Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory Government Doing?

+19
Sluffy
Norpig
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
wessy
Whitesince63
Growler
Feby
wanderlust
okocha
Ten Bobsworth
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 50]

921How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Nov 06 2023, 22:52

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Even The Prof is getting sick to the back teeth of his once beloved Conservative party after Mone's admissions.

922How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Nov 06 2023, 23:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hip Priest wrote:After 3 years and a stream of constant, repeated and emphatic denials of any involvement whatsoever, an authorised spokesperson for the pair of them has said that they both were involved with PPE Medpro.
What's more the government were fully aware of the situation all along and sat on it's hands and did nothing to contradict their denials.
Now why would that be?
Well done to the likes of Led by Donkeys, Good Law Project, David Conn etc

You still don't get it do you?

There is nothing wrong in getting a contract awarded to a company that you have an involved in IF you declare an interest in it first...

Declaration means drawing attention to registered or unregistered interests on almost any occasion when someone else might consider them to influence what you say or do.

https://guidetoprocedure.parliament.uk/articles/xl01eB4L/declaring-and-registering-interests#:~:text=Declaring%20interests,-Declaring%20interests%20is&text=Declaration%20means%20drawing%20attention%20to,what%20you%20say%20or%20do.

You should then step away from any following debates in the company that you have declared an interest in.

It would seem that Mone had NOT declared an interest in Medpro to the House of Lords.

That is where she has acted 'illegally'.

IF she declared an interest to the 'government' prior to the decision to award the contract to Medpro, then she in this respect has done nothing wrong depending on WHO was the person who placed the offer to supply into the VIP Lane.

As I understand it Mone herself didn't do so but she badgered someone else to do it under their name.

Bit of a grey area but even so, no more than a knuckle wrap at worse for doing so.

The contract was evaluated and awarded (as I keep telling you) by Civil Servants and Mone or anyone else had any influence over the awarding of the contracts - The government independent auditors, the judiciary in the form of the High Court Judicial Review judges (who ruled AGAINST Maugham/The Good Law Project) and Parliament's, Public Account Committee have ALL separately examined the process and ALL found it to be safe from any undue influences.

Why Mone has been telling lies for the last three years is anyone's guess - we have only her word that she told the government - but IF she did prior to the awarding of the contracts then she is in the clear.

That's how the system works.

She might be suspended (or worse?) from the House of Lords for failure to disclose to them but just because she had an interest in a company that won a huge contract is not illegal or improper in any way providing she declared a financial interest in it BEFORE any decisions were taken in respect of awarding of that contract.

As for the government' sitting on their hands', what did you expect them to do?

It isn't the government's job to disclose such information in respect of contractual confidentiality - it also doesn't want to get involved with Mone who clearly hasn't declared it in the proper way to the House of Lords which she is required to do.

Believe it or not (and you won't) the government acted properly by not getting involved in a private matter of Mone's.

923How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Nov 07 2023, 12:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just for 63. Your favourite Prof.

924How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Nov 07 2023, 14:01

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:Just for 63. Your favourite Prof.
Oh dear, more wet, woke drivel from our pretend Tory in a hat. As for Wasi, she is just another Muslim sympathiser who was removed from her position as Party Chairman due to her one sided views. Then again, any interview or interviewee on Sly could be expected to take an anti Tory view. Suella is a breath of fresh air as one who speaks her mind and as in tune with the majority of the British people.

925How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Nov 07 2023, 15:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Oh dear, more wet, woke drivel from our pretend Tory in a hat. As for Wasi, she is just another Muslim sympathiser who was removed from her position as Party Chairman due to her one sided views. Then again, any interview or interviewee on Sly could be expected to take an anti Tory view. Suella is a breath of fresh air as one who speaks her mind and as in tune with the majority of the British people.
Priceless.  :rofl:

926How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Nov 07 2023, 16:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Suella is a breath of fresh air as one who speaks her mind and as in tune with the majority of the British people.

I don't know what's scarier about that comment - the fact you think she is a breath of fresh air or you are under the impression the majority of the British public think like you.

Seriously, get yourself some new friends.

927How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Nov 07 2023, 17:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:Suella is a breath of fresh air as one who speaks her mind and as in tune with the majority of the British people.

I don't know what's scarier about that comment - the fact you think she is a breath of fresh air or you are under the impression the majority of the British public think like you.

Very Happy Very Happy

928How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Nov 07 2023, 17:57

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Happy with the friends I’ve got thanks Nat and at least they can see the problems we face instead of turning their backs on them like you and others on here do. We need politicians who aren’t afraid to voice opinions instead of the insipid, woke numptys you support. As one who’s quite forthright yourself, on here at least Nat, I’d have thought you’d have appreciated that? 😊

929How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Nov 07 2023, 18:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The thing is 63, whatever the conservatives say they are going to do, they do the complete opposite.

Take immigration for example. They keep banging on about stopping the so called refugees etc then make the problem even worse. They have made a laughing stock out of themselves with the bloody Rwanda plan.

If they truly wanted to sort it out then it’s easy to do yet they don’t because they seem to like them filling the job vacancies or whatever.

Why are they not going after the covid loan fraud? They are happy to shit on the poor though as they are an easy target!

930How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Tue Nov 07 2023, 18:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Happy with the friends I’ve got thanks Nat and at least they can see the problems we face instead of turning their backs on them like you and others on here do.

Do you and your friends also think being homeless is a lifestyle choice like your queen does?

931How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Nov 08 2023, 12:06

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Do you and your friends also think being homeless is a lifestyle choice like your queen does?

Why don’t you actually listen to what she said instead of making it fit your own agenda? She said it’s a lifestyle choice to “Some People” which it is and even some of the homeless charities have stated that but obviously you know better. I don’t agree with the terminology “lifestyle choice” but she’s bang on with the sentiment. 

People stay on the street for a variety of reasons. Fear of being robbed or hurt in hostels, fear of losing their spaces and even because hostels won’t allow their dogs in. For these people some councils have been offering tents but this is now leading to issues for local residents and it is this that Braverman is trying to raise and obviously she’s done a good job judging by your reaction, however myopic it is.

932How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Nov 08 2023, 12:11

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:The thing is 63, whatever the conservatives say they are going to do, they do the complete opposite.

Take immigration for example. They keep banging on about stopping the so called refugees etc then make the problem even worse. They have made a laughing stock out of themselves with the bloody Rwanda plan.

If they truly wanted to sort it out then it’s easy to do yet they don’t because they seem to like them filling the job vacancies or whatever.

Why are they not going after the covid loan fraud? They are happy to shit on the poor though as they are an easy target!
Karly, I’ve never disagreed that I think the Tories have been a shambles and I’m ashamed of what they’ve done, or should I say not done? This isn’t a Conservative Party it’s a sham but we’re stuck with it until at least the next election. Sadly I don’t see much of an alternative on the other side and Labour true colours prompted by recent events, are now coming to the fore. Unfortunately we’re in a period where whatever we vote for were likely to be disappointed. ☹

933How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Nov 08 2023, 13:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Why don’t you actually listen to what she said instead of making it fit your own agenda? She said it’s a lifestyle choice to “Some People” which it is and even some of the homeless charities have stated that but obviously you know better.

I know that no one, not a single person, wants or chooses to live on the streets.

Given a choice between a nice little flat with running water or sleeping in a doorway in January, I guarantee you no one would choose to sleep rough.

The fact you think there are loads of people happy to be sleeping on a park bench shows just how out of touch you are.

934How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Nov 08 2023, 13:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Karly, I’ve never disagreed that I think the Tories have been a shambles and I’m ashamed of what they’ve done, or should I say not done?

Whitesince63 wrote:Suella is a breath of fresh air as one who speaks her mind and as in tune with the majority of the British people

You flip-flop more than Boris.

935How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Nov 08 2023, 14:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Why don’t you actually listen to what she said instead of making it fit your own agenda? She said it’s a lifestyle choice to “Some People” which it is and even some of the homeless charities have stated that but obviously you know better. I don’t agree with the terminology “lifestyle choice” but she’s bang on with the sentiment. 

People stay on the street for a variety of reasons. Fear of being robbed or hurt in hostels, fear of losing their spaces and even because hostels won’t allow their dogs in. For these people some councils have been offering tents but this is now leading to issues for local residents and it is this that Braverman is trying to raise and obviously she’s done a good job judging by your reaction, however myopic it is.

It's only a lifestyle choice when the alternatives are even shitier.

I wouldn't class it as a 'choice' to live on the street as people are but more a 'lifestyle no other reasonable alternative' - which isn't a choice at all really is it?

To be honest I don't really feel much sympathy for those who end up at the bottom of our society - most if not all of them have had some sort of help in their lives but seem not to make the most of it due to their various addictions or mental health issues.

Before anyone starts I've got a good heart and will try to help anyone but if they choose not to help themselves for whatever reasons they have, then I'll just walkaway and let them get on with it.

Society is broken both at the bottom, with the lack of respect people these days show to each other - the 'entitled' masses who stormed Wembley in the Euro Final for instance or who couldn't give a fuck about the simple Covid rules - and at the top where we have the likes of Johnson, Mone, Cummings, etc who simply don't believe the rules apply to them.

It isn't politics that is the problem it is we, ourselves, that have lost that sense of boundaries that we should live our lives and show respect to others, within, instead we are becoming lawless - look at theft from shops for instance and greedy - how rich is enough - look at footballers and golfers who have millions and still want more.

It isn't my world anymore so I tend to be social and pleasant but keep my own views to myself and use the excuse of being old as to not really understanding what is going on.

Going back to the homeless, I was once advised by someone who knows these things, that if someone asks for money, give them food, and if someone begs for food give them money.

The reason being if they want money it is for drugs or alcohol, if they want food - they really do want food so instead of buying them a bag of chips or whatever, give them the money to buy themselves what they really need.

They all ask for money in my part of the world and shoplift the food they want or goods to sell on.

As for Braverman, she's just another Libertarian loony disciple, as that's the current requisite for a career path in the Tories these days.

936How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Nov 08 2023, 15:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:To be honest I don't really feel much sympathy for those who end up at the bottom of our society - most if not all of them have had some sort of help in their lives but seem not to make the most of it due to their various addictions or mental health issues.

Utter crap.

No need for a 65 page rebuttal though, I won't read it.

937How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Nov 08 2023, 16:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:To be honest I don't really feel much sympathy for those who end up at the bottom of our society - most if not all of them have had some sort of help in their lives but seem not to make the most of it due to their various addictions or mental health issues.

Utter crap.

No need for a 65 page rebuttal though, I won't read it.

Believe whatever you want, I'm just stating my experience with those and the various agencies who do find themselves down and out and in need of help and support services.

Maybe you have had a different experience of such to me.

If so, good for you and those in need in your area.

938How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Nov 08 2023, 16:24

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nat, I second everything you write on this thread and am ashamed of BW fans who argue the opposite

939How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Nov 08 2023, 18:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

940How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Nov 08 2023, 23:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yip, me and Pie are on the same page about Braverman...

Sluffy wrote:As for Braverman, she's just another Libertarian loony disciple, as that's the current requisite for a career path in the Tories these days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum