Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is next in the hot seat?

+32
wessy
bryan458
xmiles
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
Bolton Nuts
JAH
White84
Keegan
Pevensey Pete
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
scottjames30
finlaymcdanger
rammywhite
Boggersbelief
Bollotom2014
okocha
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Barryjw
Numpty 28723
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
karlypants
mgsg24
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 27]

41Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 13:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JFH managed one season at Antwerp they came 7th in the second tier in Belgium.

42Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 13:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, top bloke as far as I know, but like others have said I have no idea why he is so high in the betting.

My head choice would be Gary Rowett - done a great job at Burton and more importantly, doesn't have a string of failures behind him.

My heart choice would be Di Canio as it would be entertaining if nothing else.

Like Hipster, I cringe at the thought of Tony Mowbray.

43Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 13:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I would go for a foreign manager....somebody who has barely heard of BWFC.  Someone who values skill over the good ol shift.  Along the lines of Martinez and such.  Somebody who doesn't speak English would be fun.
If Blackpool wins their game tonight we will be dead bottom of the league......that's a hard sell to anybody decent of course.

44Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 13:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, top bloke as far as I know, but like others have said I have no idea why he is so high in the betting.

My head choice would be Gary Rowett - done a great job at Burton and more importantly, doesn't have a string of failures behind him.

My heart choice would be Di Canio as it would be entertaining if nothing else.

Like Hipster, I cringe at the thought of Tony Mowbray.

Rowett has an interesting CV, same as Karl Robinson, I get the feeling if they do pass up JP they wont go down that road again. I.E younger, "fresh" manager. 

They'll want an arse kicker who's been there. Shame because I bet someone like that would relish the job. 

Rowett turned down Blackpool recently apparently.

45Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 13:25

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

With a hint of nostalgia why not bring back Colin Todd from his Denmark exile?
Played excellent football under his leadership, resigned on principle after the sale of Per Frandsen.
Remember the 100 goal 99 point season?

46Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 13:48

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fernando Hierro, anybody?

47Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 13:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Loving the speculation. The Board are probably doing exactly the same thing right now.
JP will only be a short term measure, but it's a shame as I thought he did OK last time and I'd have preferred him to stay on instead of bringing in Freedman but that's water under the bridge now. If he was vaguely interested in the job it would be nice to give him a proper shot at it.

I remember the comment being made that JP was good with the players but had no experience of the transfer market.  If true, that shouldn't preclude him from taking the job now as there is no transfer budget anyway.

JFH would be a disaster IMO.

48Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 13:53

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wouldn't mind Peter Beagrie in an advisory/assistant role:- a lower-league expert, intelligent, articulate. He would surely know who is worth signing and who is not

49Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 13:58

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Got to be someone who relishes a challenge and has a bit of a thick skin and is persuasive enough to get Phil to get Ed to open the purse strings. Then he has to be a sort of person who won't bullshit the fans and point to mistakes and weakness and errors of players. On the other side of the coin we could plump for a name but beforehand we must ask why are they out of a job at present, what can they bring to a failing club and do their missuses tweet? Strong disciplinarian too to get the dressing room mafia, if any, onside and playing properly. Yon mon at the Tractor Boys, Mick Mc could be good, if we can afford him. He's probably come too, fed up of Suffolk. Man it is so flat! Did a couple of months their, well Woodbridge, and you'd really prefer to be in Padiham.

50Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 14:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mick Mack is a regular on here Bollo. We discuss him every year or so - less nowadays now that Natasha's head's been turned.

51Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 14:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Peter beagrie? Oh dear god

52Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 14:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dave Jones popping up on the list. Good lord.

53Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 14:29

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

MartinBWFC wrote:Fernando Hierro, anybody?
Unlikely...............Expensive and not likely to leave his assistant managers roll with Real Madrid. The heir apparent to the big job there!. Not noted for insanity.

54Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 14:34

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'd give Jimmy Phillips a crack at it. He knows the players & club as well as anyone and he definitely raised the energy levels when he stepped in after Coyle.

Otherwise, no more people from Chilly Jocko Land. I've had enough of listening to excuses being churned out in a Scottish accent.

55Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 14:51

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Get Neil Lennon- he's Irish so he avoids the 'Jock' label.
And he'd kick a few idle arses as well

56Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 14:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Peter beagrie? Oh dear god

I get what Okocha's saying about Beagrie. He's one of several TV punters (Leroy Rosenior is another, as is Claridge to a lesser extent) who give the impression that they are well in with all the lower league clubs, that they know all the up-and-coming players - personally - and have an understanding of the finances of each club.
If half of what they imply is true, their knowledge would be very useful in rebuilding a team from lower league talent and therefore a supporting role to a recognised manager would not be out of the question.

That said, any lower league player with the talent to improve their lot would be beyond our budget anyway.

57Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 15:18

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:Fernando Hierro, anybody?

We can dream

58Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 15:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Peter beagrie has never managed a club before though...

59Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 15:30

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Barryjw wrote:With a hint of nostalgia why not bring back Colin Todd from his Denmark exile?
Played excellent football under his leadership, resigned on principle after the sale of Per Frandsen.
Remember the 100 goal 99 point season?

You forget one thing - yes he resigned on principle, but who sold Frandsen?

Gartside!!!

Do you really think he would come back whilst Gartside is still here?  Same goes for Big Sam!

60Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Fri Oct 03 2014, 15:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Peter beagrie has never managed a club before though...
Okocha is proposing an assistant role.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum