Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING NEWS - Boris WON'T be Prime Minister!

+15
bwfc71
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
karlypants
Lard Lad
Soul Kitchen
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
whatsgoingon
xmiles
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Sluffy
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wasn't it Boris who pointed out that we'd be fine after the referendum and everyone will give us a favourable deal because Britain has the fifth largest economy in the world?

And within three days of the referendum the brexiters had managed to turn Britain into the sixth largest economy on the world?

That would be a decent reason for not standing IMO.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Does anyone take him seriously Sluffy?

Thought he did OK on "Have I Got News For You" TBF. 

Maybe if he did "I'm a Celebrity" that would seal the deal for the voting British public?

Clearly not getting the "I'm a Celebrity" gig has done for the fat scarecrow.

That and being a traitor to his country. A lying, back-pedalling traitor at that.

I agree with those sentiments-he's convinced millions to vote leave on the basis of half truths ,assertions and a bloated sense of self importance.
Then when it come to doing the actual hard work of disentangling ourselves from the chaos he's caused he runs away.

What a first class prick

`

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A friend of mine lectures at a local college. An intelligent man,who speaks four languages fluently.
Last year,after a few pints too many,he decided he was capable of driving himself home.
This of course,ended badly,and to cut a long story short,he now walks with a permanent limp.
An intelligent man. But stupid.
This is how I feel about the Brexiteers. They've jumped into the family saloon,pissed up on anti EU sentiment and taken off down the M62,arses out,with nary a thought for the rest of us,cowering in the back shitting ourselves.
Not just crayon eaters,but a great many intelligent people,have,in my opinion,done a stupid thing.
But we'll all pay a price for this.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breaders has just broke for a spot of lunch

BREAKING NEWS - Boris WON'T be Prime Minister! - Page 3 010

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only like the black ones.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:A friend of mine lectures at a local college. An intelligent man,who speaks four languages fluently.
Last year,after a few pints too many,he decided he was capable of driving himself home.
This of course,ended badly,and to cut a long story short,he now walks with a permanent limp.
An intelligent man. But stupid.
This is how I feel about the Brexiteers. They've jumped into the family saloon,pissed up on anti EU sentiment and taken off down the M62,arses out,with nary a thought for the rest of us,cowering in the back shitting ourselves.
Not just crayon eaters,but a great many intelligent people,have,in my opinion,done a stupid thing.
But we'll all pay a price for this.

That may be true Bonce, but you can't blame the people who voted Leave on the basis of the information they were given. At least you can't blame those without an agenda.

But Boris knew from the beginning that leaving the EU wouldn't reduce immigration, he knew there would be no extra money for the NHS, he knew that we would all be a lot poorer and he knew that the markets would turn on us. 

He just didn't expect to get the majority of the people who who allowed to vote on his side - and made no preparations for that eventuality. 

Whoever leads us out of Europe will be castigated from pillar to post and will go down in history as the final nail in Britain's coffin and Boris knows it. 

It's been a long time since Britain's glory days and we've been living off our pension ever since. And Boris has just emptied the pension fund and pissed off.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My question was what makes you think these crayon munchers vote leave. These crayon munchers could have easily voted to remain.

Not all Leave voters are Bigots, but all bigots voted leave.

:bomb:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Not all Leave voters are Bigots, but all bigots voted leave.

Not all vegetables are cabbages, but all cabbages are vegetables.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I only like the black ones.
reverse racism is still racism you leave voter

BoltonTillIDie wrote:My question was what makes you think these crayon munchers vote leave.  These crayon munchers could have easily voted to remain.

No offence, but that's obviously bollocks and you know it.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I only like the black ones.
reverse racism is still racism you leave voter
It's about taste,not colour. Surprised
BREAKING NEWS - Boris WON'T be Prime Minister! - Page 3 T_3502.jpg_1

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Not all Leave voters are Bigots, but all bigots voted leave.

Not all vegetables are cabbages, but all cabbages are vegetables.
We have a couple of vegetables on here.

I'm not one to name names though!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:My question was what makes you think these crayon munchers vote leave.  These crayon munchers could have easily voted to remain.
True, but less of them actually did.

Post-referendum voter analysis showed some clear patterns of who voted what. (these were polls and surveys taken after the vote)
Obviously they can't say what individuals voted for but they do give an indication of how people voted by age, by education, by region and other criteria.

I think the original comment alluded to the fact that the analysis showed that better educated voters were far more likely to vote Remain than Leave.

Younger people were also more likely to vote Remain. Considerably so as 60% of the over 65's voted Leave compared to only 27% of 18 to 25 year olds. And 16 to 18 year olds were more than 80% in favour of Remain but were excluded from voting. 

That doesn't mean that all old people and all less well educated voters opted for Leave - it just says they were more likely to.

Perhaps "less well educated" is a slightly better - and less Americanised - term than "crayon munchers" ?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well, I can't really say I'm surprised that Johnson is running for cover. The man's a lying, backstabbing coward and always has been. Frankly I'm simply astonished that so many people fell for his and Nigel Farage's lies about what Brexit would actually mean for us all. I honestly don't envy the next Prime Minister, he or she is going to oversee the breakup of the United Kingdom as well as our departure from Europe.

All the talk seems to be of us negotiating a deal to stay in the European Economic Area but that won't happen in my opinion.

Firstly there's no way the right wing of the Tory party and its allies in UKIP and the Ulster Unionists will stand for it. Secondly, to remain in the EEA would require the unanimous approval of all 27 member states of the EU including Poland who aren't exactly happy with what the Leave campaign had to say about them and their citizens not to mention all the other East European nations Boris and co had a pop at. Thirdly, the voters would likely see it as a betrayal because being in the EEA would mean paying 85% per capita as much as we do now but leave us subject to all those laws the Leave campaign spent two years castigating with absolutely no say in how those laws are passed or enforced. Finally it would (and this is probably the biggest sticking point in the craw of those who voted leave) mean we're still subject to the European laws on freedom of movement and open borders that they claimed would be shut once we were out.

The fact it won't actually make a measurable difference to immigration and the fact our GDP will fall significantly let alone increase is irrelevant to the Little England brigade that managed to sell fear and ignorance so incredibly effectively. I think Boris is just now realising what a pit of faeces he and his cronies have dropped us all into and he's desperate to try and stop any of it splashing on him. Don't be surprised if he makes a bid for the leadership after Brexit is completed. He's probably thinking that by then the worst will be over and he'll be able to claim our inability to get any kind of favourable deal wasn't his fault because he wasn't there.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:So, we've seen Farage being roundly condemned for doing his best to wind up the rest of the European Parliament this week and pissing them off before negotiations on our leaving have even begun and now Boris has been exposed as a clueless prick who isn't liked or trusted enough by his own colleagues in Westminster to stand in their own leadership elections.

That's two of the main three players from the Leave campaign exposed publicly as being complete knobs in less than a week.

Can any of the Leave voters on here honestly come up with any defence for either of them, seeing as only a week ago they must have trusted them implicitly, seeing as they voted with them in the referendum?

I am genuinely interested.

And re: The "crayon munchers" thing, for the third time (at least......)

17.4 million people voted to leave the EU.

16.1 million voted to remain.

A difference of 1.3 million.

It was pretty obvious that vast numbers of crayon munchers who wouldn't know a Polling Station from a Bus Station normally (as indicated by the voting pencil / Facebook furore) got up off their arses and went and voted Leave.

And that made the difference.

BTID, as I've already said, I don't class you in this bracket.

And I'm not explaining it again, even if KP still doesn't understand the sums.

to be fair it was:-
17 million to leave
16 million to remain
9 million were undecided and didn't vote

Therefore the reality is that 25 million wanted not to leave, plus the fact that 2 million that did vote to leave have admitted they didn't want to leave but voted leave as a protest vote so that is 27 million to stay and 15 million to leave!!!

Thus the majority of people want to stay and as such I believe that Article 50 should not be invoked.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Unfortunately the government promised to be bound by the result and all the candidates for Tory Leader have agreed that Article 50 will have to be invoked. Not only that but the main European leaders such as Merkel in Germany have made it clear they won't even open discussions with us until it has been. Whether we like it or not (and I really don't like it) this country IS leaving the EU and all that really remains to decide is on what terms.

This will almost certainly lead to Scotland voting to leave the UK and even Northern Ireland are said to be less than happy about Brexit being imposed on them when they voted strongly to remain.

What the majority may want is beside the point 71, the majority of people who actually voted chose Leave and the rest of us are stuck with that. The 9 million undecided who did not vote either way can't be said to have all wanted to stay any more than they can be assumed to have wanted to leave. This was an issue where abstention meant accepting the majority vote of those who did make a decision one way or the other. It was a simple question but became complex because both campaigns were filled with rhetoric and threats instead of facts. The Leave campaign sold fear and did it better than Remain with the majority of people who actually cast their vote.

What has been made crystal clear is that this country is polarised and divided like never before and that whoever takes over from Cameron is going to have a herculean task just trying to find some sort of common ground with the voters again.

I honestly don't think it will be invoked.

They can't kick us out and the referendum result isn't legally binding - it's in our hands, not the EU Parliament's.

We know that modern politicians are generally only in it for themselves and I can't see any of them being prepared to be the one who voluntarily determines that they'll only ever be remembered for being the one who pushed the button and broke Britain.

Apart from Farage and it's still (thankfully) highly unlikely that he'll ever be PM.

(Although I'm not ruling anything out completely any more...)

It's just a shame that the damage is done now.

Both economically and in terms of our standing and negotiating power within the EU.

A pointless venture, backed by people who didn't understand what they were voting for, which achieves nothing other than potentially the break up of The Union and a shit load of economic pain.

Marvellous....

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I understand where you're coming from Breadman but I think you're wrong. It would be political suicide for whomever takes over from Cameron to try and avoid invoking Article 50. Whether we like it or not the Tory's largest power base is England, particularly Southern England and with the exception of about half of London (geographically speaking) pretty much all of England below Birmingham went with Leave. Add in that the rest of the EU are adamant they won't alter a single line of EU rules OR talk to the UK until after Article 50 has been invoked and there's simply no way it can be avoided.

I wish it were otherwise but the fact is we're leaving and I doubt we'll even remain in the European Economic Area because that would leave us subject to all the rules and laws the Leave campaign managed to sell as an immigrant's charter without being able to affect them in any way. Not only that but any deal we might make has to be ratified by all 27 of the other member states unanimously and I can't see Poland or the other East European countries wanting to be generous after all the vicious diatribe Farage, Johnson and the rest of their cronies spouted about them.

As it stands there's not even a reasonable basis to suggest a second referendum on the subject no matter what some politicians may say and frankly a PM who tried it would be condemned for 'ignoring the will of the people' and castigated for disrespecting democracy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum