Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BRING BACK LUSTY

+15
Mad Dog
Boggersbelief
observer
BoltonTillIDie
Breadman
okocha
Hip Priest
wessy
Feby
Ten Bobsworth
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 11]

81BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Sun Nov 13 2022, 22:47

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

finlaymcdanger wrote:
You’re wrong, Fuckwit. It’s because I used to come here more regularly for some Wanderers related entertainment and not to be bored to death about FGR or have to battle my way through argument after argument.
My comment above was an attempt to find a solution to the issue and to avoid alienating anyone. Show me where I’ve got involved in the political bickering on here. Explain why you think I have a chip in my shoulder about it - I don’t even live in the UK so what right have I to get involved? And what about hiding someone who bores the fuck out of me makes me a soft git? 
It’s comment like yours above that creates the animosity across the Nuts community. You boring cunt!
Charmed, I’m sure.
QED

82BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Sun Nov 13 2022, 23:05

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Charmed, I’m sure.
QED
Appreciate you keeping it brief. 😉

83BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Sun Nov 13 2022, 23:28

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Appreciate you keeping it brief. 😉
Pleased you’ve had a mouth wash.

84BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon Nov 14 2022, 07:44

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Fin is an excellent poster. And pithy. Always remember the pith. Pity he's not on as much these days.
I hate people who have a life. Very Happy
Come off it, Boncey. He’s a typical example of the potty-mouthed, snotty-nosed, chip-on-the shoulder, lefty bigots that have dominated Nuts for as long as I can remember.

85BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon Nov 14 2022, 10:54

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Come off it, Boncey. He’s a typical example of the potty-mouthed, snotty-nosed, chip-on-the shoulder, lefty bigots that have dominated Nuts for as long as I can remember.
People just have different views Bob and surely that’s the point of sites like this, to express them? I might agree with you on the “virtuous” left position of some of our posters but I’m sure they have just as much dislike of my right of centre opinions. At least we should be able to come on here and argue them forcibly without resorting to abuse and swearing at each other. I respect everyone’s right to a view even if I disagree with it and it’s just a shame that there currently seems to be an antagonistic and unaccepting mood infecting the sight. It didn’t start with the Sluffy/Lusty thing but it does seem to have increased it and it might help if Sluffy saw reason and allowed Lusty back.

86BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon Nov 14 2022, 11:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
People just have different views Bob and surely that’s the point of sites like this, to express them? I might agree with you on the “virtuous” left position of some of our posters but I’m sure they have just as much dislike of my right of centre opinions. At least we should be able to come on here and argue them forcibly without resorting to abuse and swearing at each other. I respect everyone’s right to a view even if I disagree with it and it’s just a shame that there currently seems to be an antagonistic and unaccepting mood infecting the sight. It didn’t start with the Sluffy/Lusty thing but it does seem to have increased it and it might help if Sluffy saw reason and allowed Lusty back.
Mad Dog puts me in the same bracket, and wants us all banned. 63 too. We've all got chips on our shoulders apparently.
I don't want anyone banned. Whatever gets thrown at me, I'll take. I'm no snowflake, unlike some of our more conservative types.
I don't include 63 in this. Despite our differences he's always managed to retain a modicum of acceptance of views contrary to his own, and, importantly, retained a sense of humour about our egotistical little group.
Let people say what they like. Be as potty mouthed as you like. I can take it or leave it. I can ignore it.
What kills a site is boredom. If Nuts dies, the culprit won't be Colonel Mustard, in the library, with the candlestick.

87BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon Nov 14 2022, 11:26

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whitesince63 wrote:
I’ve never asked for anyone to be banned but the lefty lynch mob tried their damnedest to get me banned for calling out their sanctimonious drivel and claptrap.
Poor Sluffy was forced into appeasing the Bolshevik barstewards by implementing a seven-day suspension but you may not remember any of that.

88BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon Nov 14 2022, 11:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I’ve never asked for anyone to be banned but the lefty lynch mob tried their damnedest to get me banned for calling out their sanctimonious drivel and claptrap.
Poor Sluffy was forced into appeasing the Bolshevik barstewards by implementing a seven-day suspension but you may not remember any of that.
I think you got off on the wrong foot, calling people blockheads. Pretty mild, but you should have eased into it.
At times it was like trying to deal with Neville King's dummy. A fine piece of timber, but difficult.

89BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon Nov 14 2022, 11:50

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I think you got off on the wrong foot, calling people blockheads. Pretty mild, but you should have eased into it.
At times it was like trying to deal with Neville King's dummy. A fine piece of timber, but difficult.

You're right about that, Boncey. 'Blockheads' was mild but it was enough to have the Wolfie Smith-types frothing at the mouth before resorting to 'send to Coventry' mode.

90BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon Nov 14 2022, 14:51

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

The simple fact of the matter "Bob" is that you made an unprovoked and personal attack on me (and Okocha) and I simply defended myself. I'm not one to sit down when unjustly provoked.

Your out of nowhere claim that we're "soft gits that hate anyone with info that doesn't fit in with your chip-on-the-shoulder political prejudices" is a joke, especially when the topic of conversation was about bringing back Lusty. I don't get involved in the political articles on here and don't believe I have ever engaged in political debate with the Ten Bobsworth account. Any kind of debate for that matter.

For the record, and in response to your comment "the lefty lynch mob tried their damnedest to get me banned for calling out their sanctimonious drivel and claptrap", you're wrong to include me in that too. In case you're holding some kind of grudge against me (because you're actually someone else) I've never tried to get you banned on here.

I'm happy to step out and let things blow over but your attack on me was unwarranted. Unless this latest provocation is all about burying the Sluffy/Lusty Poll results I just don't understand your motivation.

What I do understand after years of being a member of Nuts is that there always has to be a target. There's always someone being victimized and with Lusty gone attention quickly shifted to provoking me and Okocha. Good for engagement? Maybe. Good for cultivating an entertaining culture and community? Definitely not IMO.

Enjoy your day.

PS. To anyone still reading - fake accounts are a great source of damage on here.

91BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon Nov 14 2022, 15:15

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

finlaymcdanger wrote:

The simple fact of the matter "Bob" is that you made an unprovoked and personal attack on me (and Okocha) and I simply defended myself. I'm not one to sit down when unjustly provoked.

Your out of nowhere claim that we're "soft gits that hate anyone with info that doesn't fit in with your chip-on-the-shoulder political prejudices" is a joke, especially when the topic of conversation was about bringing back Lusty. I don't get involved in the political articles on here and don't believe I have ever engaged in political debate with the Ten Bobsworth account. Any kind of debate for that matter.

For the record, and in response to your comment "the lefty lynch mob tried their damnedest to get me banned for calling out their sanctimonious drivel and claptrap", you're wrong to include me in that too. In case you're holding some kind of grudge against me (because you're actually someone else) I've never tried to get you banned on here.

I'm happy to step out and let things blow over but your attack on me was unwarranted. Unless this latest provocation is all about burying the Sluffy/Lusty Poll results I just don't understand your motivation.

What I do understand after years of being a member of Nuts is that there always has to be a target. There's always someone being victimized and with Lusty gone attention quickly shifted to provoking me and Okocha. Good for engagement? Maybe. Good for cultivating an entertaining culture and community? Definitely not IMO.

Enjoy your day.

PS. To anyone still reading - fake accounts are a great source of damage on here.

An unfortunate mistake then? Not a potty-mouthed lefty at all? Tell it to the marines.

92BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Tue Nov 15 2022, 09:22

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Mad Dog puts me in the same bracket, and wants us all banned. 63 too. We've all got chips on our shoulders apparently.
I don't want anyone banned. Whatever gets thrown at me, I'll take. I'm no snowflake, unlike some of our more conservative types.
I don't include 63 in this. Despite our differences he's always managed to retain a modicum of acceptance of views contrary to his own, and, importantly, retained a sense of humour about our egotistical little group.
Let people say what they like. Be as potty mouthed as you like. I can take it or leave it. I can ignore it.
What kills a site is boredom. If Nuts dies, the culprit won't be Colonel Mustard, in the library, with the candlestick.

When potty-mouthed abusers turn to potty-mouthed abuse, Boncey, it confirms what's going in their potty-brained heads. You'd have to be potty to take it personally but its not something to be ignored.

93BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Tue Nov 15 2022, 23:54

Feby

David Ngog
David Ngog

Lusty is busy making friends on WW.

As for Sluffy, why say 10 words when you can say 10000. The power of succinctness was lost on that man.

94BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Wed Nov 16 2022, 09:13

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Feby wrote:Lusty is busy making friends on WW.

As for Sluffy, why say 10 words when you can say 10000. The power of succinctness was lost on that man.
Bin busy, Feby? 21 posts in four years!

Anyroad, if potty-mouthed abusers are to Lusty’s taste, he’ll find no shortage of ‘em on WW.

Nice people with nice manners?

95BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Wed Nov 16 2022, 10:29

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Bin busy, Feby? 21 posts in four years!

Anyroad, if potty-mouthed abusers are to Lusty’s taste, he’ll find no shortage of ‘em on WW.

Nice people with nice manners?

I’m afraid the days of nice people with nice manners are well behind us now Bobs. I do think back to the 50’s and 60’s when I grew up and you can call it nostalgia if you want to, but most people were like that. Today everything has been dummed down and manners are sneered at, if you hold a door open for a woman you run the risk of upsetting them and accused of mysogyny!! I won’t get deeper into why because I’d be in trouble with the thought police but oh how I do wish I were back there for my kids and grandkids sakes.

96BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Wed Nov 16 2022, 10:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47p4sfnh1ajxu6gv2ydqjrlwny4t9a1p7j45bcitup&rid=giphy

97BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Wed Nov 16 2022, 13:45

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whitesince63 wrote:
I’m afraid the days of nice people with nice manners are well behind us now Bobs. I do think back to the 50’s and 60’s when I grew up and you can call it nostalgia if you want to, but most people were like that. Today everything has been dummed down and manners are sneered at, if you hold a door open for a woman you run the risk of upsetting them and accused of mysogyny!! I won’t get deeper into why because I’d be in trouble with the thought police but oh how I do wish I were back there for my kids and grandkids sakes.

I don't know about that, Whites, but there do seem to be a lot more potty-mouthed yobbos about these days and some of 'em are MPs.

Anyway all the staff at our local hospital were impeccably polite and professional when I visited last week for my first appointment since pre-COVID. A bit of a shame that my records had been deleted but you can't have everything.

98BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Thu Nov 17 2022, 09:46

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It seems that Sluffy has done a runner just as he said he would so maybe I should start a “bring back Sluffy thread as well as Lusty? 😎 I have to say that I’m rather missing both their inputs and the site is all the poorer for it. What a shame that both central characters and credible posters are missing. I’m afraid Nuts just isn’t the same without them so come back Sluffy and bring Lusty with you.

99BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Thu Nov 17 2022, 11:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:It seems that Sluffy has done a runner just as he said he would so maybe I should start a “bring back Sluffy thread as well as Lusty? 😎 I have to say that I’m rather missing both their inputs and the site is all the poorer for it. What a shame that both central characters and credible posters are missing. I’m afraid Nuts just isn’t the same without them so come back Sluffy and bring Lusty with you.
Time was, I'd log in first thing in the morning to check out what's been posted overnight, but, more and more, I'm having my lunch before I even think about having a look.
It's been a slow decline. Breadman walked away, Johnny, and a lot of other characters, real or fake, went the same way, and we've never really recovered.
I haven't even been on Chatbox for weeks. Most of the fun has gone. Sad, but perhaps it's just how the cycle goes.
We have a shelf life. And we're getting put out with the bins.
Maybe Mad Dog was right. Time for Bonce and the chip on the shoulder gang to leave the stage to newer blood.
I certainly won't be joining any other forums, but perhaps a clean break is in everyone's best interests.
Time for pastures new?
BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Pastures-new-12679

100BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 5 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Thu Nov 17 2022, 11:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:It seems that Sluffy has done a runner just as he said he would so maybe I should start a “bring back Sluffy thread as well as Lusty? 😎 I have to say that I’m rather missing both their inputs and the site is all the poorer for it. What a shame that both central characters and credible posters are missing. I’m afraid Nuts just isn’t the same without them so come back Sluffy and bring Lusty with you.

Dear me, give it a rest.

Sluffy will be back in time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum