Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Whitesince63
Hipster_nebula1
karlypants
wanderlust
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
Hip Priest
okocha
finlaymcdanger
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 39 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 50]

541How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jan 29 2022, 10:33

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

542How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jan 29 2022, 23:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Don't know if you can see this to read (click the link above the picture if you can't) but there's a great story about Boris on the front page of the Sunday Times under the heading of Frat House!

:facepalm:
How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 _123051915_sundaytimes30jan

543How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jan 31 2022, 11:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 _115651730_breaking-promo-976

Boris Johnson handed results of Sue Gray report into Downing Street parties, ahead of expected public release today

544How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jan 31 2022, 12:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 _115651730_breaking-promo-976

Boris Johnson handed results of Sue Gray report into Downing Street parties, ahead of expected public release today
Is it on a sheet of A5?

545How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jan 31 2022, 15:31

Are we allowed to have an opinion on Partygate now? Or do we need to wait for the Met report? Which we have no guarantees over how much or how little will be redacted I believe.

What a waste of time hey.

546How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Feb 01 2022, 12:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is a new low even for Boris.

If this isn't stamped on MPs will have every right to call Boris out as a necrophiliac paedophile baby-murdering cannibal. There is simply no place in politics for baseless lies and accusations and Boris needs to learn that just because he got away with it once with Brexit doesn't give him carte blanche to lie his tits off in Parliament.

547How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Feb 01 2022, 17:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:This is a new low even for Boris.

If this isn't stamped on MPs will have every right to call Boris out as a necrophiliac paedophile baby-murdering cannibal. There is simply no place in politics for baseless lies and accusations and Boris needs to learn that just because he got away with it once with Brexit doesn't give him carte blanche to lie his tits off in Parliament.

No evidence for Boris Johnson's claim about Keir Starmer and Jimmy Savile

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/60213975

A Downing Street spokesman said the prime minister stands by his claim. We have asked for the evidence for the claim and who the journalists Mr Johnson referred to were, but we have not received a reply.

As it happens I watched the debate and Johnson threw another slur at the Labour front bench (believed to be aimed at Starmer) over drug taking.

As for the Speaker, Lindsay Hoyle, what a waste of space he is in the job, by far the worst I've ever seen doing the job going back to George Thomas days - and that includes Michael Martin who basically got sacked!

I see Hoyle's wittered something today about his non intervention at the time...

What a joke he is!

Sir Lindsay Hoyle, responding to the point of order, told MPs: “I am not responsible for members’ contributions and will seek not to intervene unless something is said which is disorderly.

“Procedurally nothing disorderly occurred but such allegations should not be made lightly, especially in view of the guidance of Erskine May about good temper, moderation being the characteristics of parliamentary debate.

“While they may not have been disorderly, I am far from satisfied that the comments in question were appropriate on this occasion.

“I want to see more compassionate, reasonable politics in this House and the sort of comment can only inflame opinions and generate disregard for this House.

“I’ve got to say I want a nicer Parliament, the only way we can get a nicer Parliament is being more honourable in the debates we have. Please, let us show each other respect as well as tolerance going forward.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-speaker-lindsay-hoyle-slaps-26106857

548How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Feb 01 2022, 18:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So the Partygate Met investigation is being led by Deputy Assistant Comissioner Baz Javid - the Secretary of State for Health Sajid Javid's brother.

Even if Baz is even-handed, surely he would have to have declared an interest and ruled himself out of the running?

How bad does that stink?

549How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Feb 01 2022, 22:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:So the Partygate Met investigation is being led by Deputy Assistant Comissioner Baz Javid - the Secretary of State for Health Sajid Javid's brother.

Even if Baz is even-handed, surely he would have to have declared an interest and ruled himself out of the running?

How bad does that stink?

It doesn't stink at all if you'd bothered to do a simple google search first but oh no, you rather believe what you read on social media to be the gospel truth (yet again!) simply because it fits in with your hatred of all things Tory.

A Scotland Yard statement said: "We strongly refute the claims made and it is not true to suggest Bas Javid, Deputy Assistant Commissioner for Professionalism, is overseeing complaints about these matters.

"The MPS received various complaints about the Met’s response to allegations of staff gatherings in Downing Street and elsewhere. Every complaint was assessed individually by the Directorate of Professional Standards, under the oversight of a Detective Superintendent who made the decision on what, if any, action would be required.

"As is usual practice, the decision was shared with more senior officers, including DAC Javid for his information only.

"DAC Javid did not make nor will he make any decisions about the complaints; from the outset, he has actively recused himself from any decision making due to the natural conflict."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/met-police-stitch-up-claim-26102172

550How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Feb 02 2022, 01:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Deputy Assistant Commissioner Bas Javid, sibling of Sajid Javid, is the second highest ranking officer in the department that initially decided not to investigate the force’s handling of the gatherings" says the same Mirror story that included the denial of Baz's involvement (above)

Difficult to believe anything that Met has to say about anything, let alone consider them trustworthy arbiters in the Partygate scandal. Today it turns out that the Met has been investigated by the IOPC and found guilty of misogyny, racism, bullying and sexual harassment - hardly standards we might expect or people we are expected to trust.

551How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Feb 02 2022, 02:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:"Deputy Assistant Commissioner Bas Javid, sibling of Sajid Javid, is the second highest ranking officer in the department that initially decided not to investigate the force’s handling of the gatherings" says the same Mirror story that included the denial of Baz's involvement (above)

Difficult to believe anything that Met has to say about anything, let alone consider them trustworthy arbiters in the Partygate scandal. Today it turns out that the Met has been investigated by the IOPC and found guilty of misogyny, racism, bullying and sexual harassment - hardly standards we might expect or people we are expected to trust.

You're just a utter crackpot mate - your hatred and prejudice is absolute!!!

The quote DOESN'T say that - you've EDITED IT to make read like that!!!

This is what the quote actually says -

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Bas Javid, sibling of Health Secretary Sajid Javid, is the second highest ranking officer in the department that, amongst other senior officers, decided not to investigate the force’s handling of the gatherings.

Or in other words he's just one of many senior 'managers' working in that 'department' who had NO input in making that decision.

For all we know he might well have been informed of the decision - and even raised his concerns it SHOULD investigate the gatherings!

Your hatred has made you warped and twisted mate.

And yes there's always a few less than perfect people working in the Met police like there is in any large organisation and if you wanted to point that out then Wayne Couzens was the most obvious example for you to choose - but Couzens isn't typical of all Met officers anymore than those in the article from yesterday.

It's just never ending with you isn't it - public servants do whatever MP's tell them to do - err no they don't.  Sue Gray will write what Boris will tell her to write in her report - no she didn't.  Boris will get the report first and get 'his' lawyers to alter it to how Boris wants it to read - things like that only happen in your head.  The Met will do the cover up because Javid's brother is in charge of the investigation - well no he's not, he's not involved at all in it.  Now he's the one who took the decision not to hold a police investigation in the first place - nope completely wrong again.

What is it with you???

You're so utterly consumed with your hatred that you've lost all sense of reason.

It's nailed on now that action will be taken by the Met, penalty notices will be issued and some senior spads and civil servants will get them and be named.

It wouldn't surprise me if Carrie gets one - and it's looking to me with Boris squirming so much to keep a lid on things yesterday and since been forced (by the Tory party itself) to publish the report in full and name who gets penalty notices - that he might find one with his name on it too!

Let us see due process at work first before you claim conspiracy and cover ups in every post you make.

552How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Feb 02 2022, 09:53

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can see Boris squirming out of the gatherings in the No10 offices but how can he or Carrie seriously expect to refute the parties/gatherings in their own flat involving around 20 people. Unless there is actual work being conducted at the time, in other words not before or after work, then it doesn’t comply with the restrictions BoJo himself prescribed and they must be guilty and fined accordingly. Whether that is still enough to force Boris out I have my doubts but I do now think that if the only reason MPs are keeping him in office is because of his amazing charisma and election winning record, it’s a pretty sad state of affairs.

553How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Feb 02 2022, 10:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Whether that is still enough to force Boris out I have my doubts but I do now think that if the only reason MPs are keeping him in office is because of his amazing charisma and election winning record, it’s a pretty sad state of affairs.
Totally agree - but that is the essence of populism.
I think people increasingly believe what and who they want to believe, rather than considering the information they have available and making an informed decision as used to be largely the case.
I also think that the electorate increasingly has difficulty getting their heads around anything with more than one aspect/consequence where they have to weigh up pros and cons e.g. limiting immigration v supporting the NHS and agriculture.
Oversimplified messaging for a simple electorate - a sad state of affairs indeed.

554How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Feb 02 2022, 12:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whitesince63 wrote: charisma 
Boris? Charisma? He has the charm of a blob of lard spitting in the frying pan of justified heat....

555How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 10:36

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

okocha wrote:
Boris? Charisma? He has the charm of a blob of lard spitting in the frying pan of justified heat....
Maybe to you Oko but let’s face it, you don’t represent the majority. If he wasn’t seen as being so popular he’d have been booted out long before now. The fact that few MPs and none of the cabinet have come out against Boris leads me to believe that they won’t, this will blow over and he will continue as PM.

Now if you asked me as a Tory party member whether I’m satisfied with his performance in other, to me more important areas, then no I’m very unhappy. The Green agenda, the energy bills, the triple lock, tax increases, immigration and the woke agenda, are all a disgrace and his government is in no way what we voted for. I accept you were against Brexit Oko and so far Boris has completely let down those of us who did. Unless there’s a massive turn around in these areas over the next three years then, I certainly won’t be voting Tory next time and I’m sure many more will do the same.

Sadly I’m afraid the Conservatives are in danger of doing exactly what Labour have done by forgetting who their core voters are and why. Moving so far left and penalising ordinary working people and pensioners at the expense of virtue signalling to small but noisy groups will cost them in the end. I’m still hopeful Boris can be forced to change before then but if not he and the party will pay the price.

556How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 11:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
 I certainly won’t be voting Tory next time and I’m sure many more will do the same.
Wow.

I think they're holding on to their core vote generally though. Saw a poll today which said that 60%  of those who voted Tory in both 2017 and 2019 would vote Tory again, but of those who didn't vote Tory in 2017 but did in 2019 only 35% would - so it looks like red wall voters are currently not enamoured with them. However in both cases there were a lot of "undecideds" with 12% switching to Labour and 8 - 10% to other parties.

That is likely to be compounded when the "levelling up" bullshit is debunked as it turns out there not enough money for it and if they decentralise, local authorities won't even get back what the Tories have taken off them in the last 10 years. And decentralising is a way of passing the buck/blame so they may well go down that route.

557How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 12:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The energy price cap is being raised by 54% in April which will put an extra £693 on the average household bill.
Sunak is offering a £150 discount on Council Tax for bands A to D
Also offering a £200 "buy now pay later" scheme for fuel bills

BofE has raised the base rate to 0.5% - and it is anticipated to rise again during the year - forecasters suggesting a figure of 1.25% - in response to rising inflation. However inflation/prices (currently 5.4%) are forecast to continue rising at a much faster rate so it's not expected to have much of an impact.

Even so it may have an impact on business lending and business investment - and business survival rates, especially amongst those that have been propped up with quantitive easing measures and loans which will retard growth going forward.

Looking like the wheels are starting to fall off the Tories "recovery plan" and the majority of Brits will be poorer than they were.

558How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 14:15

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Wow.

I think they're holding on to their core vote generally though. Saw a poll today which said that 60%  of those who voted Tory in both 2017 and 2019 would vote Tory again, but of those who didn't vote Tory in 2017 but did in 2019 only 35% would - so it looks like red wall voters are currently not enamoured with them. However in both cases there were a lot of "undecideds" with 12% switching to Labour and 8 - 10% to other parties.

That is likely to be compounded when the "levelling up" bullshit is debunked as it turns out there not enough money for it and if they decentralise, local authorities won't even get back what the Tories have taken off them in the last 10 years. And decentralising is a way of passing the buck/blame so they may well go down that route.
As usual Lusty you missed out the important bit before that. Only if they don’t change and return to a more realistic Conservative party will I reject them. It was noticeable that Rishi indicated that the government would now pass the permissions to expand North Sea Oil and Gas production which they had previously indicated they may not. Hopefully some common sense is returning and the Green agenda can be put back in its box until things are better financially?

559How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 14:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

560How is the Tory government doing? - Page 28 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 14:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Definitely readying himself for a challenge - he's doing the Tony Blair hands Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 39 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum