Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Whitesince63
Hipster_nebula1
karlypants
wanderlust
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
Hip Priest
okocha
finlaymcdanger
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 36 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 50]

421How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jan 18 2022, 22:13

Laughing What are you so riled up about?! I’m well aware you don’t think a GE is impossible, you need to relax.

422How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jan 18 2022, 22:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Laughing What are you so riled up about?! I’m well aware you don’t think a GE is impossible, you need to relax.

If you say so.

Thought you might have something to say on my recent comments about GLP?

Hope I may have opened your eyes a little bit to the fact that he isn't quite as genuine as he makes out!

Ka-ching, ka-ching!

423How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jan 18 2022, 22:40

Hmm I doubt it, you’ve readily admitted you’re no legal expert haven’t you? It would be interesting to read if any professionals agree with you too.

Honestly though, I haven’t had time to read it yet - might take a look over the weekend if there’s time.

424How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jan 18 2022, 23:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's a rumour going round tonight that as their are insufficient Tory MPs willing to stick their neck out and back a leadership challenge, his supporters are planning to call one - which Boris will then win and under the rules if he wins the vote they aren't allowed to call for another within a year.

But the Gurniad seems to think it's real here.

425How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jan 18 2022, 23:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Hmm I doubt it, you’ve readily admitted you’re no legal expert haven’t you? It would be interesting to read if any professionals agree with you too.

Honestly though, I haven’t had time to read it yet - might take a look over the weekend if there’s time.

No, I'm no legal expert but I'm a qualified Company Secretary of forty years standing and although that might not mean much to you the 'modern' name that CS's now go under is Compliance Officers which you may be more familiar with?

Basically in means making sure everything in the business / public sector, complies with the law.

GLP isn't breaking any laws or regulations, I'm not suggesting for one moment they are but their business model clearly is based on revenue generated by community funding and it should be clear to anyone with some understanding of the laws and constitution that governs this country that GLP are 'playing' their followers in order to keep the cash rolling in.

The trouble is very few people indeed knows/understands the laws and constitution of the country and are clearly easily led - dare I say that you are probably one of them.

GLP/Maugham stokes up the dislike/hatred of those who are anti-Tory. anti-Brexit, anti-establishment, etc, etc, in his tweets and media appearances and 'sells' them the idea that things are 'bad', 'corrupt', 'illegal', etc and that only GLP are prepared to take 'them' (the establishment - government, police, local council's, etc) on and stop all this illegality/cronyism/corruption/whatever.

He's very good at it, he's fooled many smart people (but who aren't knowledgeable of how government works).

He's created - legally - a very large cash cow - it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's attracted over £6m crowdfunded revenue in just the last two years alone.  As a comparison BLM only received £1m in crowdfunding following George Floyds death - and look how many people gave to that!

I'm not really sure where he's going with it all though, GLP is set up as non profit - so he or anyone else as a Director can't personally profit from it, so the money is just building up and up in the company.

It creates jobs and can fund more cases but the more he grows the more crowdfunding he will require to keep it going - a bit like a pyramid scheme if you will - albeit what he is doing here is entirely legal.

There's a limit to how many high profile causes there are and how many new or returning contributors he can continue to attract though I would have thought.

Anyway people seem happy enough to give their money and GLP happy to receive it - I just find it all very hypocritical in that if the government was doing something similar he'd be the first to call them out about it!

It keeps him in Kimono's I suppose!

426How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 19 2022, 01:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:There's a rumour going round tonight that as their are insufficient Tory MPs willing to stick their neck out and back a leadership challenge, his supporters are planning to call one - which Boris will then win and under the rules if he wins the vote they aren't allowed to call for another within a year.

Eh???

That article is saying he's already toast - which I believe he is myself now - the tide las definitely turned against him.

If Gray's report condemns him (well it can't exactly, it isn't up to her to judge, just to report the facts - but she can still paint a very black picture of things indeed though) he's toast, and if the report exonerates him in someway(?) everyone will believe it is a whitewash and not believe it - so he will still be toast!

I can't understand anyone thinking no one will stand against him, there will always be a stalking horse - someone with no intention of winning but will trigger a vote for others - Rishi, Truss, etc - to stand as well.

I keep warning you to stop believing what you read on social media - you keep making a fool of yourself by posting it up on here!

Very Happy

427How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 19 2022, 07:55

wanderlust wrote:There's a rumour going round tonight that as their are insufficient Tory MPs willing to stick their neck out and back a leadership challenge, his supporters are planning to call one - which Boris will then win and under the rules if he wins the vote they aren't allowed to call for another within a year.

Yes something changed last night as near enough every political journalist was tweeting about it. Nobody except Graham Brady knows how many letters have been submitted, but it’s going to be a rough day for Boris regardless of whether he can hold off a challenge for now.

The Beth Rigby interview yesterday was bizarre, I’m not sure if he was acting remorseful or having a breakdown. Either way it’s supposedly done even more damage.

‘Nobody told me what the rules were’ is a painfully bad excuse from the man who set the rules.

428How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 19 2022, 10:03

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y. wrote:

Yes something changed last night as near enough every political journalist was tweeting about it. Nobody except Graham Brady knows how many letters have been submitted, but it’s going to be a rough day for Boris regardless of whether he can hold off a challenge for now.

The Beth Rigby interview yesterday was bizarre, I’m not sure if he was acting remorseful or having a breakdown. Either way it’s supposedly done even more damage.

‘Nobody told me what the rules were’ is a painfully bad excuse from the man who set the rules.

Agree with that Troy, Boris looked totally worn out in the Rigby interview and must surely be near breaking point? How Boris can claim not to know rules were being broken when he was the one that set them is farcical. The biggest problem for me is that dragging this on is not only making Boris look bad but also the ministers trying to defend him. I don’t think there’s any doubt now that keeping him in office is damaging the party generally and if they are to recover for the next election, he has to go. Personally, I’d leave him in place for the local elections as it wouldn’t be fair to tarnish his successor when the Tories get trounced, so it’s after that I think he’ll go.

429How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 19 2022, 11:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who is the moron that doesn't understand what a rumour is?

430How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 19 2022, 13:58

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Good fight back by Boris towards the end of PMQ’s showed his tiger spirit and that’s the side of him people need to see. Get rid of your advisors, including quietening Carrie, who have done you so much damage, revise some key policies in line with the manifesto you were elected on and you might, just might be able to win people back. Own up to letting people down, own it but assure that you’ve learned and will put things right. The public aren’t fools and see the job more widely done so you probably have one more opportunity to win electors round.

431How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 19 2022, 14:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Good fight back by Boris towards the end of PMQ’s showed his tiger spirit and that’s the side of him people need to see. Get rid of your advisors, including quietening Carrie, who have done you so much damage, revise some key policies in line with the manifesto you were elected on and you might, just might be able to win people back. Own up to letting people down, own it but assure that you’ve learned and will put things right. The public aren’t fools and see the job more widely done so you probably have one more opportunity to win electors round.

He's toast in the publics eye - and it seems by the Tory suits now too -

432How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 19 2022, 14:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Good fight back by Boris towards the end of PMQ’s showed his tiger spirit and that’s the side of him people need to see.
...and after a hard day at the office Tiger goes home to check if mummy has forgiven him for pissing on the carpet that morning...

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Article-2001479-0C7B551800000578-517_306x494

Last edited by wanderlust on Thu Jan 20 2022, 01:36; edited 1 time in total

433How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 19 2022, 16:21

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

He's toast in the publics eye - and it seems by the Tory suits now too -

Let’s see shall we? 😉

434How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 20 2022, 10:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

Let’s see shall we? 😉
I think that the defection and Davis' comments will stir Tory backbenchers to rally around Boris as Brits don't like to see a beaten man kicked when he's down.

In pleading stupidity to avoid a charge of immorality, Boris laid himself open to attack - but it has been relentless and he's going to get the sympathy vote from within the Tory ranks unless Labour change tack.

It may be too late but Labour need to exercise some control and back off a bit and save their energies until he tries to get up again and use the present time to attack performance and policies. The Tories need a way out of the situation e.g. a leadership challenge but if they keep kicking Boris that possibility might evaporate.

Boris has lost already in the eyes of the public so they need to stop flogging a dead horse, see the bigger picture and turn their attentions elsewhere just to emphasise that Boris is beneath contempt.

435How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 20 2022, 11:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems the next bombshell revelation has just happened!

Boris Johnson's future: Ministers blackmailing plotters, claims Tory MP

A senior Tory has accused the government of trying to "blackmail" its own MPs against plotting to remove Boris Johnson.

William Wragg, one of those calling on the PM to resign, said rebels had faced "pressures and intimidation" from ministers.

And he claimed suspected plotters had been threatened with damaging publicity.

No 10 said it was "not aware of any evidence" for Mr Wragg's allegations.

"If there is any evidence to support these claims we would look at it very carefully," a Downing Street spokesperson added.

Commons Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle said "serious allegations" had been made, and MPs with concerns should write to him.

Mr Wragg launched a stinging attack on the way the government has handled dissent among Tory MPs.

Speaking during a Commons committee that he chairs, the MP for Hazel Grove accused government whips - MPs in charge of discipline - of threatening those suspected of plotting with the removal of government investment in their constituencies.

He also said he had received reports of government ministers, advisers and staff at No 10 "encouraging the publication of stories in the press seeking to embarrass" those suspected of lacking confidence in the PM.

He claimed the reports "would seem to constitute blackmail" - and encouraged MPs targeted in this way to contact the Commons Speaker and the Metropolitan Police.

Cabinet Office Minister Stephen Barclay, who was attending the committee, said he would relay the concerns to the government.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60068612

436How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 20 2022, 12:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That is f****** outrageous.

That's the kind of behaviour you'd expect in a totalitarian state like North Korea.

No doubt they'll use their usual tactic of demonising Wragg to undermine his credibility.

437How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 20 2022, 12:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sue Gray could lead an investigation into the complaint...

To be serious, I have no doubt his claims are true - but unless he can prove them it is only his words against anyone else's.

438How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 20 2022, 12:52

Not the first time I’ve heard these accusations about this government but the first time on record, Wragg obviously either feels empowered or wants to stick the knife in and get Boris out.

This government have shown a complete disregard for the rules of democracy since they came in, it’s dangerous and the sooner they’re gone the better.

439How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 20 2022, 13:22

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Power corrupts....

440How is the Tory government doing? - Page 22 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 20 2022, 13:36

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Not the first time I’ve heard these accusations about this government but the first time on record, Wragg obviously either feels empowered or wants to stick the knife in and get Boris out.

This government have shown a complete disregard for the rules of democracy since they came in, it’s dangerous and the sooner they’re gone the better.

Shock, horror, the whips are reminding MPs what might be at stake if they don’t back the PM. For goodness sake, this is par for the course with party whips, it’s what they do and if you think Labour whips don’t do the same thing when necessary, you’re very naive.

Wragg was one of the first to call for Boris to resign but as with David Davies, I think his attack will end up shooting himself in the foot. As Lusty says earlier, these people are likely to turn opinion against them if they’re not careful. I don’t think the turnaround in Boris’ fortunes yesterday should be underestimated, because the rally seems to be developing.

Tories are now beginning to realise that there are few if any options to Boris and I include Labour in that as far as the public are concerned. If Boris can survive the Gray Report and pull back on some of the crazy policies he’s championed, there’s no reason that he can’t yet recover. I certainly wouldn’t write him off yet and if the elections in May don’t turn out to be as bad as perceived, he will if he wants to lead the party into the next election. Labour are desperate to get rid of him because they still fear him, so binning him now might not be the best Tory move?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 36 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum