Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover

+29
Chairmanda
Cajunboy
Diadora
rammywhite
luckyPeterpiper
Mr Magoo
FullofSprite
doffcocker
gloswhite
Moses Gate
Leeds_Trotter
Candle Coal
wessy
Fabians Right Peg
Sluffy
Banks of the Croal
scottjames30
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
observer
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
MartinBWFC
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 21]

381Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Thu Mar 03 2016, 14:59

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

what twitter account is this, '74?

382Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Thu Mar 03 2016, 15:08

Just here Manda -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

383Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Thu Mar 03 2016, 15:32

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

thanks, interesting reading

384Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Thu Mar 03 2016, 15:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Suspect the ST are behind that account. Shady stuff.

385Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Fri Mar 04 2016, 13:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DONE DEAL. According to Twitter

386Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Fri Mar 04 2016, 13:26

According to who on Twitter?

What you've just posted is like saying: "Deal done. According to the internet."

387Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Fri Mar 04 2016, 13:56

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sorry boggers but I don't think anyone will really believe it until the club itself and the Football League make an official announcement. Iles, Nixon and Twitter have all been way off base far too often for anyone to give them any credibility now. 

Personally I'm very worried now. I believe the deal won't go through and the court won't be at all of a mind to grant us an adjournment because we already had that one on the basis that a deal was more or less complete. I still think Birch's body language and tone when he was leaving court were highly significant, that he knew this was a dodgy deal and was hoping against hope that something else would come along to sort it out at the last minute. 

I think we're at that last minute now figuratively speaking and if ED has moved the goalposts again or SS just didn't have the money in the first place we are royally screwed.

388Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Fri Mar 04 2016, 15:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One bloke on twitter said it was done, Iles has said it's not.

plenty of questions to be asked whatever happens lets face it.

389Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Fri Mar 04 2016, 16:10

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Potentially big few hours ahead. Takeover has boiled down to single issue - security over debt ED is leaving in. Deal or no deal. #bwfc

390Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Fri Mar 04 2016, 16:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

can someone explain in plain english why he is leaving £15million in debts in the club? I can't fathom it at all

391Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Fri Mar 04 2016, 16:16

Because he's a mental, greedy knob.

392Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Fri Mar 04 2016, 16:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Because he's a mental, greedy knob.
Very Happy

393Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Fri Mar 04 2016, 16:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:can someone explain in plain english why he is leaving £15million in debts in the club? I can't fathom it at all

I think it is to prevent asset stripping by the new owners.

My theory is Davies could take £15 million now by selling the remaining assets - but that would leave no club left really.

A new owner could say they would not asset strip, blah, blah, blah, and then asset strip as soon as they get their hands on the club.

By the club still owing to Davies the value of the assets left, the new owners could not asset strip as any money they get would have to be used to pay off Davies loan (which I assume is secured against the assets).

If my theory is correct Davies should actually be lauded for ensuring the immediate future of the club under the new owners and not abused to high heaven as he currently is.

Yes I know the club crashed and burned under his watch but he could sell off all the remaining assets left for his own benefit rather than doing what is probably best for the club than himself this time.

That's my thinking anyway.

394Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Fri Mar 04 2016, 16:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Think you're spot on sluffy

395Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Fri Mar 04 2016, 16:39

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Who actually owns the hotel?

Has it been sold or is it still part of the deal?

396Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Fri Mar 04 2016, 16:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Iles on that guessing game again.  Laughing

397Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Fri Mar 04 2016, 16:41

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I reckon your right Sluffy. A good safeguard. if it doesn't cock up the whole deal.

398Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Fri Mar 04 2016, 16:55

What are these "other assets" that Saint Eddie could be selling off if he wasn't such a great bloke?

The stadium?

How would that work?

The hotel?

That's the only bit that's still making money, so if he flogged that, he'd be even further in the hole for finding money to pay wages and keep the lights on.

And anyway, if he did, there'd be a riot and the (very thin) veil of "I'm doing this in the best interests of the club" that he's hiding behind would have to be well and truly abandoned and that would mean the end of his Presidency.

This £15 million's got nothing to do with "protecting" the club, it's all about how much he can squeeze out of the club before he finally gets hounded out.

399Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Fri Mar 04 2016, 17:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is "saint Eddie" the new "thanks Owen" ?

400Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover - Page 20 Empty Re: Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Fri Mar 04 2016, 17:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There definitely wouldn't be a riot. Maybe one or ten chavs outside the ground though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum