Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume XI

+5
Ten Bobsworth
wanderlust
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Bwfc1958
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Not just Apple stickers either. Mind you, I'm not one to be talking about sticking things. Razz
Has little Boncey fully recovered from his ordeal now?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Not just Apple stickers either. Mind you, I'm not one to be talking about sticking things. Razz
Has little Boncey fully recovered from his ordeal now?

:rofl:

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Has little Boncey fully recovered from his ordeal now?
Yes, although I'm still getting flashbacks. Could have been worse though. Surprised I decided to check online for other idiots.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just been to McDonald’s for a cheeky burger and fries with the little one and to my shock horror a group of secondary school kids that look about 12 came in with a dozen cans of Pepsi and a bottle of alcohol and mixing it all under the table! Shocked

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Just been to McDonald’s for a cheeky burger and fries with the little one and to my shock horror a group of secondary school kids that look about 12 came in with a dozen cans of Pepsi and a bottle of alcohol and mixing it all under the table! Shocked
Bloody kids. When I was about 14, a gang of us got hold of a Watneys Party 7. Unfortunately, we couldn't open it, and we were reduced to hitting it with rocks in desperation. The thing eventually exploded, covering us in beer, leaving us to explain to our parents that we really hadn't been drinking, and failing miserably.
We'd have gone home for a can opener if we hadn't ventured down to Little Hulton, to try and avoid anyone who knew us.
There was a little off licence on Cleggs lane, and they'd sell to anyone, and we reckoned we were onto a good thing.
We took our can onto the railway embankment, and starting arguing about who was supposed to be bringing the  non existent can opener.
After the explosion, we slunk home to face the consequences, despite not a drop passing our lips.
Neutral

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've recently rekindled my love of tinned fruit.
Used to be a Sunday tea time favourite when I was a kid. I'd get in from playing football all day, knowing that tea would include tinned pears, probably with Carnation milk, angel layer cake, and, if we were lucky Viennese Whirls.
All washed down with some Alpine pineappleade. Lovely.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I've recently rekindled my love of tinned fruit.
Used to be a Sunday tea time favourite when I was a kid. I'd get in from playing football all day, knowing that tea would include tinned pears, probably with Carnation milk, angel layer cake, and, if we were lucky Viennese Whirls.
All washed down with some Alpine pineappleade. Lovely.

I used to love tinned peaches in syrup with vanilla ice cream with my grandad after our tea.

My mum always throws a can of fruit cocktail although in the fruit juice and not in syrup when making a trifle.



Last edited by karlypants on Tue Apr 30 2024, 08:51; edited 1 time in total

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:Just been to McDonald’s for a cheeky burger and fries with the little one and to my shock horror a group of secondary school kids that look about 12 came in with a dozen cans of Pepsi and a bottle of alcohol and mixing it all under the table! Shocked
Bloody kids. When I was about 14, a gang of us got hold of a Watneys Party 7. Unfortunately, we couldn't open it, and we were reduced to hitting it with rocks in desperation. The thing eventually exploded, covering us in beer, leaving us to explain to our parents that we really hadn't been drinking, and failing miserably.
We'd have gone home for a can opener if we hadn't ventured down to Little Hulton, to try and avoid anyone who knew us.
There was a little off licence on Cleggs lane, and they'd sell to anyone, and we reckoned we were onto a good thing.
We took our can onto the railway embankment, and starting arguing about who was supposed to be bringing the  non existent can opener.
After the explosion, we slunk home to face the consequences, despite not a drop passing our lips.
Neutral

They brought bloody bicycles in with them and started getting rowdy.

Getting pissed on a school night and bragging to other mates you had been put in the back of a police car several times isn't a good thing.

Staff were having issues with them from the off.

Glad we left when we did the little twats!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

I used to love tinned peaches with vanilla ice cream with my grandad after our tea.
That sounds nice. I'll add it to the menu. 
Mum used to make apple or rhubarb pie too. We were gluttons back then.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

They brought bloody bicycles in with them and started getting rowdy.

Getting pissed on a school night and bragging to other mates you had been put in the back of a police car several times isn't a good thing.

Staff were having issues with them from the off.

Glad we left when we did the little twats!
We were working on a retail park in Warrington, and got talking to one of the security guards. He said that one Saturday, he was called down to the travel agents on site to sort out some nine or ten year olds who were running in and out of the shop causing chaos.
When he confronted them, and told them to run along, he was met with, "I'll tell the cops you touched my bum you paedo".
He decided he didn't need that shit and walked away. Nine they may be, but they know what buttons to press.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Time for a bottle of Big Sam. Very Happy

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume XI - Page 6 Img_5010

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Or a bottle of Campo.

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume XI - Page 6 Img_5011

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On the subject of underage drinking, our offie used to sell draft sherry and you had to take in an empty pop bottle to be filled "for my nan".

Didn't go well TBH.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:On the subject of underage drinking, our offie used to sell draft sherry and you had to take in an empty pop bottle to be filled "for my nan".

Didn't go well TBH.
I hate sherry. Even the smell of it.
Don't mind a nice drop of port.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
I hate sherry. Even the smell of it.
Me too. Probably a result of getting leathered on it as a kid.
Port is a different story. Love port, love Porto, love the Douro.
If you ever get down that way, would recommend the Douro valley tour by train which skirts the river - historic and absolutely beautiful and Portillo would cream himself.
You could start at the UNESCO listed Sao Bento station in Porto:
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume XI - Page 6 Portugal-sao-bento-station-large
...but the scenery, wine stops and train nerd stuff gets better from Pinhao IMO. Tiling depicts the wine growing industry:
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume XI - Page 6 Photo1jpg
Check out this Lonely Planet review of "the train to nowhere"..

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks nice Lusty. How easy is it to get a Carrs pasty?
Sadly, I'm banned from family holidays due to my inability to behave in a manner appropriate to an Englishman abroad.
Mind you, they once allowed me to join them for a fortnight in Whitby.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Looks nice Lusty. How easy is it to get a Carrs pasty?
Sadly, I'm banned from family holidays due to my inability to behave in a manner appropriate to an Englishman abroad.
Mind you, they once allowed me to join them for a fortnight in Whitby.

Do you feel that you would fit in better on a club 18 to 30's holiday? Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Do you feel that you would fit in better on a club 18 to 30's holiday? Very Happy
Only if the 18 to 30 was the number of pints I was allowed per day. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone else use their banking app to deposit a cheque?
It's driving me mad. Trying to take a picture of the cheque is a nightmare.

'Move to top of document. Move to bottom of document, move to left. Move to right. Move to top. keep within frame. Poor lighting'.
When I finally succeed it's 'Now take photo of back of the cheque.
After going through all that, when I click to deposit, I get 'We can't deposit your cheque at the present time. Try again later'.
I've been at it all afternoon. It's only for five quid!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Anyone else use their banking app to deposit a cheque?
It's driving me mad. Trying to take a picture of the cheque is a nightmare.

'Move to top of document. Move to bottom of document, move to left. Move to right. Move to top. keep within frame. Poor lighting'.
When I finally succeed it's 'Now take photo of back of the cheque.
After going through all that, when I click to deposit, I get 'We can't deposit your cheque at the present time. Try again later'.
I've been at it all afternoon. It's only for five quid!

Laughing

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum