Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BT Rage

+9
Soul Kitchen
Culcheth_White
karlypants
scottjames30
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
bwfc71
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41BT Rage - Page 3 Empty Re: BT Rage Wed 1 Jan - 11:30

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

From: BT Line Faults (faults@bt.com) You moved this message to its current location.
Sent: 1 January 2014 10:47:26
To:

Be careful! This sender has failed our fraud detection checks.

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support centre. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 14 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
T - Delayed Repair

Discussion Thread
Response (Annette Baber) 31/12/2013 12:47 PM
Dear Mr Amos,

According to our system your fault has now been cleared. I am sorry you feel that you have not been treated fairly. Openreach deal with all faults on a first come first served basis, excepting where a customer meets the criteria for priority due to extreme vulnerability or the fault is hazardous.

Under the terms and conditions of our contract with our customers we are committed to repair your fault within 2 working days after the day it is reported to us. I see that you reported your fault on 24/12/13 which would make the commitment date 28/12/13 allowing for Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Assuming that your line is now cleared as per the notification we have received from Openreach, this would mean that we were two days later than our commitment. I'll credit the account with this months rental rebate which you would be entitled to under our customer guarantee scheme. Also, as a gesture of goodwill and for the inconvenience caused we will also pay your mortgage, service costs and any auxiliary payments that have accrued, but this will be in the form of a cheque in pound sterling. If you wish to view the terms and conditions of the customer service guarantee scheme you may do so at www.bt.com/terms.

I see from your email that you feel discriminated against as a residential customer, I'm sorry but this is not the case. To be clear, business users do have a faster response time as part of their contract with us. This is because they pay a business line rental, which any customer is entitled to choose.

I am sorry for the trouble you have had. Please let me know if the fault is not cleared or if you have any further queries. If I have not heard from you by 14/1/13 I will assume that all is well and close the complaint.

Yours Sincerely

Digital Care
131230-005237

This email contains BT information, which may be privileged or confidential. It's meant only for the individual(s) or entity named above. If you're not the intended recipient, note that disclosing, copying, distributing or using this information is prohibited. If you've received this email in error, please let me know immediately on the email address above. Thank you. We monitor our email system, and may record your emails.
British Telecommunications plc

Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ Registered in England no: 1800000

42BT Rage - Page 3 Empty Re: BT Rage Wed 1 Jan - 11:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It looks genuine to me. Perhaps Chris is owed an apology?

43BT Rage - Page 3 Empty Re: BT Rage Wed 1 Jan - 11:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:It looks genuine to me. Perhaps Chris is owed an apology?

Wise up RT, a professional bullshitter will have thought about this in advance. How difficult would it be to find a letter like that on the web?

BT don't do anything quickly.

44BT Rage - Page 3 Empty Re: BT Rage Wed 1 Jan - 11:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well I'm pretty confident that a large company like BT will certainly have staff on duty between Christmas and New Year!

45BT Rage - Page 3 Empty Re: BT Rage Sun 26 Jan - 1:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You've got to laugh really.

Got home on Friday and found out I could not get an internet connection so I had to phone India!

A lovely lady very kindly helped me but at the end of the day and after her doing loads of tests at her end, told me that basically my computer was knackered as all her checks showed her the line, modem and hub were working perfectly.

Being a computer numpty I accepted what she had said - after all my PC is way beyond is sell by date - but by a stroke of luck - and just before I put the phone down, I noticed that the 'blue' light on my hub and gone to 'amber' again. The lady apologised profusely and said she had not done a test about the line dropping and yes, there was a BT line fault after all.

The bit that made me laugh though - BT knowing that I didn't have internet connection (at least at that time) - and having asked for my mobile number - sent me an email on how the fault was going to be repaired.

How the fuck was I suposed to read it until the fault had been repaired and I could access my email account?!?

Good job I've got a sense of humour.

(Unlike Dutchy above!  :bomb: )

46BT Rage - Page 3 Empty Re: BT Rage Sun 26 Jan - 9:39

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

You need a big sense of humour if you are staying with BT (and a big wallet). I switched to PlusNet years ago. They provide a better and cheaper service and have an English helpline on an 0800 number which actually can help you. Unfortunately BT took them over a couple of years ago but thankfully allowed them to continue as a separate organisation. Worth looking at reviews even though there is some suggestion that customer service has dropped slightly since the takeover.

47BT Rage - Page 3 Empty Re: BT Rage Sun 26 Jan - 10:24

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have some ideas now how to deal with nuisance calls in a more acceptable manner now. I am looking forward to my next call!!
As an aside I have been with BT for my internet connection for a long time after arsoles on line took over compuserve, my first provider. Malcolm, Jeffrey and Susan have sorted my problems out to my satisfaction, however they have always declined to tell me what the weather was like where they were!!

48BT Rage - Page 3 Empty Re: BT Rage Sun 26 Jan - 14:16

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:You've got to laugh really.

Got home on Friday and found out I could not get an internet connection so I had to phone India!

A lovely lady very kindly helped me but at the end of the day and after her doing loads of tests at her end, told me that basically my computer was knackered as all her checks showed her the line, modem and hub were working perfectly.

Being a computer numpty I accepted what she had said - after all my PC is way beyond is sell by date - but by a stroke of luck - and just before I put the phone down, I noticed that the 'blue' light on my hub and gone to 'amber' again.  The lady apologised profusely and said she had not done a test about the line dropping and yes, there was a BT line fault after all.

The bit that made me laugh though - BT knowing that I didn't have internet connection (at least at that time) - and having asked for my mobile number - sent me an email on how the fault was going to be repaired.

How the fuck was I suposed to read it until the fault had been repaired and I could access my email account?!?

Good job I've got a sense of humour.

(Unlike Dutchy above!    :bomb: )

Aye, but did you get anything back, like I did?

I was courteous on the phone all the time, and explained (and on one call explain to at least 5 different people!) - and yes did have a sense of humour with it - but also aggravated at the situation.  In the end they did own up to saying it was their own fault and not within their SLA's (their SLA is 3 days whilst the local junction box was out of order for 6 days!)

Anyway just sorted out BT, today, and got the bill reduced from £139/quarter to £92/quarter!  And as soon as Infinity is available in my area will be going onto it (thus reducing the bills even further - for at least 6 months!)

49BT Rage - Page 3 Empty Re: BT Rage Sun 26 Jan - 20:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's always worth asking for compensation due to loss of service you are paying for.

Sluffy, depending on what kind of phone you have and if you had a data package/active internet on the phone you may have been able to view the email on your phone. Smile

Last edited by karlypants on Sun 26 Jan - 23:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed a vital word out)

50BT Rage - Page 3 Empty Re: BT Rage Sun 26 Jan - 21:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I did actually view the message on my phone Karly but that is not the point - BT didn't know I had internet access elsewhere.

It's not a big thing and I'm not making an issue out of it but it did make me laugh that the company who knew there was a problem preventing me having internet access, sent me an internet message to read as to how they intended to fix it!

Someone hadn't thought that one through properly!

Chris well done mate on your wheeling and dealings to get money off your phone bill.

I don't know if you watch Benidorm on the telly but your comments reminded me very much of Martin in the cassino!  Very Happy 

Hope you have the same luck as him in the end though.

51BT Rage - Page 3 Empty Re: BT Rage Sun 26 Jan - 22:38

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:I did actually view the message on my phone Karly but that is not the point - BT didn't know I had internet access elsewhere.

It's not a big thing and I'm not making an issue out of it but it did make me laugh that the company who knew there was a problem preventing me having internet access, sent me an internet message to read as to how they intended to fix it!

Someone hadn't thought that one through properly!

Chris well done mate on your wheeling and dealings to get money off your phone bill.

I don't know if you watch Benidorm on the telly but your comments reminded me very much of Martin in the cassino!   Very Happy 

Hope you have the same luck as him in the end though.

Benidorm is a firm favourite and yep its worked out well!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum