Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Whitesince63
Hipster_nebula1
karlypants
wanderlust
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
Hip Priest
okocha
finlaymcdanger
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 50]

741How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Apr 02 2022, 11:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote::facepalm:

Obsess
verb

past tense: obsessed; past participle: obsessed
Preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually and to a troubling extent.

Symptoms - Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

OCD has 3 main elements:

- obsessions – where an unwanted, intrusive and often distressing thought, image or urge repeatedly enters your mind
- emotions – the obsession causes a feeling of intense anxiety or distress
- compulsions – repetitive behaviours or mental acts that a person with OCD feels driven to perform as a result of the anxiety and distress caused by the obsession

The compulsive behaviour temporarily relieves the anxiety, but the obsession and anxiety soon return, causing the cycle to begin again.

Compulsive behaviour
Compulsions starts as a way of trying to reduce or prevent anxiety caused by the obsessive thought, although in reality this behaviour is either excessive or not realistically connected.

Most people with OCD realise that such compulsive behaviour is irrational and makes no logical sense, but they cannot stop acting on it and feel they need to do it "just in case".

Getting help
It's important to get help if you think you have OCD and it's having a significant impact on your life.

If you think a friend or family member may have OCD, try talking to them about your concerns and suggest they get help.

OCD is unlikely to get better on its own, but treatment and support is available to help you manage your symptoms and have a better quality of life.

There are 2 main ways to get help:

- refer yourself directly to a psychological therapies service – find a psychological therapies service in your area - https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/mental-health/find-a-psychological-therapies-service/
- see a GP – they'll ask about your symptoms and can refer you to a local psychological therapies service if necessary

https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/obsessive-compulsive-disorder-ocd/symptoms/
Is this a memorandum to yourself Sluffy? It's just that whenever I express an opinion on any one of a wide range of subjects, you are unable to prevent yourself from regurgitating your formulaic lecture.

It's very flattering that you are so obsessed with me but I'm already in a relationship Smile

If it helps, I'd imagine Bob is single.

742How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Apr 02 2022, 12:25

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:If it helps, I'd imagine Bob is single.

Lusty stakes an early claim for Deluded of the Month for April but never underestimate Okocha.

743How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Apr 02 2022, 12:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Is this a memorandum to yourself Sluffy? It's just that whenever I express an opinion on any one of a wide range of subjects, you are unable to prevent yourself from regurgitating your formulaic lecture.

It's very flattering that you are so obsessed with me but I'm already in a relationship Smile

If it helps, I'd imagine Bob is single.

Homophobic comments now - and not for the first time from you either.

You aren't expressing opinions at all, you are simply being a raving obsessive, in respect of Brexit in particular and the Tory Party in general.

Apart from 63 who is still relatively a new poster on here, nobody else bothers to respond to you anymore on your relentless and ceaseless diatribes on Brexit - and even 63 has previously posted his intention of not discussing the matter with you any further due to your obviously pathological negativity of Brexit and all it entails.

It has become abundantly clear that nobody wants to interact with you about Brexit - yet you still obsessively post about it constantly day in and day out.

You need to move on but you clearly can't.

I've locked the thread and not one other person has had a moan about me doing so.

That should tell you something if nothing else does!

You clearly have personal issues and I suggest that you need some help dealing with them.

Most of what I posted above is an extract from the NHS website.

I've highlighted a couple of points from it which I think everyone would agree applies to your behaviour on here in respect of Brexit.

I suggest you now need to finally let it go or seek help, just as per what the NHS article advises.

744How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Apr 03 2022, 01:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

745How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Apr 03 2022, 07:34

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Thought I would pop my head in to this Forum after not really bothering for a few years. Having just read the now locked Brexit thread last page I can now see why I left in the first place. It seems like two people just rub each other up the wrong way. For that reason, as quick as I came back I will be gone again.

746How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Apr 03 2022, 08:28

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

More Granuad Lusty, you really should update your reading choices. This guys a louse but I really can’t see what his politics has to do with it, he could just as easily have been in one of the other parties and in fact had he been a Labour or Lib Dem MP I doubt you’d have bothered posting at all. I don’t always agree with Sluffy but your complete obsession with trying to find anything negative about the Tories would worry me if I were you. ☺

747How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Apr 03 2022, 11:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

More Granuad Lusty, you really should update your reading choices. This guys a louse but I really can’t see what his politics has to do with it, he could just as easily have been in one of the other parties and in fact had he been a Labour or Lib Dem MP I doubt you’d have bothered posting at all. I don’t always agree with Sluffy but your complete obsession with trying to find anything negative about the Tories would worry me if I were you. ☺
In your own words, what is the point of this thread if it's not to comment on and discuss the government?

And FYI this has nothing to do with my "reading choices" as every newspaper and TV channel is covering the story.

So come on then, tell me what is the point of this thread? After all it covers all of the government's successes doesn't it?

748How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Apr 03 2022, 11:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dunkels King wrote:Having just read the now locked Brexit thread last page I can now see why I left in the first place.
Ironically, the Brexit thread was closed as a result of posting an article which discussed a potential way to break the dialogue impasse between the two disparate groups by shifting the conversation to something that the majority of both camps actually agree upon.

749How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Apr 03 2022, 12:44

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Ironically, the Brexit thread was closed as a result of posting an article which discussed a potential way to break the dialogue impasse between the two disparate groups by shifting the conversation to something that the majority of both camps actually agree upon.

I don’t think it was closed specifically for that post Lusty, more that yourself mainly and ok, could never bring yourselves to even consider anything positive about our leaving. I agreed with you on numerous occasions that we hadn’t so far achieved many of the benefits of leaving but clearly the Covid situation immediately after the last election completely changed the landscape. Continually making the same points over and over again became more than tedious until personally I just stopped trying and felt it wasn’t worth posting.

For what it’s worth, I don’t agree that Sluffy should have locked the thread because everyone should be free to air their views even if disagreed with. Hopefully he’ll have a rethink because it’s actually a thread about our future now we’re independent again lots will change as we go forward which will be genuinely worth discussion. Brexit though is behind us now and I’d only ask that instead of just constantly bemoaning that fact, accept it, accept where we are and move on. I don’t want to speak for Sluffy but I believe that’s essentially what he’s getting at.

750How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Apr 03 2022, 12:55

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
In your own words, what is the point of this thread if it's not to comment on and discuss the government?

And FYI this has nothing to do with my "reading choices" as every newspaper and TV channel is covering the story.

So come on then, tell me what is the point of this thread? After all it covers all of the government's successes doesn't it?
That’s exactly my point Lusty, this thread is to discuss the performance of the government but your post wasn’t about the government, it was about an individual MP who could have been from any party. So for me the point of this thread is to comment on the governments abysmal fixation with the net zero cobblers and the unnecessary pressures it’s putting on the population who never voted for it but are feeling the expense of it. It’s about going back on manifesto promises on taxes and the triple lock and ignoring the financial suffering in the Spring Statement. It’s about the lack of action by government on illegal immigration and also their complete reluctance to challenge the EU over N Ireland. I could go on Lusty because as a Tory I don’t live under a mushroom and can see that this lot are garbage but the fact is they’re still better than the opposition, which obviously says much about the state of all our Parliamentarians today I’m afraid because I don’t rate any of them. Now if the Labour Party suddenly had a Damocles conversion and became remotely electable, I’d have a choice. Sadly I don’t so until that happens I’ll just have to keep on with this lot.

751How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Apr 03 2022, 14:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I don’t think it was closed specifically for that post Lusty, more that yourself mainly and ok, could never bring yourselves to even consider anything positive about our leaving. I agreed with you on numerous occasions that we hadn’t so far achieved many of the benefits of leaving but clearly the Covid situation immediately after the last election completely changed the landscape. Continually making the same points over and over again became more than tedious until personally I just stopped trying and felt it wasn’t worth posting.

For what it’s worth, I don’t agree that Sluffy should have locked the thread because everyone should be free to air their views even if disagreed with. Hopefully he’ll have a rethink because it’s actually a thread about our future now we’re independent again lots will change as we go forward which will be genuinely worth discussion. Brexit though is behind us now and I’d only ask that instead of just constantly bemoaning that fact, accept it, accept where we are and move on. I don’t want to speak for Sluffy but I believe that’s essentially what he’s getting at.

Everyone else 'felt it wasn't worth posting' anything contrary to Wanderlust neuroses a long time back 63.

Personally I don't think there is any worthwhile point in unlocking the thread.

The issue isn't about Brexit, it is about Wanderlust's hatred and obsession of it ever since - that together with his hatred of all things Tory too.

He's immediately since started to comment about Brexit on this thread instead and will post about it on any other thread we have where he can find any opportunity to do so.

He's only making an issue over the Tory MP's sexual harassment - simply because he happens to be a member of the Conservative party - compare that with an almost identical case from a few months back where a Labour MP did the same...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-57084533

...what did Wanderlust say about it at the time...

...absolutely nothing, never mentioned it.

The only difference is one MP is Tory and the other wasn't.

He's got an illness and he vocalises his obsession and hatred of the Tory Party/Brexit on here.

He claims he's just stating his opinion but he isn't, he stating his bias, prejudice, hatred and loathing.

No one engages with him on Nuts on those issues apart from you and I suspect no one engages with him on those issues in the real world either - that's why he needs this place as his outlet for his constant outpourings and diatribes.

He's simply not rational or measured on the subjects - rather he thinks he's was right and the rest of the world wasn't and he won't let go until everybody agrees with him and presumably puts everything back to how it was before, in some magical way or other???

Nobody cares though, the rest of us have long since accepted that Brexit has been bad and Boris is a liar and probably much worse - but we can't do nothing about it, the former for at least a generation and the latter probably until the next General Election at the earliest (and he probably will win that too!).

I just don't (and never have) seen the point of coming on to a forum just to post hatred and anger?  Why would anybody want to read that every day - I certainly wouldn't.

This was supposed to be a light hearted football forum based around a shared interest in our football club.

It isn't a platform for Wanderlust's neuroses!

Brexit has happened and we've all moved on - if Wanderlust can't accept that then that is his problem and not Nuts.

If any of the other mods want to unlock the thread, well that is up to them but if they do then they must know that this bile and hatred from Wanderlust will simply perpetuate and just never end.

Is that truly what people really want on here?

752How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Apr 03 2022, 17:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
That’s exactly my point Lusty, this thread is to discuss the performance of the government but your post wasn’t about the government, it was about an individual MP who could have been from any party. So for me the point of this thread is to comment on the governments abysmal fixation with the net zero cobblers and the unnecessary pressures it’s putting on the population who never voted for it but are feeling the expense of it. It’s about going back on manifesto promises on taxes and the triple lock and ignoring the financial suffering in the Spring Statement. It’s about the lack of action by government on illegal immigration and also their complete reluctance to challenge the EU over N Ireland. I could go on Lusty because as a Tory I don’t live under a mushroom and can see that this lot are garbage but the fact is they’re still better than the opposition, which obviously says much about the state of all our Parliamentarians today I’m afraid because I don’t rate any of them. Now if the Labour Party suddenly had a Damocles conversion and became remotely electable, I’d have a choice. Sadly I don’t so until that happens I’ll just have to keep on with this lot.
Fair enough - although this isn't the kind of sleazy behaviour i.e. sexual perversion and drugs that one associates with other parties historically is it?

As for the manifesto...'nuff said Smile

753How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Apr 03 2022, 21:19

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think historically Lusty we didn’t have social media or mobile phone photos and recordings or I suspect there would have been a good many sleazy actions recorded. Equally there weren’t as many disruptive groups in the past just looking for an opportunity to highlight indiscretions. Times have changed and it actually must be really difficult right now to be an MP, I certainly wouldn’t want to be one. That doesn’t excuse anyone but just because it hadn’t been publicised, I’d be absolutely amazed if a number of our MP’s, from all parties, haven’t got drug or other stories that haven’t been uncovered. 🤔😙

754How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Apr 04 2022, 08:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dunkels King wrote:Thought I would pop my head in to this Forum after not really bothering for a few years. Having just read the now locked Brexit thread last page I can now see why I left in the first place. It seems like two people just rub each other up the wrong way. For that reason, as quick as I came back I will be gone again.
And we wonder why this forum has less and less posters  Rolling Eyes

755How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Apr 04 2022, 10:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
And we wonder why this forum has less and less posters  Rolling Eyes
See "Is there going to be a war?" post 150.

756How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Apr 04 2022, 10:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
I agree mate but the two of you are putting off other people posting with you and Sluffy going at it over and over again, you both need to reign it in a bit.

757How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Apr 04 2022, 10:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
I agree mate but the two of you are putting off other people posting with you and Sluffy going at it over and over again, you both need to reign it in a bit.

Goodness me, the penny has finally dropped with you at long last Norpig - happy days!

Well done.

There's always been TWO sides to all this and up to know it's been made out to be ALL my fault for everything that has gone on - that I'm the bad guy in all of this.

Maybe now we can start to move back to a long desired return to how the site once was if others such as yourself start to call out Wanderlust for his part in all that has been going on.

758How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Apr 04 2022, 10:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
I promise I will never, ever start the mud-slinging.

Now let's see what happens....Smile

759How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Apr 04 2022, 10:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've said a few times over the YEARS this has been going on that it's both of you.

This site is a forum and should be open to discussion but you two just can't stop the pissing contest. I have nothing against either of you but you both can be as bad as each other, it sometimes feels like it's just you two butting heads on here which does put off new posters and old posters who come back like Dunkel yesterday.

760How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Apr 04 2022, 11:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I've said a few times over the YEARS this has been going on that it's both of you.
I think you need to compare the number of times I've actually initiated the mud-slinging as opposed to responded to personal attacks before you draw that conclusion mate.

Anyhow, I've agreed that henceforth, I will try not to initiate anything personal so what else do you want me to do?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum