Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

10 points off the playoffs-not impossible.

+16
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
boltonbonce
observer
Whitesince63
wanderlust
kennster
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
scottjames30
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You do talk some rubbish sometimes 74. Some of us still have serious doubts about Freedman and for very good reasons which have been covered many times. Perhaps it slipped your notice that for the whole season we've been in and around the relegation zone when with the squad we have we should have been at the other end of the table.

As far as congratulating DF when he gets something right I'll be more than happy to do that when he does but so far he's deserved the criticism he's had. Yesterday was a start, an unexpected but very welcome result and yes lucky I do give him some credit for that and hopefully we'll see more of it in future. I think his after match interview and comments were the best he's done so far so again let's hope things are changing at last and we start to move forward.

On the Alonso thing, I made nothing up and even Dougie himself recently commented that he regretted not doing more to keep Alonso after initially blanking him. Get your facts right if your going to site people please. Wink

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:Was thinking the same thing Glos, both are out of contract in June I think and I've never thought either would be up for signing a new one. 

January will probably be our last opportunity to get something for them.
Chungy isn't out of contract until the end of the 2014/15 season. N'Gog will be going in January though.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Dougie's problem, imo is that since he came to Bolton, he likes to manage a counter attacking team, like he did at Palace, with 2 quick wingers. The team he has inherited at Bolton doesn't have 2 quick wingers and Dougie has tried to adapt his prefered formation without having the right players to benefit from this system.

I think Dougie should have picked a starting 11 which would have been more beneficial to the players at his disposal, maybe a 4-4-2 formation? Which didn't do us too bad, at the tail end of last season.

I haven't written Dougie off yet, I'm still pretty much sat on the fence, whith big fooking splinters up my arse!

Whitesince63 wrote:You do talk some rubbish sometimes 74. Some of us still have serious doubts about Freedman and for very good reasons which have been covered many times. Perhaps it slipped your notice that for the whole season we've been in and around the relegation zone when with the squad we have we should have been at the other end of the table.

As far as congratulating DF when he gets something right I'll be more than happy to do that when he does but so far he's deserved the criticism he's had. Yesterday was a start, an unexpected but very welcome result and yes lucky I do give him some credit for that and hopefully we'll see more of it in future. I think his after match interview and comments were the best he's done so far so again let's hope things are changing at last and we start to move forward.

On the Alonso thing, I made nothing up and even Dougie himself recently commented that he regretted not doing more to keep Alonso after initially blanking him. Get your facts right if your going to site people please. Wink
My point was you give no credit for him trying to work with youth and bring in good youngsters, the fact he's sorted out the defence or that he's improved the fitness of players. It's also looking as if he's brought us a goalscorer in for free in Beckford (who's said himself the main reason he came is Dougie.) But it's a matter of opinion so fair enough on that point.

I'm yet to read a report from a fan or in the press that has described our win yesterday as lucky, a deserved victory is all I've heard from the radio coverage I listened to and since.

As for Alonso you said that Dougie forced him out of the club by treating him badly, which is a complete invention. All Dougie's said is that he regrets not being able to convince him to stay, but when Fiorentina are offering more money than we can it was always going to be a tough ask.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well I haven't actually seen any of the youngsters he's brought in yet but certainly from what I read White and Wilkinson look like potentially good signings. I said from day one that Beckford was also a good signing, especially for free. I didn't say yesterday was lucky I thought the team did well and for once deserved the win, I think you may have mistaken my response to luckypeterpiper with the lucky only bit.

I'd love to be able to give more credit to DF but I'm afraid he's got to earn it which in my opinion he hasn't done yet with his handling of things. Maybe in time he will but until then I continue to have doubts about him. As for Alonso, let's leave it because it's water under the bridge now and I do agree the choice of Fiorentina and extra cash or Dougie and less cash seems a no brainier even to me. Laughing

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:You do talk some rubbish sometimes 74. Some of us still have serious doubts about Freedman and for very good reasons which have been covered many times. Perhaps it slipped your notice that for the whole season we've been in and around the relegation zone when with the squad we have we should have been at the other end of the table.

My point was you give no credit for him trying to work with youth and bring in good youngsters, the fact he's sorted out the defence or that he's improved the fitness of players. It's also looking as if he's brought us a goalscorer in for free in Beckford (who's said himself the main reason he came is Dougie.) But it's a matter of opinion so fair enough on that point.

I'm yet to read a report from a fan or in the press that has described our win yesterday as lucky, a deserved victory is all I've heard from the radio coverage I listened to and since.

As for Alonso you said that Dougie forced him out of the club by treating him badly, which is a complete invention. All Dougie's said is that he regrets not being able to convince him to stay, but when Fiorentina are offering more money than we can it was always going to be a tough ask.
I have doubts about Dougie myself BUT what has me annoyed, really annoyed is those who seek to blame Dougie every single time we fail to win and then refuse to give him any credit at all when we do. I know that not every poor performance is the manager's fault any more than every brilliant win should be credited to him but some of our posters seem to feel all that matters is dougie is never ever going to get any credit whatsoever. 

I call such people hypocrites and stand by that word as it is accurate.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I have doubts about Dougie myself BUT what has me annoyed, really annoyed is those who seek to blame Dougie every single time we fail to win and then refuse to give him any credit at all when we do. I know that not every poor performance is the manager's fault any more than every brilliant win should be credited to him but some of our posters seem to feel all that matters is dougie is never ever going to get any credit whatsoever. 

I call such people hypocrites and stand by that word as it is accurate.
We win despite Dougie. A flea infested chimp could get this team in the play-offs. So when we lose it's down to him, and when we win it's despite him.

Don't call me a hypocrite again or you'll have to change your name to unluckyPeterpiper.

Whitesince63 wrote:Well I haven't actually seen any of the youngsters he's brought in yet but certainly from what I read White and Wilkinson look like potentially good signings. I said from day one that Beckford was also a good signing, especially for free. I didn't say yesterday was lucky I thought the team did well and for once deserved the win, I think you may have mistaken my response to luckypeterpiper with the lucky only bit.

I'd love to be able to give more credit to DF but I'm afraid he's got to earn it which in my opinion he hasn't done yet with his handling of things. Maybe in time he will but until then I continue to have doubts about him. As for Alonso, let's leave it because it's water under the bridge now and I do agree the choice of Fiorentina and extra cash or Dougie and less cash seems a no brainier even to me. Laughing
Think it's fair to say you invented the Alonso comment then Whites, as there's no evidence of Dougie blanking, mistreating or forcing him out.

Glad to see you give him credit for the signings you mention above though, let's hope we can iron out the rest of our issues and get up the table.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we win, we'll be 13 points behind Wigan who are in the play-offs?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We won't win, and the team isn't good enough to finish within 10 points of 6th place.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're right Scott. That 6th spot is ours

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:You're right Scott. That 6th spot is ours

We need to win ten games, not only that we need to beat Wigan, and a few other big teams around them.

It starts today.  ::bwfc:: 

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are you ready Boggers?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The sleeping giant has awoken, we'll crush every team in our way now

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The lionheart wants his land back, and will stop at nothing.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:COYW:

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are you ready KP, its going to be a battle.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Are you ready KP, its going to be a battle.
I am Scott, I have all my fingers and toes crossed as well  :pray:

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its going to be the biggest season comeback of all time.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So convinced that you all decided to stop at home.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum