Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Covid now over?

+12
Whitesince63
okocha
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
dutchwhites63
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 11]

81Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Jan 17 2022, 19:26

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:I'm sure all the families of people who died in the ITU and other wards at my Hospital would disagree with you that Covid isn't a serious issue 63.

Hang on Norpig, at which point did I say it wasn’t a serious issue? It was hugely serious for those over 75 and some younger with other morbidities. Outside of those very few younger people suffered seriously and children almost not at all. My belief is that the one size fits all plan was totally unnecessary and history proves that. Even the mythical 150k Covid deaths figure we know is incorrect with only around half that total actually dying from the virus itself and even then they mainly had other illness and were over 85?

Was it really worth devastating the economy, destroying businesses, loading our uneducated kids with a lifetime of debt to repay and ignoring all other illnesses in favour of Covid. We couldn’t see dying relatives or even attend their funerals and what thought was given to the mental health of our teenagers? Of course some suffered but the vast majority didn’t and the worst effects of Covid were self inflicted by governments not the virus itself.

82Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Tue Jan 18 2022, 01:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Telegraph, Gurniad and  Indy all report Boris having plans drawn up to scrap all Covid measures as early as March

(other measures to shore up his core support include attacking BBC licence fee Smile )

83Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Tue Jan 18 2022, 01:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Telegraph, Gurniad and  Indy all report Boris having plans drawn up to scrap all Covid measures as early as March

(other measures to shore up his core support include attacking BBC licence fee Smile )

Operation Save Big Dog

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10409999/Operation-Save-Big-Dog-axed-save-Boris-Johnson.html

and Operation Red Meat...

https://www.channel4.com/news/operation-red-meat-will-populist-policies-help-pm-after-partygate

84Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Tue Jan 18 2022, 11:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is scrapping all Covid measures a populist policy? Sure Boris needs to reconnect to his core support and I'm sure many of them would welcome it (White?) but surely there have to be a fair few amongst them who find it indefensible especially as regards e.g. key worker protection/NHS staff shortages/protecting the elderly and vulnerable?

85Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Tue Jan 18 2022, 12:21

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Is scrapping all Covid measures a populist policy? Sure Boris needs to reconnect to his core support and I'm sure many of them would welcome it (White?) but surely there have to be a fair few amongst them who find it indefensible especially as regards e.g. key worker protection/NHS staff shortages/protecting the elderly and vulnerable?

Yes Lusty, I strongly welcome removal of all restrictions and instead of mandatory instructions it should be recommendations, as is the case with all other illnesses. 

Far too much damage has been caused by the fear factor applied by the government, so much so that people are afraid to use public transport, go back to workplaces and even meets friends. We can’t continue like this, it’s time to accept that far too much damage has been caused by scaring people and the emphasis must now be to restore confidence again in all the life areas we’ve been used to.

Me and Mrs W will continue to apply actions such as wiping all goods brought into the house as well as using sanitiser and washing hands more regularly. I certainly won’t be wearing a face mask or fear being around others as I am and will continue to be fully vaccinated.

86Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Tue Jan 18 2022, 12:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Is scrapping all Covid measures a populist policy? Sure Boris needs to reconnect to his core support and I'm sure many of them would welcome it (White?) but surely there have to be a fair few amongst them who find it indefensible especially as regards e.g. key worker protection/NHS staff shortages/protecting the elderly and vulnerable?

It's the way things are going with Covid nothing really to do with populist politics.

The facts are that cases are falling dramatically and the peak has now passed and hospital stay and daily admissions are peaking already, and deaths are nothing like what the other waves brought.

The science is pointing that we have moved/are moving to Covid being endemic rather than pandemic.

Unless Covid throws up some seriously 'deadly killer' mutation I think the world is going to have to live with it from now on and the debate will move more to should people be 'penalised' in someway for not being jabbed.

87Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Tue Jan 18 2022, 12:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Yes Lusty, I strongly welcome removal of all restrictions and instead of mandatory instructions it should be recommendations, as is the case with all other illnesses. 

Far too much damage has been caused by the fear factor applied by the government, so much so that people are afraid to use public transport, go back to workplaces and even meets friends. We can’t continue like this, it’s time to accept that far too much damage has been caused by scaring people and the emphasis must now be to restore confidence again in all the life areas we’ve been used to.

Me and Mrs W will continue to apply actions such as wiping all goods brought into the house as well as using sanitiser and washing hands more regularly. I certainly won’t be wearing a face mask or fear being around others as I am and will continue to be fully vaccinated.

Well to be fair 63 all the other illnesses as you say haven't been a new pandemic like Covid was and it was right for governments to act in a way they thought best to protect the people.

From then on it is down to us as individuals to do what we believe is the best (which ranges somewhere between the best for everyone to just the best for ourself!)

I think the world has changed over the last two years and things like working and shopping from home will become the norm for many now and thus less need massive offices and travelling back and forth to them etc.

Some people will carry on using masks but I imagine most wont.

I've never been a big believer of wiping everything down that comes through the door but I do believe in washing my hands first thing when I come home.

As I say people do what's right for them and the government did what they thought was the right things to do over the last two years (I'm not talking about parties) and got somethings right and somethings wrong.

All governments in the world got things right and wrong - but I think as we move into an endemic stage then rightly restrictions will have to be lifted and allow the world to find its new post Covid normality,

88Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Tue Jan 18 2022, 13:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Think i've found the perfect group for 63 to join - Alpha Men Assemble  :rofl:  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/59870550

89Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Tue Jan 18 2022, 14:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Think i've found the perfect group for 63 to join - Alpha Men Assemble  :rofl:  

Dangerous people - linked to the military wing of the Flat Earth Society?

90Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Jan 19 2022, 10:36

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:Think i've found the perfect group for 63 to join - Alpha Men Assemble  :rofl:  

Great Norpig, can you send me details of where to join whilst I get my black uniform out? 🤪

91Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Jan 19 2022, 11:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

Great Norpig, can you send me details of where to join whilst I get my black uniform out? 🤪

You'll need one or they won't let you into the formation dancing team... Smile

Is Covid now over? - Page 5 R.9c332e3e05f44f3b9b4b0b54d52bb569?rik=p9CzOsKmL9vdcQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fimages.dailykos.com%2fimages%2f333815%2fstory_image%2ffascistparade

92Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Jan 19 2022, 11:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

...if you're ambitious you might want to go for the elite Brexit division...

Is Covid now over? - Page 5 R

93Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Jan 19 2022, 13:52

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Great news that all Plan B restrictions are going next week. Well done Boris and team.

94Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Jan 19 2022, 15:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shite news, they’ll be expecting me to go to the office

95Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Jan 19 2022, 16:25

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Shite news, they’ll be expecting me to go to the office

😂

96Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Thu Jan 20 2022, 01:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bogdan says...

Is Covid now over? - Page 5 OIP.9C-et34IKYoHsqjNPtYMTAHaEo?w=267&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1

97Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Thu Jan 20 2022, 09:35

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So the truth on Covid is finally out as the ONS reveal that only 17,340 people actually died OF Covid. All the other deaths attributed to the virus were actually people who died within 28 days of a positive Covid death but had a range of Co-morbidities, so the published figure of 150,000 is spurious and misleading at best. Add to that that the majority of deaths across the total were over 75 years old and most even over 85 years old and it surely proves that the governments actions were completely out of proportion.

98Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Thu Jan 20 2022, 09:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:So the truth on Covid is finally out as the ONS reveal that only 17,340 people actually died OF Covid. All the other deaths attributed to the virus were actually people who died within 28 days of a positive Covid death but had a range of Co-morbidities, so the published figure of 150,000 is spurious and misleading at best. Add to that that the majority of deaths across the total were over 75 years old and most even over 85 years old and it surely proves that the governments actions were completely out of proportion.

I was going to post the stats the other day from a freedom of information request that showed the actual figures of people who died with no underlying conditions and the statistics broken down of who died with what underlying conditions.

Pre-existing conditions of people who died due to COVID-19, England and Wales  here

You will need Excel or similar to view the spreadsheet.

Deaths from COVID-19 with no other underlying causes

The actual figure of those who died with no underlying conditions is 17,371.

99Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Thu Jan 20 2022, 10:52

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:

I was going to post the stats the other day from a freedom of information request that showed the actual figures of people who died with no underlying conditions and the statistics broken down of who died with what underlying conditions.

Pre-existing conditions of people who died due to COVID-19, England and Wales  here

You will need Excel or similar to view the spreadsheet.

Deaths from COVID-19 with no other underlying causes

The actual figure of those who died with no underlying conditions is 17,371.

Thanks for the slight correction Karly. It’s easy to look back with hindsight but the government had this information right from the start yet continued to ignore it in favour of a small group of scientists who continually manipulated the information to present the worst possible situation.

Over 700k people die on average in the U.K. every year and when you compare the actual Covid deaths to that it becomes unbelievable that a government can spend over £400 Billion pounds, wreck thousands of small companies, damage our childrens education and ignore all other illnesses leading to not only an extra reported 50k cancer deaths but create a 6 million NHS waiting list.

Everybody accepts Covid deaths were awful to see but were they any worse than seeing a loved one waste away with cancer, heart disease or dementia? All deaths are awful but preventing relatives visiting dying loved ones and attending funerals is cruelty in the extreme.

No attempt was made to consider other areas to see the potential damage resulting and why not set up similar groups to Sage for business and education as well as other affected areas to model the impact. Clearly this pandemic has taught us lessons and will hopefully lead to government taking a more balanced approach next time?

100Is Covid now over? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Thu Jan 20 2022, 11:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Difficult to assess really as there are no figures available for the people suffering long-term damage from covid. We hear of people who have never fully recovered or are unable to work long after they contracted it but nobody gives a f***.

At least those who are jabbed up have a lower chance of dying and a lower chance of sustaining long term damage from it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum