Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Write about a Bolton game in the good old days that you fondly remember

+12
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
carrs
Norpig
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Michael Bolton
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That's should be shown to DF strap him in to the chair n show him the footage 11 committed guys and 2 subs when they came on attack attack on a cow field now they play on carpets.

That game's one of my all time favourites along with.

Wrexham promotion game.

Liverpool away White Hot.

Ditto Arsenal.

Utd away when Ricketts & Nolan scored.

Sherpa Van final against Torquay.

Last ever game at Burnden against Charlton. (Although quite a sad night.)

Reading at Wembley. (Obviously.)

Play Off Final against PNE.

Burnley away with nine men.

Leicester away on the first day. (5-0)

And probably a load more I can't remember now.....

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'd agree with all them as well.

Do you remember the Burnley 9 men one the controversy as Burnley had kicked the ball out for an injured player.The etiquette was you give the ball back to the other team but Super JohnMcGinley thought fuck that took then throw in and from the throw in which he threw to a Wanderers player we equalised 2-2 Burnley were furious HAPPY DAYS!

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tea breaks over so got to go in case anyone replies not being ignorant back later 84

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Opening day of the 11/12 season. Away to QPR and won 4-0 with some of the best football I'd seen in years. I was down in London to see my brother and he'd got tickets for the match. We both went and watching his face fall as the predicted drubbing we were supposed to get from them failed to materialise was a joyful experience in its own right.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blackburn away 3-2 down at half time, and won 4-3, Graham Souness was the Manager .

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

4th round FA cup tie away to Everton at Goodison park midweek under the floodlights. We were still in the old 3rd division. 2-0 down and came back to win 3-2. For the life of me I can't remember what year it was but Stubbs scored the equalizer at 2-2 against the team he supported growing up and Coyle scored the winner in extra time. Fabulous night out at Goodison Park.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Morning all Wanderers hate doing Saturday mornings but it's once job n if I get it started by 8 am should be done for dinner.No problems hoping for a win today surely he can't pick Pratley with Mason here now.If he does I'll be shocked one of the worst players ever to wear the shirt.
This time last week was still in bed didn't have to set off till about 11 2.5 hours after the coach n still made it what a pitiful experience.

Will anyone learn Tim Ream is not a centre half.Wheater,Mills for me :COYW: 

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hip Priest wrote:4th round FA cup tie away to Everton at Goodison park midweek under the floodlights. We were still in the old 3rd division. 2-0 down and came back to win 3-2. For the life of me I can't remember what year it was but Stubbs scored the equalizer at 2-2 against the team he supported growing up and Coyle scored the winner in extra time. Fabulous night out at Goodison Park.

19th January, 1994.

Southampton away in the F.A cup. I'd missed the first match at Burnden after going on a school trip to London.Had to have the day off school to go. Remember standing in paddock behind the net, first time I had stood up on a packed terrace. 

Julian Darby scored a cracking volley to put us 2~1 up, it stayed that way until Barry Horne hit an innocous shot from about 40 yard in the 92nd minute that Dave Felgate misjudged and it floated over his head even though he was only about half a yard off his line.

Into extra time and Barry Horne did it again this time from slightly closer. Gutted we lost but the atmosphere from that match was the best I had experienced at the time.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Stoke City Mid 70s F.A Cup 3rd round (someone help), not sure weather it was the first ever Sunday match??, anyway stoke were division 1 we were division 2, we stormed into a 3-0 lead, John Byrom hatrick before they scored 2 second half goals, we were clinging on at the end but held out. the stoke fans invaded the lever end, straight across the pitch from the embankment, terrifying for a young teen watching from the many road terrace!!!!!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:Stoke City Mid 70s F.A Cup 3rd round (someone help), not sure weather it was the first ever Sunday match??, anyway stoke were division 1 we were division 2, we stormed into a 3-0 lead, John Byrom hatrick before they scored 2 second half goals, we were clinging on at the end but held out. the stoke fans invaded the lever end, straight across the pitch from the embankment, terrifying for a young teen watching from the many road terrace!!!!!
Remember that game. 1974 if memory serves. Nigh on 40,000 there. And it was a Sunday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum