Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Whitesince63
Hipster_nebula1
karlypants
wanderlust
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
Hip Priest
okocha
finlaymcdanger
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 39 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 50]

561How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 14:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
As usual Lusty you missed out the important bit before that. Only if they don’t change and return to a more realistic Conservative party will I reject them. It was noticeable that Rishi indicated that the government would now pass the permissions to expand North Sea Oil and Gas production which they had previously indicated they may not. Hopefully some common sense is returning and the Green agenda can be put back in its box until things are better financially?
As usual there's a lot of "if" and "hopefully" in your analysis White.

If my uncle had bollocks....

562How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 14:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:
As usual Lusty you missed out the important bit before that. Only if they don’t change and return to a more realistic Conservative party will I reject them. It was noticeable that Rishi indicated that the government would now pass the permissions to expand North Sea Oil and Gas production which they had previously indicated they may not. Hopefully some common sense is returning and the Green agenda can be put back in its box until things are better financially?

:facepalm:

He'd still be your uncle in that case wouldn't he!!!

:rofl:

563How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 15:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

....only if he was resurrected from the dead.

564How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 15:53

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Got sent this today....thought WS63 might enjoy it.....

"Not even his most ardent fan would claim that Boris Johnson has a monogamous relationship with the truth, but such flagrant infidelity is starting to become insulting. How stupid does he think the public is? The PM’s claims are so farcical you pity the colleagues who must try to defend them."

See John Crace's incisive comment here:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/feb/02/big-dogs-doings-besmirch-the-party-of-churchill

565How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 16:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its like rats deserting a sinking ship, yet on BoJo will merrily stagger on  Rolling Eyes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60250036

566How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 17:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Its like rats deserting a sinking ship, yet on BoJo will merrily stagger on  Rolling Eyes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60250036

To be fair I don't think it is in this case, she's done the right thing for the right reason.

At Wednesday's Prime Minister's Questions, the Labour leader hit back, accusing the PM of fuelling conspiracy theories with his remarks.

But Mr Johnson replied that Sir Keir had taken "full responsibility for what had happened on his watch" as the DPP.

By Thursday, Mr Johnson appeared to have backed down, telling reporters he had not been talking about Sir Keir's "personal record" when he was DPP, adding: "I totally understand that he had nothing to do personally with those decisions.

"I was making a point about his responsibility for the organisation as a whole."

But in her resignation letter, Ms Mirza's letter says he should have gone further and apologised to Sir Keir.

The political aide - who has worked with Mr Johnson since he became Mayor of London in 2008 - said the PM had been "wrong" to make the initial remarks, adding: "There was no fair or reasonable basis for that assertion.

"This was not the usual cut and thrust of politics; it was an inappropriate and partisan reference to a horrendous case of child sex abuse.

She added: "You tried to clarify your position today [Thursday] but, despite my urging, you did not apologise for the misleading impression you gave."

Ms Mirza began her career in the arts sector before becoming a cultural adviser to Mr Johnson as London Mayor.

She then followed him into No 10, and was named the director of his policy unit in 2019.

In 2020, the PM named her as one of the five women who had influenced and inspired him the most, describing her as "capable of being hip, cool, groovy and generally on trend".

A Conservative Party insider described Ms Mirza as "Boris' brain and longest-serving adviser", adding: "For her to depart at such a difficult time and in such a publicly critical way is simply devastating for the PM.

"It sends a strong signal to the Tory Party that even those closest to the PM have now lost faith."

A former Conservative adviser also told the BBC's political editor, Laura Kuenssberg, there was no way for the PM to "spin" her departure.

"It's a devastating blow," they said.

"First, because he's lost one of the few people inside No 10 who knows him really well and is an ideological ally. And second because the criticism, which is damning, is from within.

"And you simply can't paint that as nonsense from the media or his political opponents."

567How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 17:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

....only if he was resurrected from the dead.

Oh God you just get more and more pathetic each time you pretend you've not made a mistake!

Being dead doesn't change his relationship to you - he'll always have been your uncle...

Why don't you just admit you'd made a little mistake instead of always trying to make out you hadn't.

Can't you see the irony in it that you go on about Boris lying and trying to avoid saying he did - yet you do exactly the same on here...

Everybody KNOWS Boris lies to cover up his mistakes don't you know that everybody on here knows YOU do too???

You're fooling nobody but yourself?

..dunno..

568How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 18:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not long now Boris before you have to go and don’t forget to take your prostitute wife with you!

569How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 20:19

I’m no fan of Carrie, from what I’ve read about her at least. But do you really think it’s fair or appropriate to call her a prostitute?

570How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 21:11

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y. wrote:I’m no fan of Carrie, from what I’ve read about her at least. But do you really think it’s fair or appropriate to call her a prostitute?
Yes, I’m not a fan of Carrie either, in fact I believe she’s the root of several of Boris’ problems at the moment but please let’s not resort to personal insults.

571How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 21:14

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:

Very true Lusty but I think there are a lot of ifs and hopefully’s around Boris that would need to occur before I’d vote for him again. He needs a complete reset but if he can’t or won’t accept his mistakes and misjudgements, then I’m afraid it’s curtains for him.

572How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 21:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:I’m no fan of Carrie, from what I’ve read about her at least. But do you really think it’s fair or appropriate to call her a prostitute?
Well she’s not with him for his looks is she.

573How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 21:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems everything is imploding for Boris right now!

Four senior aides to Boris Johnson resign from No 10

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 _123119875_boris_aides_leaving_640-2x-nc

Three of them are Spad's the fourth is the civil servant who sent the BYOB email.

Mirza is the one who left on principle because Boris refused to apologise to Starmer over the Saville slur - good for her!

Doyle I think is the one who apparently told Boris to keep say 'no rules were broken' when he clearly knew there had been.  Apparently he resigned weeks ago but Boris refused to accept it because he obviously wanted to have a scapegoat to blame.

Rosenfield, I think replaced Cummings as Boris righthand man.

Reynolds is the civil servant who sent the BYOB email.  Rumour has it that it was on Boris instruction and he's told Gray that as he doesn't want his career to be ruined telling lies for Johnson.

Obviously I have no idea how true it is but Reynolds has only resigned from the Cabinet Office and NOT the civil services and IS taking up another role in a different Department.

A very odd turn of events unless he clearly has proved he's really 'innocent' in all of this?

Also in the article is Rishi putting more and more distance between him and Johnson!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60253231

574How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 21:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:
Well she’s not with him for his looks is she.

575How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 21:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

576How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 22:17

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I love the way Starmer keeps his dignity and poise at all times, whilst around him in the HoC is a baying mob of empty vessels led by a wild, indiscreet buffoon to whom decency and integrity are strangers.

577How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 03 2022, 22:46

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

578How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Feb 04 2022, 01:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

Very true Lusty but I think there are a lot of ifs and hopefully’s around Boris that would need to occur before I’d vote for him again. He needs a complete reset but if he can’t or won’t accept his mistakes and misjudgements, then I’m afraid it’s curtains for him.
Totally agree.

IF he was a completely different person with completely different policies and a completely different personality he might get my vote.

Seeing that seems unlikely, HOPEFULLY he will just f*** off.

579How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Feb 04 2022, 08:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did no one tell him that Bolton isn't backing him?

580How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Feb 04 2022, 10:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Posted at 9:34
BREAKING
Fifth Downing Street resignation confirmed

Nick Eardley
Political correspondent

We now have confirmation that a fifth Downing Street adviser resigned on Friday morning.

Elena Narozanski had been a member of the policy unit in No 10 and loyal to head of policy Munira Mirza, who quit yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-60256680

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 39 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum