Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory Government Doing?

+19
Sluffy
Norpig
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
wessy
Whitesince63
Growler
Feby
wanderlust
okocha
Ten Bobsworth
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 48 of 50]

941How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 09 2023, 08:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Braverman is a disgusting human being, she's so obviously looking to be the next leader and is trying to win over the far right in the party and public.

942How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 09 2023, 13:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy wrote:Yip, me and Pie are on the same page about Braverman...

Sluffy wrote:As for Braverman, she's just another Libertarian loony disciple, as that's the current requisite for a career path in the Tories these days.

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Nov 09 2023, 23:14; edited 2 times in total

943How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 09 2023, 17:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m not bothered Braverman is still part of the government. It means the Labour Party will have an even easier chance to be in power after the next G.E.

The Tories are slowly but surely falling apart and I'm glad. I’m also beginning to think the majority of the nation are also fed up with them.

944How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Nov 09 2023, 18:38

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:I’m not bothered Braverman is still part of the government. It means the Labour Party will have an even easier chance to be in power after the next G.E.

The Tories are slowly but surely falling apart and I'm glad. I’m also beginning to think the majority of the nation are also fed up with them.
You may be right Karly and you certainly are about the majority being fed up with the Tories, including this one but I wouldn’t be too sure about Labour if I were you. They do have a habit of self destructing, drawing defeat from the jaws of victory and the way things are going over Gaza, it’s beginning to reveal a side of the party that Starmers been keen to hide. As the saying goes, a week is a long time in Politics so a year is an eternity and plenty of time for the tide to completely turn. 🤔

945How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Fri Nov 10 2023, 11:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Question for 63. Are you Dr No? Do you chop the heads off rabbits?

946How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Sat Nov 11 2023, 10:26

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:Question for 63. Are you Dr No? Do you chop the heads off rabbits?
Sacre blue non! I love bunnies. 😳

947How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Sat Nov 11 2023, 10:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Wait till new see my new coat. I'll be voting Tory within months. Shocked

948How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Sat Nov 11 2023, 11:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:
Wait till new see my new coat. I'll be voting Tory within months. Shocked

I thought they were more into skinning the cat. Very Happy

949How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Sun Nov 12 2023, 12:54

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:

I thought they were more into skinning the cat. Very Happy
Go ahead, I can’t stand cats!! 😎

950How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Nov 13 2023, 09:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy wrote:As for Braverman, she's just another Libertarian loony disciple, as that's the current requisite for a career path in the Tories these days.

BREAKING
Suella Braverman has been sacked

Posted at 9:09
BREAKING
David Cameron - the new foreign secretary?
Henry Zeffman

Chief political correspondent, outside No 10

In the last few minutes, David Cameron has gone into Downing Street.

I think - I don't know - but I think that means he's going to be the new foreign secretary.

We've already seen James Cleverly go in - he's currently the foreign secretary and it looks like he's going to be the new home secretary (replacing Suella Braverman).

So I think Rishi Sunak may now be in the process of making Cameron - the former prime minister, from 2010 to 2016 and out of politics for the last seven years - the foreign secretary.

He's certainly taking a job in government - or he wouldn't be going through that door today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-67370421

951How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Nov 13 2023, 09:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Tories really are a bunch of cunts. It is high time we had a general election!

952How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Nov 13 2023, 09:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At Last the heartless bitch has gone  cheers

I didn't think Cameron was even still an MP?

953How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Nov 13 2023, 10:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:At Last the heartless bitch has gone  cheers

I didn't think Cameron was even still an MP?

He's not.

You can be a Minister if you are in the House of Lords though and if Cameron is to be given a Cabinet post then they will have to make him a Lord or something similar first and get him in that way.

It's been done many times before.

954How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Nov 13 2023, 10:09

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:The Tories really are a bunch of cunts. It is high time we had a general election!
For once Karly I totally agree with you, the sooner we get rid of the likes of Wishy Sunak and co the better. This was the final nail in the coffin this morning and adding to the insult by bringing Cameron back, oh my dear, so we might as well have the election now.

955How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Nov 13 2023, 10:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:
karlypants wrote:The Tories really are a bunch of cunts. It is high time we had a general election!
For once Karly I totally agree with you, the sooner we get rid of the likes of Wishy Sunak and co the better. This was the final nail in the coffin this morning and adding to the insult by bringing Cameron back, oh my dear, so we might as well have the election now.

God above, you rather have Braverman than Cameron???

I'm certainly no fan of Cameron, his involvement with Greensill shows what a corporate snake he is but Braverman is a Libertarian looney.

You seem to be more right wing in your beliefs than I ever imagined, I just thought you were a true traditional Tory who held traditional views and unbeknown to you've been dragged without realising it towards the extremism of the Libertarian agenda pushed by the likes of Truss and Rabb that they fed to Johnson to parrot.

That's why I thought you had a mismatch with your values and the irreconcilable behaviour of the government since Johnson's election.

Seems in fact you've become radicalised if you believe in Truss economics and Braverman politicising the police!!!

Shows how bereft of any sort of non looney top table MP's this government now has if Rishi has had to bring back Cameron.

956How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Nov 13 2023, 11:54

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

I'm certainly no fan of Cameron, his involvement with Greensill shows what a corporate snake he is but Braverman is a Libertarian looney.

You seem to be more right wing in your beliefs than I ever imagined, I just thought you were a true traditional Tory who held traditional views and unbeknown to you've been dragged without realising it towards the extremism of the Libertarian agenda pushed by the likes of Truss and Rabb that they fed to Johnson to parrot.

That's why I thought you had a mismatch with your values and the irreconcilable behaviour of the government since Johnson's election.

Seems in fact you've become radicalised if you believe in Truss economics and Braverman politicising the police!!!

Shows how bereft of any sort of non looney top table MP's this government now has if Rishi has had to bring back Cameron.
What an utter load of shite. I haven’t moved one inch in my beliefs it’s myopics like you who’ve been dragged to the left who should be looking at themselves. It’s not far right to want a politician who can see the damage done to this country. It’s not far right to want a police force to uphold the law and it’s not far right to expect people invitedd or allowed into this country to obey the laws, respect the culture and have respect for those with different views. 

Get off your bloody high horse you moron and look at the state of our country that people like you with your stupid, false interpretations have brought about. This country is a cess pit and will only get worse as long as people like you stand by and claim “far right” at people who can see the brainwashing that’s taken place and call it out. Unless people like Braverman are bold enough to stand up and bring it to the fore our descent will continue but that’s alright as long as conceited no marks like you can keep ignoring reality and pontificating your crap.

957How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Nov 13 2023, 13:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry 63, but Sluffy is spot on.
The Republicans across the pond have been dragged to the far right by a cadre of nut jobs, still in thrall to the orange Jesus, and the Tories are in danger of taking the same route.
The Republicans are now struggling to get their party back to some sort of normality, but it's going to be tough.
The Tories need to take heed.
Every Parliament needs a strong opposition, and the way you're going, you won't be it.

958How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Nov 13 2023, 13:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

What an utter load of shite. I haven’t moved one inch in my beliefs it’s myopics like you who’ve been dragged to the left who should be looking at themselves. It’s not far right to want a politician who can see the damage done to this country. It’s not far right to want a police force to uphold the law and it’s not far right to expect people invitedd or allowed into this country to obey the laws, respect the culture and have respect for those with different views. 

Get off your bloody high horse you moron and look at the state of our country that people like you with your stupid, false interpretations have brought about. This country is a cess pit and will only get worse as long as people like you stand by and claim “far right” at people who can see the brainwashing that’s taken place and call it out. Unless people like Braverman are bold enough to stand up and bring it to the fore our descent will continue but that’s alright as long as conceited no marks like you can keep ignoring reality and pontificating your crap.

Hahaha!

I might well be a moron and a conceited no mark (I never really understood what that actually meant - it's just scouse slang off Brookside isn't it like 'smeg' is a made up word from Red Dwarf?) but taking the independence of the police force away and telling it what to do by the government in power is highly dangerous and what country's like Russia and China do.

Don't you realise that - well clearly you didn't.

There are three powers in how this country functions and they are all equal - or at least they should be.

They are 'Parliament' that votes on the proposals of the 'Executive' which are the Cabinet of the Party in power, and if Parliament votes the proposals into law, then you have the 'Judiciary' who applies the law to the letter without fear or favour.

The police simply act to enforce the law and bring perpetrators to the judiciary to ascertain their innocence or guilt, they are not one of the three pillars of the constitution.

Each of the three pillars of the constitution act as counter balances to the other and keep them in check.

If you hadn't noticed - and you clearly haven't, under the Johnson government the Tory government has usurped Parliament on a number of occasions and clearly treated it with scant regard.

Braverman's actions that led to her sacking was to clearly to attempt to take the police under her control and politicise them in doing the governments bidding - totally unacceptable in a democracy.

It was sheer ideology and a total contempt of how our constitution works that Braverman clearly believed she had the right to do - if you want to live in a police state then pop along to Russia or China because I certainly don't want to live under one.

I know you are blind to it but the likes of Braverman, Truss, et al, are fanatics, extremists in their views, their belief - Libertarianism - is that the state should basically be rolled back to nothing and be replaced by an autocracy of companies and businessmen - an oligarchy if you will.

An end to trade unionism, minimum wages, workers rights - an end to Human Rights.

Ok there is a lot of shit to do with wokeism, transsexuals, illegal immigration, etc, etc, we have to put up with but I rather have that shit than live like the Russians and Chinese have to.

I'm sure you think I'm mad but I'm not, once we lose our freedoms we won't get them back and they are worth fighting for and not giving them away without thinking because we want to stop a few protesters or loads of Albanians or whoever in rubber boats getting in here illegally.

Every day you remind me more and more of the Straw Man in the Wizard of Oz - no insult intended - you just do!

959How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Nov 13 2023, 13:59

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy, I didn’t even bother reading your reply because it’s so long and I can imagine exactly what it contains. I apologise for my insults in the last post but you really must be one of the most conceited and arrogant individuals I’ve ever encountered believing that you know at all where I stand politically. Why you have to label as far right people who regret the country’s demise as I do is patently just ridiculous. We care Sluffy about what’s happening and the dumbing down of what was a peaceful, organised, humane and accommodating country into something almost unrecognisable and increasingly unsafe. If that is far right the co7nt me in but it’s not how I see it. If you’re content with a country where Muslim immigrants flagrantly parade their antisemitic and warlike views on our streets, where children down tools because they’re denied of bringing in litters because they identify as bloody cats then you carry on. As for me and I suggest the vast majority of normal people in this country things have gone too far and someone needs to be brave enough to stand up and say it.

960How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 48 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Mon Nov 13 2023, 15:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hate this far left, far right bollocks.

I’m not a fan of any party. I just want what I feel is best for the ordinary person. Not the mega rich.

The Tories have been in power for the last 13 years fucking around bringing in new prime ministers and doing countless reshuffles which nobody has had a true say in.

Once a prime minister steps down then it should trigger a general election which is much fairer regardless of which party you vote for.

The rules of all this need looking into and sorting out.

We have been lied to regarding how the government are going to solve the refugee problem countless times. We have had Braverman coming out trying to make it illegal to live in a fucking tent saying it is a lifestyle choice for fuck sake.

Playing with the economy to name a few.

I’ve voted Labour and UKIP (I think) in the past and I voted the conservatives in after Labour fucked up last time.

I’m sick of being lied to now and I want the whole party out as they have made this country even worse!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 48 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum