Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 50]

801How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Aug 13 2020, 20:51

Sluffy wrote:Just noticed that this is my 17,000 post.

May as well use it to be positive and wish everybody well for the coming season ahead and pray that we and all our loved ones come through the difficult time we are having due to Covid, safe and healthy.

Onwards and upwards!

Good post and congrats on your 17,000th - clearly we’ll never agree on 99% of issues that aren’t wanderers related (I actually think we agree on a lot related to football!).

Your ability to debate a point always keeps me coming back, whether I agree or not - so here’s to the next 17,000!

802How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 14 2020, 08:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Congratulations Sluffy! I dread to think how many words are in those 17,000 posts, possibly millions  Very Happy

803How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 14 2020, 09:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

..and it only feels like 107,000 posts Smile 
Congratulations for putting up with everyone for so long Sluffy.

804How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 14 2020, 17:10

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy is a modern day hero, like Sir Francis Bacon.

Last edited by Cajunboy on Fri Aug 14 2020, 17:13; edited 2 times in total

805How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 14 2020, 17:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Congrats on the 17k post Sluffy!

806How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Aug 14 2020, 21:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thanks for the kind words fellas!

Let me reply to a few -

Bonce - Hope is indeed a good thing but then again they also say it what kills you!
TROY - I'm sure we agree on more than just 1%, I think we probably agree on a great deal really, our problem is I think that we arrive to it from opposite ends of the spectrum most of the time. Always stimulating to debate with you (just err away from the trolling bit and we will be just fine).
Norpig - try billions!
Wanderlust - it would be utterly boring if we were all the same in thought and mind.
Cajon - Knowledge is power - Sir Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626).
Karly - I might possibly be seen as the figurehead of Nuts but you are the one that does all the hard work and for such I/we all, thank you.

807How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Aug 15 2020, 08:27

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I really don't understand why they decided to change the quarantine rules for France, etc with effect from 4 a.m. And why announce it at 10 p.m.?

Why not set the deadline at midnight today? Most holiday makers book Saturday to Saturday and this would reduce the number of people having to quarantine. How critical are those 20 hours?

And the big question - how many are going to observe the strict quarantine rules? It won't be policed largely because the resources are not available to police it.

It all smacks of yet more incompetence on top of the chaos over exam results.

808How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Aug 15 2020, 09:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:I really don't understand why they decided to change the quarantine rules for France, etc with effect from 4 a.m. And why announce it at 10 p.m.?

Why not set the deadline at midnight today? Most holiday makers book Saturday to Saturday and this would reduce the number of people having to quarantine. How critical are those 20 hours?

And the big question - how many are going to observe the strict quarantine rules? It won't be policed largely because the resources are not available to police it.

It all smacks of yet more incompetence on top of the chaos over exam results.

Ha ha, one day you're having a pop at the government for being too slow with lockdown, now you're saying they've rushed putting people into quarantine. Which is it?

I'm sure you'll agree, if this quarantine stops just one person passing the virus to a vulnerable loved one it will have been worth it.

809How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Aug 15 2020, 10:34

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's about doing the right thing at the right time..... but the more worrying, perennial question is how ministers with no relevant experience get to run government departments. Gove, for example, ignorantly wrecked the teaching of English in his time as Education Secretary, and now Williamson is totally out of his depth, lacking any understanding of the workings of schools or the problems faced by headteachers. His only qualification is that he was once a pupil! ..dunno.. 

Worse still, he follows Johnson in being sacked from previous roles in government for his failings, so how is he in position in this key role?

PS: Gove insisted on Eton-like changes to the National Curriculum to involve such "essentials" as Fronted Adverbials and prepositional clauses for God's sake! How to kill enjoyment of the subject!!

Last edited by okocha on Sat Aug 15 2020, 11:05; edited 1 time in total

810How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Aug 15 2020, 10:48

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Even more concerning is this news abour our one-eyed, unprincipled friend, Dominic Cummings:-

....the Integrated Defence and Security review - being led by the prime minister's adviser Dominic Cummings" (BBC) How on earth is this rogue running the show still?!

811How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Aug 15 2020, 11:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:It's about doing the right thing at the right time..... but the more worrying, perennial question is how ministers with no relevant experience get to run government departments. Gove, for example, ignorantly wrecked the teaching of English in his time as Education Secretary, and now Williamson is totally out of his depth, lacking any understanding of the workings of schools or the problems faced by headteachers. His only qualification is that he was once a pupil! ..dunno.. 

Worse still, he follows Johnson in being sacked from previous roles in government for his failings, so how is he in position in this key role?

PS: Gove insisted on Eton-like changes to the National Curriculum to involve such "essentials" as Fronted Adverbials and prepositional clauses for God's sake! How to kill enjoyment of the subject!!

Embarrassing post. Just admit the government got it right this time.

812How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Aug 15 2020, 11:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Ha ha, one day you're having a pop at the government for being too slow with lockdown, now you're saying they've rushed putting people into quarantine. Which is it?

I'm sure you'll agree, if this quarantine stops just one person passing the virus to a vulnerable loved one it will have been worth it.

I don't think I did criticise the government for being too slow with lockdown. Can you can show me where I did?

We will never know whether a 20 hour delay in the timing of the quarantine has a material effect. My point is that where is the evidence that it couldn't have waited 20 hours? This is a government that continues to make bad decisions and often lies about important things. For instance do you really think that posting out testing kits that may not even be returned counts as making a test because Matt Hancock does.

813How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Aug 15 2020, 11:35

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Embarrassing post. Just admit the government got it right this time.
Nat, your response to what I wrote is the biggest, most embarrassing non-sequitur I've ever come across. Can you not read and understand, or has the succession of incompetent, unqualified ministers had an even greater detrimental effect on education than I thought?

814How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Aug 15 2020, 11:53

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The new Gov track and trace app is used for Government contracts. It traces them back to the MP`s mates.

815How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Aug 15 2020, 12:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:I don't think I did criticise the government for being too slow with lockdown. Can you can show me where I did?

Maybe I'm mixing you up with another poster. My apologies.

816How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Aug 15 2020, 13:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Maybe I'm mixing you up with another poster. My apologies.

Thank you.

817How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Aug 17 2020, 13:36

Rumour has it the government have given into pressure and plan to u-turn on the A-level results algorithm later this afternoon. 

According to Twitter anyway.

818How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Aug 17 2020, 13:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Rumour has it the government have given into pressure and plan to u-turn on the A-level results algorithm later this afternoon. 

According to Twitter anyway.
 And so they should! The way this has been handled is shocking. Why did they not just rely on teacher assessment and mock results?

819How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Aug 17 2020, 14:11

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Scotland, N.I., backbenchers, unions, Labour, Lib Dems, grammar schools, state secondary schools, sixth-form colleges, pupils, parents, local councils, teachers and headteachers etc........
....all denounce the unfairness of using a flawed algorithm to decide young people's future prospects-----

--- and this is Boris' response, all arm-waving, hammily punching the air, blather, rhetoric and denials:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53771965

He and Cummings, whose brainwave I expect this is, are not fit to run the country, and should resign, taking Williamson and the rest of the sycophantic cabinet with them.

820How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Aug 17 2020, 15:23

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sadly just another example of how incompetent and complacent this government is. It is almost as they don't care but then as long as doesn't affect them or their money they probably don't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum