Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

10 points off the playoffs-not impossible.

+16
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
boltonbonce
observer
Whitesince63
wanderlust
kennster
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
scottjames30
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:By mid July they'll have all the season ticket money- so you never know what they'll do with it.
Give it to Eddie as a "success fee"  Mad

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
rammywhite wrote:By mid July they'll have all the season ticket money- so you never know what they'll do with it.
Give it to Eddie as a "success fee"  Mad

LPP- you're being a bit hard on Eddie.
He has put about £155m of his own money in. Without him we might have ceased to exist

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammy, I still remember that but let's face it. It's not an act of philanthropy at all, we owe him 160 million now and he gets interest on it. Not to mention the "success fee" he took out of the Anelka deal AND Cahill deals. 

This isn't Saint Edwin, it's Edwin the businessman and while I have no problem with him making a profit out of us at the end of the day nor do I delude myself about his motives and I think it would be foolish for anyone else to. 

For all PG's talk of "equity" and bank debt being different ED wants that money back and fully intends to collect it. Fair enough, it's business but please don't talk about him as if he's some saviour or knight in shining armour, not when he sits by and silently watches PG make cock up after cock up and refuses to deal with it himself. He's sat in the IOM, doing nothing but taking what money he can get back out of the club whenever he can and we STILL owe him a lot more than he ever put in.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:You never know Peterpiper by then you may have got a tidy £5 million for Lee, Eagles and Pratley.  Suspect 
Eagles, Knight, Andrews and Mears will be off the books in summer and I imagine Cavies and few others will be offered the door, so we might not make any money on transfers but there should be salaries available for the players Dougie wants. And he's already said that whilst it would be nice to sign a few of the loanees, he's already lining up alternatives if the parent clubs take the piss. All part of the master plan.

wanderlust wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:You never know Peterpiper by then you may have got a tidy £5 million for Lee, Eagles and Pratley.  Suspect 
Eagles, Knight, Andrews and Mears will be off the books in summer and I imagine Cavies and few others will be offered the door, so we might not make any money on transfers but there should be salaries available for the players Dougie wants. And he's already said that whilst it would be nice to sign a few of the loanees, he's already lining up alternatives if the parent clubs take the piss. All part of the master plan.

In what was quite possibly his stupidest bit of business IMO, Coyle gave 32 year old Keith Andrews a 3 year contract. So he has another year to milk £20,000 a week off the club (yet he still has the cheek to say he was badly treated here) - unless somebody signs him of course.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:rammy, I still remember that but let's face it. It's not an act of philanthropy at all, we owe him 160 million now and he gets interest on it. Not to mention the "success fee" he took out of the Anelka deal AND Cahill deals. 

This isn't Saint Edwin, it's Edwin the businessman and while I have no problem with him making a profit out of us at the end of the day nor do I delude myself about his motives and I think it would be foolish for anyone else to. 

For all PG's talk of "equity" and bank debt being different ED wants that money back and fully intends to collect it. Fair enough, it's business but please don't talk about him as if he's some saviour or knight in shining armour, not when he sits by and silently watches PG make cock up after cock up and refuses to deal with it himself. He's sat in the IOM, doing nothing but taking what money he can get back out of the club whenever he can and we STILL owe him a lot more than he ever put in.

I think there was a long debate about this when the Accounts came out. He has been paid interest on the debt in the past, but he's allowed the interest rate to fall to zero this year. I don't know whether that means a genuine zero rate, or perhaps he's rolling the interest into the debt. We will never know the answer as its a private contractual matter.
But he's put the money into a very dubious business and the chances of him getting his money back are effectively zero. There isn't enough value in the assets on either a break up value or as a going concern ever to repay him.
So I'm not canonising him as a saint - I'm saying that his money ,however we want to cast him, has saved this club from going out of business as a club playing in the second tier of English football

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
karlypants wrote:Absolutely fantastic result, I am now looking forward to the highlights later tonight! Smile
We might not even be last on the FL show after this.
Wouldn't bet on it though.
What a sad twat you are, Mr doom and Gloom, get a life.
Despite scoring the most goals and having the best form in the division lately, we we still ended up in the "and now for the rest of the Championship" slot - which was entirely to be expected.
Not because I'm a pessimist. 
Not even because I'm a sad twat.
It's because that's what the BBC do.
The only way we'll end up opening the show with extended highlights is if we beat one of the top three 100 nil. And even then they wouldn't show all the goals.

You also commented on the relegation battle so whilst I have always stated that there's no way we'll go down, this result has made no difference to our situation apart from improved goal difference. Sorry to confuse you with the facts Snotty.

wanderlust wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
karlypants wrote:Absolutely fantastic result, I am now looking forward to the highlights later tonight! Smile
We might not even be last on the FL show after this.
Wouldn't bet on it though.
What a sad twat you are, Mr doom and Gloom, get a life.
Despite scoring the most goals and having the best form in the division lately, we we still ended up in the "and now for the rest of the Championship" slot - which was entirely to be expected.
The only way we'll end up opening the show with extended highlights is if we beat one of the top three 100 nil. And even then they wouldn't show all the goals.

That's not how the football league show works, they choose the match that is having extended highlights before the matches have kicked off. Even if we beat one of the top 3 100 nil we would be on first if we were suppose to be, if not then we wouldn't be.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

You also commented on the relegation battle so whilst I have always stated that there's no way we'll go down, this result has made no difference to our situation apart from improved goal difference. Sorry to confuse you with the facts Snotty.

It was a mid-table game with little to play for - regardless of the fact they pick the main games before the start - would you have been happy watching Blackpool v Bournemouth or Boro v Ipswich because they were similar sort of games.

They usually pick the games with most at stake, and rightly so.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

It was a mid-table game with little to play for - regardless of the fact they pick the main games before the start - would you have been happy watching Blackpool v Bournemouth or Boro v Ipswich because they were similar sort of games.

They usually pick the games with most at stake, and rightly so.
Fair enough but the match wasn't without significance for either club. Leeds were/are pushing for the playoffs. If we'd lost to Leeds and the other results were as they were, we'd be back in the relegation battle. Even with the win, we're no better off than we were before the game points-wise re the teams below us as they all won or didn't play.
But I think there's an element of the BBC still holding a grudge against us for the style we once played under Allardyce. Having watched Burnley hoof it up to Vokes and Ings all day yesterday the irony isn't lost on me.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I reckon we would need to win ten games out of our remaining twelve games to make the playoffs. Highly unlikely!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:I reckon we would need to win ten games out of our remaining twelve games to make the playoffs. Highly unlikely!
Even that (69 points) wouldn't be enough. If we win all our remaining games we would still be dependent on a lot of clubs going into meltdown and that's not possible as they'd be taking points off each other.
Just about mathematically impossible already, however this is a great opportunity to pull away from the relegation zone and use the buffer to check out the development squad so that we know exactly what we need to bring in over the summer.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughable that anyone thinks this team will get anywhere near the play offs.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Laughable that anyone thinks this team will get anywhere near the play offs.
Still closer to the bottom three than a play-off spot. If we win another 3 or 4 in a row, then we can look upwards.  For now, one win at a time is nice.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Laughable that anyone thinks this team will get anywhere near the play offs.
Still closer to the bottom three than a play-off spot. If we win another 3 or 4 in a row, then we can look upwards.  For now, one win at a time is nice.

Exactly. One game at a time. Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Big Big ask and I expect us to come of the rails again at some point, Mason has only 1 more week? so we need to keep hold of him for the rest of the season, no I dont think we can do it.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Triumph wrote:Big Big ask and I expect us to come of the rails again at some point, Mason has only 1 more week? so we need to keep hold of him for the rest of the season, no I dont think we can do it.
I forsee big trouble if we don't extend Mason's loan till the end of the season. Beckford appears to still be unfit and last night showed that Juke really struggles in dougie's normal system. He needs support in a 4-4-2. Moritz isn't the answer, not as a striker anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum