i am hoping for a miracle and will be pissed out of my head before the start.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seen it all before. We'll let in an early goal and go on to get thrashed 4-0.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Honestly this game has draw written all over it. Probably 1-1. Let's see Coyle take the positives out of that.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm with xmiles on this, for me it's going to end in a draw and us not being able to create enough chances to kill the game off when we go 1-0 up.

Coyle would be a fool to start Lee IMO, he obvously isn't 100% match fit and with it being the biggest game of the season I sumply wouldn't risk him.

I really want to say we are going to win but I can't see it unless Stoke really take their foot off the gas.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone got a spare ticket? I'm really struggling to get hold of one for this game so any ideas greatly appreciated.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust, there seems to be a lot of people in the same boat. A lot of us have got tickets in the Stoke end.

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

We can do it. Will we do it??????

Cons : Britannia a tough place to go for any team. Our record there isn't good. Our confidence is low.

Pros : Stoke maybe already on holiday. Our away form is better than home this season. We beat them comfortably at home.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:We can do it. Will we do it??????

Cons : Britannia a tough place to go for any team. Our record there isn't good. Our confidence is low.

Pros : Stoke maybe already on holiday. Our away form is better than home this season. We beat them comfortably at home.

Wow, a positive Bolton fan!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jesus, it's Phil Gartside's repographic technician. Where did you pop up from CEF?

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

largehat wrote:Jesus, it's Phil Gartside's repographic technician. Where did you pop up from CEF?

I saw the article on ja606 and thought I'd have a look. Lots of familiar names on here, plus a few blasts from the past. Smile

does CEF stand for something?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

CEF wrote:
largehat wrote:Jesus, it's Phil Gartside's repographic technician. Where did you pop up from CEF?

I saw the article on ja606 and thought I'd have a look. Lots of familiar names on here, plus a few blasts from the past. Smile

Copiers Efficiently Filled

or

Copy Email Fax

CEF was bragging about inside knowledge at the Reebok once, and it emerged he does some hi-tech networking or something for the club. This later got manipulated into him filling up the photocopiers with paper Very Happy

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

It's my initials Jayne. But over time, on 606, they have stood for other acronyms !!

p.s. The ladies on here are stunning, eh LH !!!!!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

CEF wrote:It's my initials Jayne. But over time, on 606, they have stood for other acronyms !!

I knew Trigger would get excited about certain avatars, because he's a bit slow on the uptake at times, but I'm disappointed in you CEF.

A word to the wise my friend. There's a world of difference between a good looking avatar and an actual fit bird on a forum.

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

CEF wrote:It's my initials Jayne. But over time, on 606, they have stood for other acronyms !!

Bloody Hell, are you and Rebel acting like we have never seen a female Bolton Fan before!!

Down boys.... Nice and cool Trig..... I think we're in here..... affraid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum