Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Billionaire banker wants us now

+23
bryan458
Reebok Trotter
FullofSprite
Bwfc1958
dubzee
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
Mr Magoo
scottjames30
Banks of the Croal
gloswhite
Norpig
doffcocker
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Cajunboy
Numpty 28723
wanderlust
Bollotom2014
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
JAH
Boggersbelief
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

101Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FullofSprite wrote:So when do you think this billionaire will make his bid? All that has happened is he has announced he's going to bid and it's taken him time to get a "team" together (consortium???).

Is he doing this through the papers to get fan support for his bid and pressure ED into selling?

My thinking is ED will turn bid down and next day he'll buy Everton. Then they're premiership champions within 2 years leaving Wanderers fans thinking about what might have been

He won't make a bid, this story is invented just like all "interest" so far.

102Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:So when do you think this billionaire will make his bid? All that has happened is he has announced he's going to bid and it's taken him time to get a "team" together (consortium???).

Is he doing this through the papers to get fan support for his bid and pressure ED into selling?

My thinking is ED will turn bid down and next day he'll buy Everton. Then they're premiership champions within 2 years leaving Wanderers fans thinking about what might have been

He won't make a bid, this story is invented just like all "interest" so far.

In your opinion

103Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes.

104Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:09

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yes.

How will you feel if he buys the club?

105Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:10

What do you mean "if".....?

The word is "when".....!!  Shocked

106Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If it's about genuine investment and growing the club, delighted.

107Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

noticed a comment on the boltonnews site about Tamraz being around for months "preparing a deal". He's a billionaire, he probably has £8million under his bed.

What's the hold up?

108Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:15

Iles has blocked me on Twitter for pointing out that he'd been gazumped by his own paper on this story...... :banned:

The soft twat...! ::dance:: :rofl:

109Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:noticed a comment on the boltonnews site about Tamraz being around for months "preparing a deal". He's a billionaire, he probably has £8million under his bed.

What's the hold up?

Maybe it's not a genuine story.

110Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:noticed a comment on the boltonnews site about Tamraz being around for months "preparing a deal". He's a billionaire, he probably has £8million under his bed.

What's the hold up?

His representatives have given an interview

111Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:29

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

What's the hold up?
He's not a billionaire for nothing. He wants to spread the risk, therefore he needs others to come in with him. He also has other things on his mind like buying back an old oil field.

112Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

What's the hold up?

... or have they

113Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:42

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Breadman wrote:Iles has blocked me on Twitter for pointing out that he'd been gazumped by his own paper on this story...... :banned:

This is quite the battle between you and Iles. Soon you will have no way to take the piss out of him at all as you'll have got yourself banned everywhere. You're gonna have to start sending him letters through the post made of letters cut out of newspaper stories like a ransom note. I'm surprised you're still on the bn comments. Good luck Riggins, keep up the good work.

114Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

What's the hold up?

... or have they

Yep

115Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:55

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

To me this has the reek of salty bollocks about it. If this guy wants to own a sports outfit there are many in America that would attract him. Don't get too depressed when this all falls off the radar in a couple of days

116Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 20:01

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:Iles has blocked me on Twitter for pointing out that he'd been gazumped by his own paper on this story...... :banned:

Have to organise an Iles Tweet-in and complain about the harsh censorship that BN is visiting on it's readership. Wouldn't happen in Russia...oh hang on.

117Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 20:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:To me this has the reek of salty bollocks about it. If this guy wants to own a sports outfit there are many in America that would attract him. Don't get too depressed when this all falls off the radar in a couple of days

We are his gateway to the uk.

118Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 20:15

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Energy bod, could be the fracking licences. Already mentioned elsewhere.

119Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 20:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

When you think about it, saving  one of the original teams from extinction, would prove to be a very good, and relatively cheap, PR exercise. But I still don't believe it.

120Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 6 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 21:38

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As I understand it the story says the bid is ready now and that it's been prepared over the last few months. In my opinion if that's true then it's exactly the way it should be done, a careful inspection of the books and assets plus the revenue streams versus the liabilities before determining if a profit can be made and if so how. Frankly this guy sounds like a competent businessman and if he wants in I'd much rather see him in charge than the supposed and as yet not even legally existing supporter's trust. As Manda rightly pointed out some time ago running a multi million pound business isn't something a few average joes can do over a couple of beers in barnstormers. 

Add in that he seems to have the money available to run the club after buying it as well and I really think this may be the best thing that could happen to BWFC (assuming the story is true and the bid is real). However, given the links between the 'steering committee' of the ST and both ED and PG I fear it may not matter because it's starting to look like Eddie wants to do a deal with his cronies regardless of what anyone else might put on the table. 

I know that's just speculation on my part but at this point it's pretty much all we can do thanks to the continuing and ever more suspicious silence from the club itself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum