Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Enrich-ing the squad on a shoestring

+10
JAH
Sluffy
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
Bwfc1958
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
wanderlust
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It all lands at Megsons feet! He put us in this mess!!!!!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the key phrase is "obviously I've no idea what's happening inside the club".

They'll find the money for the right players, I still think Le Fondre will end up in a Bolton shirt come August/Sept.

Negative twats!

Natasha Whittam wrote:I think the key phrase is "obviously I've no idea what's happening inside the club".

They'll find the money for the right players, I still think Le Fondre will end up in a Bolton shirt come August/Sept.

Negative twats!

Fucking happy clapping fool......

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Insulting. I've never happy-clapped in my life.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bet sluffy and breadman are doomsday preppers

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

That's what they are going to build in that car park we sold. A massive underground bunker!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Garty will find some cash from somewhere, he always does when the pressure is on.

We'll be a mid table championship side until we're sold, and that's the quality of squad we have at the moment. I was listening to the Press Pass on Talk sport yesterday and they spoke about Ranieri getting the Leicester job, they were surprised as apparently Lennon was about to talk to the Thai owners. Obviously we knew he'd be interested, but I think he's worked out how fucked we are and will be jumping ASAP. Shame really, as with a bit of backing he'd do well here. 

Personally I can't see us getting relegated, and I do think we'll get a couple more in before the window shuts, but overall looks like it will be a similar season to last. 

By the way is it fact the Warburtons had to pay the wages? Sounded like bollocks to me.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:By the way is it fact the Warburtons had to pay the wages? Sounded like bollocks to me.

What is fact is that Bret Warburton (iirc) as a director of the club, put £2 million into it in two instalments (two consecutive months) around the start of this year.

This was from the accounts.

The investment was secured against assets.

My guess was that this was to help cover cash flow - that is the club didn't have the cash in the bank at the time it was needed.

This is not unusual as few businesses have money flowing in and money flowing out equally throughought the year.

Usually the biggest monthly expense are the wages.

So it is quite probable that Warburtons £2 million did help pay the wages to a greater or lesser extent for those two months.

Maybe the banks - who have provided money for cash flow in the past - didn't provide the service this time?

Just my thoughts.

Interesting, thanks Sluffy.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ongenda on loan seems a good way forward even though he's tiny and not massively prolific but my worry is that loaning PSG players may be an expensive business. Still it's better than doing nothing.

Hopefully NL will have an innovative solution for FB.

wanderlust wrote:
Is he using Facebook to sign players?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Having read the latest news articles it's fairly clear there isn't going to be too much to get excited about in what remains of the transfer window. The implication is that we'll be trying to shed a few more players - no names mentioned - and trying to get a GK, RB and another striker.
Striker could be Ongenda I suppose - or Dobbie.
Struggling to understand why are we in the position of having to look for a back up GK and worse still having to spend some of limited resources on one.
RB is crucial if we're stuck with Moxey or Ream at LB.

But more than anything else, I'm wondering why we've waited until the season is practically upon us before selling? If we have to sell Vela or Clough or both and can expect decent money, there won't be much time to spend it on the squad. Perhaps the money is earmarked for debt reduction?

Surely players like Medo, Trotter and Spearing need to shape up or ship out so that Neil can formulate his midfield and/or cut the wage bill further?

Not sure whether we're just stuck with basically what we've got i.e half the team that nearly got us relegated last season plus Derik, Madine and a bunch of kids that still have to prove their worth or if there's still the opportunity to do some wheeling and dealing to try to put together a squad that can survive.

I need some good news to lift the sense of doom that has emerged from the pre-season debacle.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Barb Dwyer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Well at least my 5 year old likes your avitar, Barb.

'that skelington is making funny moves'

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Yeah but enough of what you said to your lad, what did he say.....? Very Happy

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Yeah but enough of what you said to your lad, what did he say.....? Very Happy

lol!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking at the signings to date, Facebook could be a good option.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has anyone seen Wilson play? I've only seen him on telly playing for Stevenage once and Charlton once - he looked "competent" - which is pretty much all we can expect I suppose.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Has anyone seen Wilson play? I've only seen him on telly playing for Stevenage once and Charlton once - he looked "competent" - which is pretty much all we can expect I suppose.

He looked solid against oldham, I think he'll be reliable at the very least

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum